Round or pointed toe high heels

Sarah G

Hi all I placed this on the girls area as I was interested in what they have to say but I feel I would like to know what the boys think as well as the girls. I have noticed that the rounded toe style of high heels are back in fashion not that they ever went far away, I have a pair or two in the wardrobe, but I saw this gorgeous little pair of black patent high heels, round toe and had to buy them. While shopping I saw the same pair with a little platform and if I had enough money I would have had them too. My question to you all is which do you prefer and think look the sexier pointed or round toe. I love them both. Boys do you like to look at my high heels and how they make me walk, round toes or pointed. I would love to know how seeing a girl in really high heels affect you? Love Sarah G 8)

I can honestly say that it shouldn't really matter, but I do have a personal preference for a pointed toebox. As far as the second part is concerned, when I see a woman wearing very high heels, she has earned my admiration for wearing them, and my envy, since high stilettos are still considered to be for women only, and I have often wished it were different.

Fiddler1307 Thank you so much for your honesty I do understand the feelings high heel envoke, wearing them is such a delight, I think they should be for all if they choose to wear them but this is not a perfect world. Keep wearing them as I love to see others in heels. Sarah G

Hi all

I placed this on the girls area as I was interested in what they have to say but I feel I would like to know what the boys think as well as the girls.

I have noticed that the rounded toe style of high heels are back in fashion not that they ever went far away, I have a pair or two in the wardrobe, but I saw this gorgeous little pair of black patent high heels, round toe and had to buy them. While shopping I saw the same pair with a little platform and if I had enough money I would have had them too.

My question to you all is which do you prefer and think look the sexier pointed or round toe. I love them both.

Boys do you like to look at my high heels and how they make me walk, round toes or pointed.

I would love to know how seeing a girl in really high heels affect you?

Love Sarah G 8)

Hi sarah G,

My personal preference goes to the rounded toe, I think they are more sexier than the pointed toe. But again this is my opinion.

The platform high heels with rounded toes are my favourit, I have just bought a pair of ankle boots from pleaser, SKY 3000 and I love them.

What the wearer concernes, as fiddler, if I see a woman wearing them and she wears them with pride, I will admire her and her walk. As well some envy wishing I could wear them as well, maybe next to her...:boxing:

I wish we could see more of high heel wearers, maybe for us as well....

Love FL :unsure:

FoxyLady

Hi all,

...My question to you all is which do you prefer and think look the sexier pointed or round toe. I love them both.

Boys do you like to look at my high heels and how they make me walk, round toes or pointed.

I would love to know how seeing a girl in really high heels affect you?

Love Sarah G

Well, your question involves many points, so it will take some time to cover all the bases.

A] I personally think that the pointed toe heels look sexier than the round toe ones - open toed shoes excepted, of course. However, I have heard any number of women complain about their pointed toe shoes, and upon reflection of my own pointed toe silettoes, I'm inclined to agree. Perhaps the most telling complaint came from the mother of one of my friends who said, "The only thing these pointed toe shoes are good for is to kill a bug in a corner!":silly: After a good laugh I had to admit that she had a point. So all things considered, I have to admit that the round toe shoes are more sensible.

B] Do I like to look at your high heels? First of all, I assume that you are implying that the high heeled wearer knows how to walk in heels. The reason I bring this up is because I have seen many women who don't know how to wear and walk in heels. Believe me, few things are more pathetic to watch. 8) Nevertheless, few things are more fetching and exciting than a well heeled woman who knows how to carry herself.

C] Love to know how does seeing a girl in really high heels affect you? Well, there's an old saying that a woman is as old as she looks and a man isn't old until he quits looking.:unsure: To my mind, about the only thing more exciting than meeting a tall, well heeled woman is to come upon a tall, well dressed woman in heels climbing stairs ahead of me.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Hi Sarah I prefer pointed toes too. I love stiletto heels, and I don't think that any other toe shape really works with a spiked heel. That said, I think a chunkier heel looks better with an almond, round or chisel toe. I'd have to judge each shoe on its own merits, but in general stilettos and pointy toes get my vote. Women look very sexy walking in high heels as long as they can do it properly. In my opinion three inch heels walked in confidently are sexier than four inch heels staggered in. Chris ps welcome to the board! It's great to have female members, especially when they venture out of their own corner.

Hi Sarah; My fav. is round toe mj's with a stacked heel at least 4" or better. I don't know how many I own of the open side dOrsey style with a variety of heels but mostly stacked and some block which I have lost little interest in. I do own a variety of stilleto shoes but almost all have straps. I guess it depends on the mood I'm in but the baby doll look is a real turn on for me. Thanks.

real men wear heels

round toes for me, thank you. i prefer them as they are a more subtle appearance than pointed toes, and most of my maternal influences wore rounded toes when i was a child. i imagine many of us are drawn to something(s) that we saw women do when we children. these early childhood images become sexual triggers for a large portion of the male population. anyhow, rounded... r1g0r (still not my real name...)

