Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Nice find HappyFeat! Those shoes should be worn with a dress or skirt. It would be a shame to hide them under long trousers or jeans. Be sure to post a picture with the outfit you put together when you wear them. ;)

Ask and ye shall receive, my friend. I took your advice and wore them with a skirt. Attached is a picture of the outfit matched with an Ann Taylor skirt and Ralph Lauren sweater.

Shoes are "ooooookaaaaayyyy" ish, but not so sure about the feet inside them? :penitent: lol

Also, listening to your advice Tech, I put on some nylons to cover those unsure feet. Maybe its a little better. ;)

post-5655-133522887528_thumb.jpg

Style is built from the ground up!

I have just ordered a pair of pink 6" heel stilettos from burlesqeblue.

fabulous shoes,I already have pairs of black patent and pale blue and they fit perfectly. photos will follow later.

Has anyone else also bought from cos?;)

I've dealt with Cos at burlesqueblue only once. I ordered a pair of plain black classic pumps with 6" stiletto heels earlier this year. Quality and workmanship is above average and fit was good. Price, very reasonable.

At the time I placed my order, toward the end of last year, I was unaware that Cos was experiencing difficulty with suppliers and manufacturing glitches, causing delays. And, during this period, after the promised completion date had came and passed, my many emails querying the status of my order, went unanswered. I had to ask another member of this fraternity, who has direct access to Cos, to intercede and help with getting answers to the status of my order. (without this intercession, I might still be waiting delivery of my shoes.)

There is a slight problem with the right shoe. The 6" heel is slightly out of line -- like it was attached a little off center. While it doesn't interfere with wearing of the shoe, or walking in them, the condition is enough that the shoe will not "stand up" by itself. If I could figure out a way to bend the shank a couple of "mm", the problem probably would be solved. But, it "ain't" a biggie."

I thought about returning the shoes for correction or replacement but, given the difficulties I experienced getting the order filled, I decided the fault wasn't worth the hassle of going through the "return, repair and/or replace" process.

Will I ever order another pair of shoes from Cos? At this point, I doubt it. I guess it all would depend upon recent experiences by other members. If he has straightened out his production problems, perhaps.

However, communications and customer service dosn't seem to be a "strong point" with him. I guess I am one of the "old school" types that believe if you agree to a "deal," pay for the order upfront, the merchant should abide with the terms and specifications of the "deal" and if they can't, then I expect some sort of explanation for the delay. Common courtesy? There doesn't seem to be any these days...

Please let us all know your experience with him. Quite frankly, his shoes are quite close to the shoes I have that are made by the Little Shoe Box in terms of quality and workmanship.

(If only his customer relations were better ;))

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My new shoes form Evans, size 10, fit me (a large uk 11) perfectly. They are a 5" heel with a 1/4"-1/2" hidden plat Andi

post-6303-133522887542_thumb.jpg

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

I hope its just the camera angle as they havent arrived yet. But I have the black ones they also sell in the same style and they are the most comfortable heels I have ever worn and I was using the measurements from those..

I will post exactly when I get them..

Andi

Must be the camera angle, I wouldn't have guessed they're that high.

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

Just bought these wedges from Aldo yesterday. They are very comfortable and they feel higher than they look. I love them. Now wondering how I will wear them ;) - With nylons, they tend to "slip out" while walking - Barefoot or with socks they are OK Would you wear them bare foot or with socks ? Would you wear them with flare, straight or maybe skinny jeans ? What about the color of jeans / socks ? I'm not a fashion expert (yet). I am still learning from you guy's so any suggestions are welcome ;)

post-14338-13352288776_thumb.jpg

Very cute choice. I remember similar styles were quite popular back in the early 1980's when "preppy" was all the rage. Then they were likely to be worn with knee socks and a plaid skirt, with or without the giant safety pin... I likely would wear them with boot cut jeans and socks. I don't think nylons or barefoot would be quite right, though I am far from a fashion expert myself. As for the color of the socks, I would maybe go for black or even argyle, but my first impulse would be to match the socks with my shirt.

