A question for the girls about the boys...

cjveritas

A question for the girls about the boys...  

80 members have voted

1. 1. A question for the girls about the boys...

• Men in high heels: YES
    • Men in high heels: NO
    • Men in high heels: ?

Does the sight of a man in high heels turn you on or off? Do you find it interesting or simply wrong? Are you for it or against it? Men wearing high heels in public, a "do" or a "don't"? Please illuminate the matter with your comment and a poll vote. thx

Given the times in which you have asked such questions, most of us have not seen many males, if any, wearing heels in public as a normal course in their life's activities. So, of course, most would think it is odd or unfamiliar to the usual activities of males. As far as liking or disliking, that will always be a personal perspective. Perhaps after more of us get off our laurels and publicly heel to the point male heelings are common and become accepted social occurances, the poll you are trying to take won't have the experience to really be objective opinions.

A question for the girls about the boys. I think it's a very good question and I am cureous to know my self as I have posted a question similar that was sent to the girls only forum. Lot of good replys. My question was " Would you date a man in heels?" But lets stay on the subject, K?

real men wear heels

A question for the girls about the boys. I think it's a very good question and I am cureous to know my self as I have posted a question similar that was sent to the girls only forum. Lot of good replys. My question was " Would you date a man in heels?" But lets stay on the subject, K?

On the other hand Histiletto, you make a very good point as most of the users on this site I think, would agree that men in heels is not a problem and agree that a person should be able to wear what they want anywhere as there should be NO gender on clothing. Thats my opinion anyway.

real men wear heels

The girls seem to be voting on this poll but don't drop a single remark in a post to this thread.

Come on girls! Give us your thoughts and remarks to this subject! Be as honest as you can be I'm sure the guys can take it!

thx

Yes! We really do want to know. We have no fear!

real men wear heels

• 2 weeks later...

Cjveritas, from a lot of past experience I must suggest to you that these are loaded questions. Having said that, I will also suggest I appreciate your curiousity. There are two problems with such a poll. 1) There is no way of knowing if those responding are actually women. 2) The bias in the poll on this site would be akin to attending an NRA convention and taking a poll on gun control. Johnieheel and Histiletto both touched on similiar issues. On the "Would you date a man in heels" thread in the girls section, I answered it honestly, just as you ask here. I didn't degrade, belittle, or resort to name calling. I did outline some of my unpleasant experiences. The guys (or someone) didn't like it so it's all been deleted. To address your basic curiousity, I simply don't want any part of a man in heels. It doesn't belong in my life or lifestyle. That's a choice I get to freely make based on my values and belief structure. As for "do's" or "don'ts", "right" or "wrong", it's not for me to say what someone else should do. As for my values and belief structure, I've expanded on those in the past and have been severely chastised for it many times. I won't do it again. Since the original post was directed toward the "girls" I'll take the liberty of responding to a couple other responses. Histiletto, I have a great deal of experience to be really objective in my opinions and I'm not alone. Beyond those experiences, I travel extensively and have seen and witnessed much that is odd or unfamiliar including guys in women's clothes. It is what it is, nothing changes. You're correct, personal perspectives will always be what they are. Johnieheel, you've occasionally suggested I try to have some fun here and simply enjoy the conversation. In that spirit, I get the "perception" that your "We have no fear" is a bit of a challenge. :smile: Is it? Susan

Well Susan, when I say we have no fear and we would like ,or I would like more women's opinions, including yours, on what women think about men in heels, That is just what I mean. I would like to know how every woman in the world feels about a man in heels or for that matter, how every man feels about a man in heels also. Just curious. I'm a very open mind and like to know both sides. It is not a challenge.

real men wear heels

For a person that has been around in this community for as long as you have, Dr. Shoe, I am surprised that you can't answer your own question yourself. And, as for Jonieheels, he's proving without any doubt that he's no intillectual match for Susan.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

For a person that has been around in this community for as long as you have, Dr. Shoe, I am surprised that you can't answer your own question yourself.

And, as for Jonieheels, he's proving without any doubt that he's no intillectual match for Susan.