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Hi Sarah, I think both have their place. The main thing as others have said is that the wearer is capable in any shoe worn. The round toe is quite groovy because the rounder toe is a more casual style and it is mixing the classical dressy style of high heel (pointed heel and pointed toe) with a casual style. It is different and a neat fun twist on the high heel shoe. The main thing for me is no platforms and a fine high stiletto heel. I like the womans forefoot (from the top of the toes up to the ankle) to be close to vertical meaning the heel is quite high. This look is very classy and you can't beat the style and demonstrated commitment to fashion that a capable wearer displays as they cruise on by. I have always checked out womens feet and shoes, in particular when the sound of the heels gives their presence away. I also scan the whole lower leg to toe...ie the whole look knee to toe. How well groomed a womens legs are is a good indicator to her commitment to shoes and style (in my opinion anyway). I wear heels 3 out of 5 days and I compare my heels with others I come across. Some days I go a bit overboard in an attempt to not be out-heeled, but its kind of like a quiet competition going on....I therefore understand what it takes to wear different heights and indeed styles of heels so I appreciate and admire skilled wearers more. The only down-side is it makes me more critical of poor attempts....and it creates a desire for me to buy more heels every time I see a groovy new shoe style. rgds Heel-Lover PS. I would avoid the platform styles as I find platform heels don't behave the same way - they lack the "feel" that a standard sole stiletto heeled shoe has, and as a result are not as comfortable to wear. rgds Heel-Lover

Boys, thank you so much for your great responses they were very interesting as you do not always know what the other sex think. I must say I think I do have a very elegant walk and would class myself as a woman who can walk well in really high heels. I owe this to a friend who once said to me, "once in high heel never rush just walk elegantly so everybody can watch" and I think it is true, and I have never looked back. Thank you again and I love you all and your heels Sarah G 8)

Great Sarah G! This thread is an example that boys don't (always) bite here in the HHPlace. It's great to see girls and guys chatting about the same subject the we all love. About your question primary question, these are my point of view: - Round toed pumps appears to me as "passion" or "in love" for the wearer. They remember shoes used by girls early in the school. The look of a rounded pump goes great with clothes with the same "information" as the shoe, like long skirts, loose pants and full covering shirts or dresses. - Pointed toed pumps means "sexy", "professional", "attitude". They are likely to be used with professional suits, short skirts, summer shirts and other more produced combinations. This is my point of view. I prefer pointed styles, they are nice to wear. I tried round toed shoes once and liked them as more comfortable, but I still prefer the challenge of pointed stilletos. But it's just me. A girl in rounded toed pumps can look great and attractive since the clothes match the style.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Hi!8) First of all, thank you Sarah for having brought this great thread also among us guys, and sorry if I brought the girls forum rules answering yesterday. Well, r1g0r you've touched a great pint, the childhood experiences. Particularly for men, memory of our mothers sign our lives. In my case I had no images of my mum wearing heels at all. Of course she wore and wears woman shoes, but not feminine ones. No heels, no patent, no pointy toebox, nothing of this, so in my case my passion for heels has surely come as need to fill a hole, an absence in my experience. Just my little story. Answering Sarah: A. As I wrote yesterday, I love both roundies and pointies. Lately more the first ones, better if in patent and perhaps (the utmost) with a little bow on in it. I think they're more feminine (also a bit sexier) and also greatly enhance the heel height, so another point for my preference. To wear well round toeboxes the foot must be small and slim, I can't stand some of my schoolmate gals wearing round-toe flatties with big feet, where you see the point all indented by the crushed toes. Blah! Points then are good in leather or suede, on every type of shoe. For Oxfords (<-) I think an intermediate shape is the best. Platforms? Absolutely no more than 1/2". B. Women must have taste to wear heels, to choose the style, the height and color for each situation. And must also know how walk in heels, as GNH wrote and explained. But I can't stand when a woman (in my case a gal friend of mine) complains about the heels hurting her feet. Here in Italy we have a proverb, "Who wants to be beautiful has to suffer a tad", and it says it all. So, as long as a woman doesn't throw back in your face the fact she's wearing heels to please you or for any else reason, she's welcome. Given this, I always like seeing women in heels, and yours are fantastic :unsure:. C. In a period in which high heels seem to be banished, a lot of admiration from me goes to the woman who deliberately goes against the (ugly) fashion of the moment, following her own style. If could, I'd hug every woman with more than 4" heels, paying compliments on how nice are her shoes and begging her to continue wearing heels. My humble opinions, Marcus PS: I'd be glad to see you posting here more frequently, heeled women are always welcome here!

