High heels collection

cjveritas

How many pairs of high heeled footwear?  

394 members have voted

1. 1. How many pairs of high heeled footwear?

• 1 to 5
    • 5 to 10
    • 10 to 20
    • 20 to 30
    • 30 to 50
    • more???

But johnnieheel, how about the closet space! My wife already has a closet and a half all taken up with heels! She has half of one of my closets filled with boots and part of the next with other heels! The pic is no longer accurate as mine have since been moved elsewhere! Then we're not counting her non-heel shoes!

Now, I had to claim the stairway to the attic as my fun closet but I'm going to have to put in better shelving, etc. as it is not working very well, with the clothes, etc. etc. Most of the boots are hanging from rods and the heels in cubbys. But the short boots don't fit in the cubbies and so on.

But then there are the ones in the car, in the den, in the other car, in the bin in the garage, under the bed, in the other closet, not counting the ones that don't fit and need to go to eBay........................

post-9697-133522854475_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

I have 15 pairs of high heels. 12 pair are feminine high heels. 2 pair are men's high heeled boots (3 inch heels) that I wear into work once a week for staff meeting. The other pair is a man's cowboy boot with a special built 3 1/2 inch heel.;)

• 2 months later...

I've about 45 pairs of heels comprising about 25 pairs of boots (thigh highs, knee highs and ankle high) and 20 pairs of pumps. Most, if not all, are black leather, 4 inches high and pointy toed. Will have to sit down and count them properly one day and eBay those which I don't want anymore.

i have about 45 pair. I am always buying more. This past weekend, I ALMOST bought a pair of Steve Madden black patent pumps, a pair of Guess red peeptoe pumps, and a pair of BCBGirls red peeptoe pumps. The line in the store was so long, and i was in a rush to get in touch with my landlord (rent time!!) so i could pay her, preferably, near the TJ Maxx store where i was at. Since TJ Maxx don't sell their shoes with the shoebox, i just didn't wanna have 3 pair of pumps in a bag, for her to see. She would never understand my "thing" for pumps. LOL Perhaps this weekend, i'll buy the three pair i saw last weekend. :roll:

• 1 month later...

Officially I have 142 pairs. This includes heels, boots and wedges. Add to this about 10 pairs of trainers and 10 pairs of flip flops and I probably have about 160 pairs in total. All 142 pairs are catalogued (!) and stored in my shoe room, the rest are in my wardrobe. Lol, I'm obsessed.

For a long time I only had about 4 pairs that were for strictly in-house wear only. Those are the more extreme 5"+ stiletto type heels. Since this past year I have started street heeling and for the most part do it fairly low key, I have expanded my collection to about 15 pairs. Most of the newer ones are unisex looking round toe with chunky/wedge 3-4" heels. Almost all of my collection are boots of some sort, with only one exception of loafer/mule type. I am excited that the wife has started venturing more into high heels since I have started street heeling, she used to only wear 2" or less, but has started wearing 3-4" heels this past year as well. :thumbsup:

Right now, as I only "re-started" buying them in March...7 pairs (all 4-6" stilettos). BUT, I KNOW by the time Christmas comes around, I'll own at least 40, especially when I start to incorperate new styles. If I were a women, I would be like Roz (doubtful as hot as she, but..) and own like hundreds of pairs.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Officially I have 142 pairs. This includes heels, boots and wedges.

Add to this about 10 pairs of trainers and 10 pairs of flip flops and I probably have about 160 pairs in total. All 142 pairs are catalogued (!) and stored in my shoe room, the rest are in my wardrobe.

Lol, I'm obsessed.

Obsessed , yes ! but it is so good !!! Any pics to share ?

ibl70

Last time i checked, i have over 50 pair. Lately, i've been buying 2 pair a month. I need to buy more boots, whether full shafted boots, or booties. I buy mostly thrift store pumps, and some from ebay, but sometimes i'll go to Macys or Dillards and pick up something there. Back in February, i went into Dillards and bought a pair of Jessica Simpson "Henri" pumps for $19 and some change. They are normally $70 shoes. Sometimes, especially in these slow, economic times, you can go find some pretty damn good deals in the malls, not to mention thrift stores.

Now I have 5 pair of heels 1 classic black 4" pumps 1 strappy black 4,5" sandals 1 grey 2" court shoes 1 black knee-high 5" stiletto boots 1 black 3" stacked heel boots I hope growing in the next future

It has gotten so bad that I believe that if I wore one pair of heels per day, it would take me two months to wear them all!!! These are sandals, pumps, and all kinds of (mostly) boots.

I realize it is time to start to cull and eBay the excess!!!

Ah, the entertainment of the shoe fetish...............