And, as for Jonieheels, he's proving without any doubt that he's no intillectual match for Susan.

Nor does He want or care to be.

real men wear heels

Well Susan, when I say we have no fear and we would like ,or I would like more women's opinions, including yours, on what women think about men in heels, That is just what I mean. I would like to know how every woman in the world feels about a man in heels or for that matter, how every man feels about a man in heels also. Just curious. I'm a very open mind and like to know both sides. It is not a challenge.

Of course, Susan, that's the point of this poll. It's a personal question towards women. Just because you don't seem to appreciate men in heels doens't mean we're, men that is, insulted in any way. That's what I meant with "us guys being able to take it". I believe, but this is personal of course, most men on this forum would very much appreciate some more response to this poll/question.

You're quite right not to "upset" anyone and respect everyone's view on heels. But how else are us guys supposed to get a picture of women's opinions on men in heels?

Thanks for your post by the way! Please give us more!

For a person that has been around in this community for as long as you have, Dr. Shoe, I am surprised that you can't answer your own question yourself.

I thought I launched this poll to have your opinion on men in heels and not on the forum-members themselves.

Please refrain from making pointless remarks.

Dr. Shoe, I have to admit, with the abundance of information I've presented on this forum, your question is a bit bewildering. On that basis, since you ask, a simple "yes" isn't going to be sufficient. Yes, my waking hours are spent in heels but not in the sense typically depicted on these forums or websites. I understand the geometry, structure, and style of heels. I understand the make-up and structure of my body, more specifically my feet, ankles, legs, hips, and back. Nearly four decades ago I studied, worked toward, and achieved a desired level of poise, manner, and a destinct ability in "HIGH" heels. Two very skilled women were instrumental with their help and instruction. A little insight --- Standing with my feet side by side in pointed toe pumps with a "very" high heel, (size 5 US) the entire sole (toe box) of both shoes including heel tips will fit in a space no larger than a tea cup saucer. When appropriate that's exactly how I stand. When in motion, walking, dancing, etc., both heel tips virtually never touch the ground at the same time. Actually, walking down sloped surfaces is likely the only time. It's not unusual that we have breakfast on the deck outside the great-room over looking the lake and distant mountains. I'm already in heels, but my focus and total attention is on nature's early morning serenity and beauty. Not the shoes I'm wearing. "Do you (I) admire other ladies who wear them"? Certainly, but not always, and probably for different reasons than a man would. This is all way off topic but since you're a moderater I suppose it's OK. :smile: Cjveritas, this thread laid for about two weeks with no activity. My better judgement said to leave it alone, but you seemed genuinely interested. Is it specifics that you are looking for? On a different note but same tune, it isn't just opinion of appearance. There's an accompanying behavior, certainly not the same in every case, widely varied to both extremes, but its presence is undeniable. Is this something you are asking for? Cjveritas, I've been down this path before and I'm not going to jump in until I know how deep the water is. :wave: Susan

Actually I can. Yes I wear heels and yes I admire ladies that do. How is that hard?

Who's trying to be an "intillectual (sic)" match anyway?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Dr. Shoe, I have to admit, with the abundance of information I've presented on this forum, your question is a bit bewildering. On that basis, since you ask, a simple "yes" isn't going to be sufficient. Yes, my waking hours are spent in heels but not in the sense typically depicted on these forums or websites. I understand the geometry, structure, and style of heels. I understand the make-up and structure of my body, more specifically my feet, ankles, legs, hips, and back. Nearly four decades ago I studied, worked toward, and achieved a desired level of poise, manner, and a destinct ability in "HIGH" heels. Two very skilled women were instrumental with their help and instruction. A little insight --- Standing with my feet side by side in pointed toe pumps with a "very" high heel, (size 5 US) the entire sole (toe box) of both shoes including heel tips will fit in a space no larger than a tea cup saucer. When appropriate that's exactly how I stand. When in motion, walking, dancing, etc., both heel tips virtually never touch the ground at the same time. Actually, walking down sloped surfaces is likely the only time. It's not unusual that we have breakfast on the deck outside the great-room over looking the lake and distant mountains. I'm already in heels, but my focus and total attention is on nature's early morning serenity and beauty. Not the shoes I'm wearing.