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

Welcome aboard, Sarah! I hope you'll find the experience here to be satisfying. I for one have worn both rounded and pointed toed shoes, but I prefer the latter because of the styling and how they look on me, but you can't beat the former for sheer comfort which can't be discounted too. Take care and have a great day!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Sarah, Thanks for starting this interesting discussion thread, such a nice change. My preference is either pointed or almond shaped toe boxes, however, extreme points dont do it for me. I like to see a balance of proportions in the shoe and to have too much in front makes (IMHO) the shoe look wrong. Rounded looks too much like Dolly shoes. I love seeing women wearing the right outfit with heels. They don't have to be super high, just be able to move gracefully in them. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Hi Sarah I prefer pointed toes more. For me, pointed toes are sexier and look more feminine. I love seeing a girl wearing high heels, cause I find it very sexy, especially if it's some nice looking girl who knows how to walk in them.

Hi Sarah, I must say that I prefer the pointy ones to look at, but I also know that they are not the most practical to wear. The round toe ones are more comfortable to wear because they don't squash your toes in the same. As said before by other members, it is priviledge to watch a girl in extreme heels, and I have admiration for any girl who can master them. It's a pity us boys aren't allowed to play out in our pointy stilletoes.

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

It is scarcely surprising that many replies indicate that, whether or not the appearance of pointed toes is preferred, there is recognition that a more rounded toe is likely to be more comfortable and wearable. But then the same could always be said of flat or low heels versus high. Personally, I have always found pointed toes more delicate and elegant and to provide a better balance to a high thin heel (which visually shortens the foot). For the same reason, I definitely like sandals and open-toed shoes but only if they are really open. A peep toe is, to me, little more than a boring round-toed shoe with the end cut off! And a sling back adds further class to a pointed or open toe shoe. It's also interesting to see that, whilst more rounded toes are coming in for women (although not totally replacing points), men's shoes with at least moderately pointed toes have begun to appear in the UK shops. In the early 60s, very pointed shoes were commonplace for men, sometimes with a squared-off tip, and were worn by most of us. I welcome their current revival and, having tried some, find them more comfortable than their ancestors - they seem to be longer to allow for the point (as indeed are the women's styles). In fact, I find my usual size may be too large in a man's pointed toe shoe, but that is probably because my feet are fairly pointed too! Topman has some nice looking and comfortable pointed shoes and elastic-sided or zip-sided boots, but with 'normal' heels. Earlier this year, men were promised (threatened with?) cuban heels too and there are a few around, but nothing too exciting yet. Are you listening, Topman? For those who cannot or will not wear a women's shoe, a man's boot with a cuban heel and pointed toe offers a low-key means of 'joining in'. What do others think?

Hey Sarah, I have been an admirer of high heel pumps, especially when they were worn by some one who knew how to display them as they glided gracefully over the pathway or sitting in regal stature swaying the pumps with a gentle swing from a cross legged position. Most of the pumps that I have gazed upon were shaped with pointed toes, but they were not the execessively long pointed toes as the styles have been recently. Such a long length in the points take away the over all allure of the pump, because it seems awkward and more apt to be damaged. The rounded toe alludes to the shape of the toe box being an enclosed half circle. However shape of the rounded toes that stikes my fancy are more oval in appearance with the peak of the oval in the direction that a pointed toe would indicate. Like you, I can't really decide which one looks better or sexier. When the total styling of the pump makes the foot of the wearer and the shoe seem as though they were meant to be the picture of unity and elegance, that is the look I want to behold and become one with. Any girl that can do that has already won my heart, and under the right circumstances my head until I would be all consumed. A little dramatic, but you can fill in the lines from here.

Boys and Girls (Not many girls out here) It has been great to hear all your comments and lovely to know that the high heel is alive and well--I just love them. I only have 5 mins or so but I am going to post a new string which follows on from this one but deserves its own post. Great this chatting Thanks again Sarah G 8)

I love round toe box more - in my opinion thats more classy style especially when the heels is (extreme) high, but there are some exceptions... For everyday shoes especially with lower heels I do like and wear pointy heels too - I think them more fashionable, and in my opinion they match better to feminine-elegant outfits than rounded toebox does. but what absolutely do not like are the very long pointed toeboxes, think them ugly.

I prefer round toes over pointy ones, for the same reasons many have stated, make the foot look shorter, and look more classy and elegant.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I love them both altho I would have to see you walking in them to know really how much I like them :smile: But I don't like platforms. In general a nicely dressed woman wearing 5-6" high heels would have me eat in her hands... Cheers

• 2 months later...