Round or pointed toe high heels

Sarah G

I have to say I love both round- and pointy-toed shoes. Having said that, I'm not a big fan of pointy heels that have a slightly longer toe-box as they seem to make the foot look too long in proportion to the rest of the leg/body. Pointy shoes with a short toe-box look much sexier, in my opinion. Round-toed high heel shoes, I think, look extremely cute, and in that way look very sexy too - I think they are as sexy as pointy ones. The other style I'd like to mention are ALMOND-toed high heels. These have a slightly rounded point and always have a short toe-box. I think they are a perfect combination of both styles and, compared to pointy shoes, seem to portray a more casual/natural sexiness without making the wearer look like their trying too hard.

There's nothing like a good bit of Toe Cleavage!

Round-toe or almond-shaped for me every time. I don't mind seeing the girls in pointy toes, particularly in smaller shoe sizes. As the size gets larger though, the proportions somehow make the point look too elongated and artificial. That's why I never buy them for myself. At size 7-8 I just don't like the look of them. I had a couple of pairs of pointy-toe kneeboots once but I soon discarded them (this was the pre-Ebay days darnit!)

Always High-Heel Responsibly

i prefer the "slightly" rounded to. i do not like the shoes that look like they could store a canoe in the toe. wear what YOU like, not what others are wearing just because "it is the latest fasion" that does not mean it looks good. one request from, and may you can pass this along, don wear the pants that are so long we cant see those sexy feet! would love to pictures of what you have ( it may have already been posted, this is a long post) thanks for asking

• 3 years later...

Oh god I love girls in really high, really sharp, needle thin stilettos. My fav are pumps worn barefoot with toe cleavage. Haven't really got a preference about rounded or pointed toes, as long as those spikes are as sharp as you can handle. Seeing girls walking in heels, I'm not sure what it is, but I actually enjoy watching when they struggle just as much as a confident strut. Maybe it's the "what am I doing in these things...Jesus" expression on their cute faces as they scrape, click, grind and teeter along. The sound is just majestic!!! A while ago, I saw a pretty girl stack it in her stilettos at the station. I smiled on seeing her reaction of cute embarrassment. I hope she came out the next day in even higher ones and held her head high. James xx

A while ago, I saw a pretty girl stack it in her stilettos at the station.

Nicely alliterative, James, but what do you mean - in English, please?

She fell over.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

i find pointy toes more sexy and appealing than the rounded toe but when i say pointed i dont mean winkle pickers i mean pointed but with a slight curve to them

lol @ winkle pickers... had to look that term up.

I like from an almond toe to semi-pointed toe, but I agree with you, and will go as far as saying that shoes with exaggerated or extended points on them looks ridiculous in my opinion.

The extreme pointed toe seems to eliminat the desired "delicate" look that make a shoe look good. On the other hand a roended toe seems to eliminate that look of feminity. The "almond" toe with a rounded cut on the vamp with just a hint of toe cleavage is - well you just can't really put it into words.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

• 2 weeks later...