So i decided i was going to buy a new pair of shoes, i'll post a pic of them later, but right now its good enough for a story. I have never been one to "flaunt" my heels to anyone. I'm a very lowkey heeler, and dont try to antagonize anyone. So today i decided i wanted to try on some of the new styles out there, so i walked into a "head over heels" store in the local mall at about 1 pm. There wasn't very much going on in the mall, so i was the only one in the store for a while. I was helped by a young woman who was incredibly helpful. I asked her if i could try on some of the new styles, and she happily helped me out. I asked her what ones she has and which she prefered, and we talked about them for a while. I was there for about an hour, and she kept bringing me different styles, when i finally settled on one. It was one of her personal favorites (black straps, with i think a 5.5 inch stilletto heel). As i was walking around in them, i asked her how often guys come in, and she said that it was fairly often to see them come in and get shoes. Apparently heels are very popular in the club scene here, for both girls and guys, so we talked about clubbing for a bit, and i decided on the shoes, and i was just about to sit down to take them off, and she asked why i wasnt' going to wear them out of the store, and i said, why not? so i paid her, put my shoes in the bag, and walked out of the store. On the walk back to the car, i only think 1 person noticed and they didn't really care. The clerk even invited me back in 2 weeks when they get new styles in. I will take her up on that offer. For it being my first time trying on shoes in public, It was not as stressful as i thought it would have been. A lady came in and asked me if i liked tall shoes and we talked, and she found an awesome pair, that looked great on her, and i told her that, and it boosted her confidence ;) All in all. it was a good day ;)

What an excellent experience, especially for your first time trying on shoes in the store. I love the fact you wore them out of the store and if they are half as nice as the ones in your avatar (which I adore and covet) I am sure you made a good choice. It is promising to hear that heels are popular with guys in the Utah club scene. If you learn more, please keep us informed.

I recently bought a pair of Gabriella Rocha Omar wedge sandals. Found a size 13 at Overstock.com, but I no longer see that size anywhere. They are just a little tight, but comfortable and silent due to the rubber sole. The listing says a 3 inch heel in size 7.5, but mine are 5 1/4 inches at the back with about a 1 3/8 inch platform. I wore them to the salon yesterday with long jeans and with bright metallic red polish to get my pedicure. My salon girl (who is a very tall blond and a friend, now married, but who does not wear heels at all) spotted them and said "Give me those!" She put on one and said "Give me the other one!", though they were quite a bit too big for her. She grabbed one of the other girls for support and walked up and down in the salon wearing them. She told the girls they were mine, then the girls came over and showed me their heels. One was wearing high wedges somewhat similar and the other had high wooden heels. They seemed enthusiastic about showing off their shoes to me. (Now have a dark red polish that my friend selected from what I took in.) I guess I can keep doing that. I'm not very confident about trying to wear noisy stilletos, though.

post-28-133522887828_thumb.jpg

As I said on other thread, in France, it's quite difficult, women wears heels under 4", so for a women, more than 4, it's very noticeble, so, for men... ;)

I had ordered those sandals last month, they'll arrive next week.

Very nice sandals. Did you ordered them in this color ? (If so, I guess you will be noticed !)

High heel without platform. I like them too. Please give us a feedback when you get them !

Just picked these up today. I found them at the local sally ann. They are black ankle strap platform sandals. They are originally from Aldo so I am assuming they were pricey at one time. The heel measures 4 3/4" and they have a 3/4" platform. They fit great in the back but they are a little snug in the toe and strap area. I think I can work them in and loosen them up some though. The best part is I managed to snag these babies for $7.

post-3002-133522888141_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522888143_thumb.jpg

Danielp6406, very cute shoes! I tried on a pair very similar once, but they only had them in pink, so I passed. Those are pretty versatile. Mr.X, excellent find! Not only are they great shoes (would love them with jeans) but to get them at a very sweet discount...now that's where the fun is!

Very cute shoes! They look great with your jeans!

I'm glad you like them ! I was not able to resist when I saw them on display ...

Wondering if they would also look great with white jeans. Any opinion ?

Danielp6406, very cute shoes! I tried on a pair very similar once, but they only had them in pink, so I passed. Those are pretty versatile.

Greatings HappyFeat and thank you for the positive comment.

Do you have a "Spring Shoes" store in the USA ? (Spring Shoes is a division of Aldo Shoes)

If so, you may want to try them on. I'm sure you would buy a pair...(The model name is "Banda")

Speaking about them, I will wear them tomorrow if it is raining. If not, I will wear my gladiator's sandals.