It's all about the heel!

i can definitely relate!! I KNOW i have more pairs of pumps than either of my two sisters. I probably have more pairs of pumps than any other female cousin, aunt, niece, etc. I cannot stop buying more, though. Every week, i see MORE that i want in stores, and on websites. One day, maybe i'll put former Philippines First Lady Imelda Marcos to shame. For those that don't know, she once had over 1000 pairs of shoes. :thumbsup:

i can definitely relate!! I KNOW i have more pairs of pumps than either of my two sisters. I probably have more pairs of pumps than any other female cousin, aunt, niece, etc. I cannot stop buying more, though. Every week, i see MORE that i want in stores, and on websites. One day, maybe i'll put former Philippines First Lady Imelda Marcos to shame. For those that don't know, she once had over 1000 pairs of shoes. :smile:

I'll also bet that the heels on your shoes are a lot taller than the heels on the shoes of your sisters, cousins, aunts, nieces, etc. :thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

you got that right!!! I don't have any 5" heeled pumps, but have some that are 4", and most of them are 3.5" to 4". I am going to buy some pumps with 5" heels soon. I had some at one time, but they were wearing out (i bought 'em used off ebay.) you know it's crazy when you've worn more women's shoes than any female relative of yours, and you are male. LOL

I have decided that since my collection is growing to over 100 pair of shoes that it is time to weed the collection. This is a very difficult process, but I tend to LOVE to buy shoes than simply just wind up with more than I can ever use. I love to WEAR them, but enough is enough. Also, I am trying to decide on what "look" I am going for and building a collection in that direction. I have about 25 pair of sandals that I may wear about 5 times a year, so my logic is that one or two pair is all I need. Also, I have about 10 pair of red shoes. I love them but they just aren't practical. Maybe one pair would work. In the end, a total collection of about a dozen pair is my goal. I see that many of you have collections about this size, while a lot are in the same boat as me- the close over flowith...but I think an economy of shoes is the best way to go. Maybe I will even wear them more if there are less...

Style is built from the ground up!

I have a thing for women. What heterosexual male doesn't? Of course, it can also be said that i have a thing for women's shoes. I love buying women's shoes, that women have owned, and 9 times out of 10, worn. I THINK that women have worn them. Perhaps someone just like us on this website donates their shoes to thrift stores and ebay, and perhaps, i am buying shoes that a man has owned and worn. What are the odds of that? The sellers of pumps i've bought from ebay have had female sounding names, but perhaps they were the wives of the men who have owned them. An interesting thought, wouldn't you all say? Nevertheless, i am a women's shoe nut. I always will be, and always will buy second-hand women's shoes, not knowing who has worn them.

I think I have about 30 pairs right now, all collected over the last 4 years or so. I've gotten rid of a couple pairs either because I'd lost interest or they really didn't fit that well. My ex-wife actually gave me a couple pairs of her shoes when we parted, because they actually fit me better. I've tried to keep the spending in check because I'll see a pair that looks really cool and realize they aren't that different from a pair I have, but sometimes just the experience of trying them on and buying them in the store is fun. I told my ex-wife if I start to approach the number that Imelda Marcos had, then I would start the 12-step program for high heel addicts. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I've got 10: 2 pairs of sandals (wedge 4 inch, and platform 4 inch) 4 pairs of ankle boots, black, brown and beige (haha for jazz fans) 1 pair of platform patent shoes 5 inch 1 pair of stripper sandals (pvc platform)!! 1 pair of stilettos black, poiny and 4 inch high 1 pair of knee high boots I only wear 3 pairs outside regularly.

• 2 weeks later...

Mickey says that I don't need any more heels as we don't have the space. When I suggest that she get rid of the many pairs of heels that she hasn't worn or can't wear anymore to get more space for mine, her answer is always "NO". Sounds like a woman, doesn't it? All for her and less for me and if she needs space, who do you think she comes to to ask to get more space??? Right you are. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 3 weeks later...

Mickey says that I don't need any more heels as we don't have the space. When I suggest that she get rid of the many pairs of heels that she hasn't worn or can't wear anymore to get more space for mine, her answer is always "NO". Sounds like a woman, doesn't it? All for her and less for me and if she needs space, who do you think she comes to to ask to get more space??? Right you are.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

There is a George Carlin routine whose centerpiece line is, "Move your ****, there's no room for my stuff." I used this in rebuttal to my SO for the first year we lived together. It seems to have got through. Not in reference to shoes, though; if she wanted to get pumps in every possible color, I would be completely in favor.

My collection: 2 pairs of knee-high spike-boots; 2 pairs of blade-heel knee-high boots, 7 pairs of open-back hh clogs (my favorite), 4 pairs of low-heel Mary Janes (one of which is backless), 4 pairs of hh pumps, 1 pair of hh toe-loop sandals, 1 pair open-back Harley-Davidson knock-offs that look like snoot-boots, 1 pair of cross-strapped hh sandals, 1 pair similar to "Lovely Pumps", 1 pair of open-back hush-puppies. one pair of low-cut sneakers.. Daily wear is unisex/guys' clogs. I couldn't begin to count how many pairs of those I have. (At least 40), going back to the 70's, when Mylon LeFerve (On the Road to Freedom) made them popular. I'm glad that Brian May (of Queen) still favors them.

• 1 year later...

Hello to all of you,

I am new and I thought this is the best way to introduce myself.

I have almost 75 pairs of high heeled shoes, from 4.5" to 7" without platform and all stilettos. No flat shoes except from one pair of trainers. Always trying to have more and higher heels!

Greetings to everyone...

Hello to all of you,

I am new and I thought this is the best way to introduce myself.

I have almost 75 pairs of high heeled shoes, from 4.5" to 7" without platform and all stilettos. No flat shoes except from one pair of trainers. Always trying to have more and higher heels!

Greetings to everyone...

That sounds like an impressive collection.!

Welcome to the Forum :)