"Do you (I) admire other ladies who wear them"? Certainly, but not always, and probably for different reasons than a man would. This is all way off topic but since you're a moderater I suppose it's OK. :smile:

Cjveritas, this thread laid for about two weeks with no activity. My better judgement said to leave it alone, but you seemed genuinely interested. Is it specifics that you are looking for? On a different note but same tune, it isn't just opinion of appearance. There's an accompanying behavior, certainly not the same in every case, widely varied to both extremes, but its presence is undeniable. Is this something you are asking for? Cjveritas, I've been down this path before and I'm not going to jump in until I know how deep the water is. :wave:

Susan

A simple "yes" would have been sufficient Susan! :silly:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Well, for all that matters, I'd love to see high heels becoming a common part of male's wardrobe. Not for CDs, TVs, TSs alone, but for the 100% males specially. In past men have wore heels of sorts made for them exclusivelly. In Europe it was a common thing to be seen, though there where no stileto or really high heels available. As for that, you can still see versions of those heels in men's cowboy boots, even if in smaller versions. As time passes, men and women are starting to realize that as long as one is happy, it can freely chose it's lifestyle. It'll take quite a long time for it becomming a fashion though (scotland kilts excluded, they're already men fashion skirts, lol). I'd really love to go to work or to see a movie fully dressed as a man, yet wearing my 7/8, black patent, 3 inch heeled boots, for it is a beaultifull pair of boots despite who's wearing them... And I think my beloved one would agree, claping her hands with a childish smile (she does that often, lol). The thing is, it is a major "taboo", and today's major discussions try to bane, once and for all, all sorts of taboos. That said, it should be just a matter of time before high heels can be seen in straight men's (such as myself) feet. Just my opinion, surely.

I don't have any problem with men in high heels. I live in the SF Bay Area so I have seen quite a few men in high heels. Some of the men are Goth types, some gay/tv/tg, some are with their girlfriends/wives. I believe that life is short and as long as you're not hurting anybody, you should pursue what makes you happy. Personally though, I would rather see men in stylish heels, or heels that suit their style. Like a pair of pink patent stilleto pumps do NOT go well with a pair of jeans and a baggy sweater, but maybe a pair of black chunky heeled boots do! And I have seen both! I also think that only really skinny men, (and women for that matter!), can pull off stilettos of any kind. There was a guy working at the MAC makeup counter at Nordstrom who wore stiletto pumps that were higher than anything I could ever wear, but he looked pretty good and was actually kind of cute because they matched his outfit and frame. People who are larger tend to look like tops in stilettos, and they usually look better in chunky heels. But that's just my opinion... :smile: Audrey

I don't have any problem with men in high heels. I live in the SF Bay Area so I have seen quite a few men in high heels. Some of the men are Goth types, some gay/tv/tg, some are with their girlfriends/wives. I believe that life is short and as long as you're not hurting anybody, you should pursue what makes you happy.

Personally though, I would rather see men in stylish heels, or heels that suit their style. Like a pair of pink patent stilleto pumps do NOT go well with a pair of jeans and a baggy sweater, but maybe a pair of black chunky heeled boots do! And I have seen both! I also think that only really skinny men, (and women for that matter!), can pull off stilettos of any kind. There was a guy working at the MAC makeup counter at Nordstrom who wore stiletto pumps that were higher than anything I could ever wear, but he looked pretty good and was actually kind of cute because they matched his outfit and frame. People who are larger tend to look like tops in stilettos, and they usually look better in chunky heels. But that's just my opinion... :smile:

Audrey

Thanks for your reply to this poll/post.

It's this kind of replies I was oringinally aiming for. A simple yes or no followed by a why as a personal opinion.

PS: SF Bay area looks like nice place...

I don't have any problem with men in high heels. I live in the SF Bay Area so I have seen quite a few men in high heels. Some of the men are Goth types, some gay/tv/tg, some are with their girlfriends/wives. I believe that life is short and as long as you're not hurting anybody, you should pursue what makes you happy.

Personally though, I would rather see men in stylish heels, or heels that suit their style. Like a pair of pink patent stilleto pumps do NOT go well with a pair of jeans and a baggy sweater, but maybe a pair of black chunky heeled boots do! And I have seen both! I also think that only really skinny men, (and women for that matter!), can pull off stilettos of any kind. There was a guy working at the MAC makeup counter at Nordstrom who wore stiletto pumps that were higher than anything I could ever wear, but he looked pretty good and was actually kind of cute because they matched his outfit and frame. People who are larger tend to look like tops in stilettos, and they usually look better in chunky heels. But that's just my opinion... :smile:

Audrey

Audrey

Thanks for the comment. While I life on the East Coast I have many times gone shopping in San Francisco while wearing heels and have received nothing but positive comments (if any at all). It seems like a very open-minded population.

I'll be there again this week and plan to do some serious shoe shopping !

• 1 year later...

I am OK with either...to each his/her own.....

Adeana, you are a gem... and probably in the minority.

I would love to see the results of this poll with all of the male votes disqualified. Too bad there's not a mechanism by which the inappropriate votes would automatically rejected on the unisex polls. The way it works now, the results of a poll like this are rather meaningless.

We all know the men can't keep out of the womens' stuff... :w00t2:

• 3 weeks later...

Personally though, I would rather see men in stylish heels, or heels that suit their style. Like a pair of pink patent stilleto pumps do NOT go well with a pair of jeans and a baggy sweater, but maybe a pair of black chunky heeled boots do! And I have seen both! I also think that only really skinny men, (and women for that matter!), can pull off stilettos of any kind. There was a guy working at the MAC makeup counter at Nordstrom who wore stiletto pumps that were higher than anything I could ever wear, but he looked pretty good and was actually kind of cute because they matched his outfit and frame. People who are larger tend to look like tops in stilettos, and they usually look better in chunky heels. But that's just my opinion... :w00t2:

Audrey

I am OK with either...to each his/her own.....

Ladies...

Thank you both for responding!!!

I've been asked this question a few times now and I have to be honest my opinion has changed a little. I would've said not sure originally but now, my present partner likes heels and has worn them a few times with me which, I have to admit, doesn't bother me one bit. I wouldn't say I'm convinced though its just that he's my partner and we do things together. So now my answer would be to let him have a go, it won't make him a bad person, just different.

There are similar questions and polls in other forums that receive a lot of name calling and prejudices against men wearing heels. Most of these comments seem to be jerk reactions from what the social norm has been. These forums also have people that are willing to let men wear high heels if they choose to, as long as they don't have to deal with those heelers. Then a few of the postors actually show a it of compassion and understanding for men wanting to wear high heels. As I said in my original post on this thread, we will have to see what the concensus will be when male heeling is no longer isolated happenings, but seen everywhere. Right now, the sight of seeing a man wearing heels would even cause me to catch a double take, even though I am wearing heels already. Then I would hope we could at least exchange acknowledgements, if not more. After heeling is everywhere, a smile and a greeting would be enough in the way of courtesy.

• 2 months later...

Does the sight of a man in high heels turn you on or off?

No it does not, when my hubby is wearing them I actually then can see how the shoe really look on feet, and to be onnest, I actually thinking "that look better on my feet" ha ha ha, but no it does not turn me on or off

Do you find it interesting or simply wrong?

Interesting as this is something very new for me and something me and him share that no other person know off, it actually brought us closer together.

Are you for it or against it?

That I can not answer as it does not turn me off, so I am not against it, but its every persons own choice how he would like to spend his money, and his/her life, you only have one life in this life, so live it to the fullest and do what make you happy, that if you go to bed every night you can think back on the day and you know that if you die tonight you did what you love to do

Men wearing high heels in public, a "do" or a "don't"?

That would be nice, as then my hubby could have wear his without feeling out, and really could have enjoy the love of heals to the fullest

;-)

• Like 1