Round toe or pointed

Sarah G

Hi girls I have noticed that the rounded toe style of high heels are back in fashion not that they ever went far away, I have a pair or two in the wardrobe, but I saw this gorgeous little pair of black patent high heels, round toe and had to buy them. While shopping I saw the same pair with a little platform and if I had enough money I would have had them too. My question to you girls is which do you prefer and think look the sexier pointed or round toe. I love them both. Love Sarah G 8)

I'm with Roxanne on this one. Not always the best option for my feet I know, but HH undoubtedly look better with the pointed toe in my humble opinion. All my shoes/boots have pointed toes apart from one single pair of knee boots(my interview boots) but they're not stiletto heels they're a block type heel.

pointed, pointed and pointed:thumbsup:. although i now - because of the fashion-trend - have 3 pairs of round ones, pointed looks much much better (or should i say sexier). especially when worn with jeans - pointed ones fit much better i think.

• 3 weeks later...

No doubt, pointed toe are more fashionable, especially high heel boots which i wear them often. However I do have few pair of round toes boots made of Gucci and Prada, they are more classic look and mature. Alicia

Boot me up, Boot me down

• 3 weeks later...

generally i agree that pointed are preferable but there are some very nice black patent round toes shoes around at the moment. i didn't like them when they first came out but they won me over and i have a couple of pairs now. they're quite cute and i actually think they look good with formal trousers. but then i am a bit of a fashion victim lol.

Many of my most attractive and classy shoes are not stilettos nor pointed toes. My lifestyle is rather active and wildly varied lending itself to a variety of styles and attire. I basically refuse to wear sandals, making them a non issue in my preferences. A nice wine colored T-strap pump with a sculptured very short semi-pointed toe and tapered HIGH stacked heel, for a casual Fall fun afternoon and evening party on the houseboat. A dark brown casual with a buckle strap across the round toe and a bold (not clunky) HIGH stacked heel for a day in Gatlinburg. A black pair of ankle boots with a semi-pointed toe and HIGH tapered solid heel, for riding ATV's thought the local foot hills of the mountains. A pair of black pumps with a very short pointed toe and very HIGH stiletto heels accented with an ankle strap, for an evening at a "Pops" or big band concert. I'm not a slave to fashion or trends. If I like it I'll buy it, if not, the store gets to keep it. :smile: The rediculously long pointed toe shoes in recent style are not for me. I believe with appropriate attire for a particular occasion, round toe, pointed toe, or in-between can be presented with a touch of class. Susan

Round toes all the way for me - I cant stand pointy toes, on me or anyone else. Takes away the appeal of heels for me completely, but im not sure why. They (pointed toes) look sort of businessy, like dominant women would wear them or something. I wish there were more round toes available without platforms at the moment :smile:

• 5 weeks later...

Definitely pointed, the original 'winkle-picker' type, which look truly elegant and stylish. Really hate some of the modern ultra-long points though. I like peep-toes and open toes too, but never rounded toes. Almond points can look nice if you want to look less forceful.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I love the round toes and I'm glad to see that they are popular again. I agree with the other girls; I like pointy, but not those super pointer ones. They look silly. A round toe pump for formal wear would not be correct, but for every other occassion, make mine round.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Um for me must be short pointy toes, on boots courts ect even tho some round toe shoes look nice i think the sexyness of a pointed shoe wins hands down. one thing i find with round toe heels is becase my feet are pointy shaped when wearing a round toe the toes just dont feel or look right and the round toe area creases where the empty area is.

shaz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Round toes every time. Pointed toes lengthen the foot and undo the shortening effect of very high heels. Round toes reduce the footprint and make a neater shape with all the emphasis on the heel and the arch of the foot. Why is it that these days it's almost impossible to find a nice round toe without an ugly platform stuck on the bottom?

I am going for the middle ground. I prefer a subtle point as they seem to fit my feet best and are more comfortable to wear than the rounded toe. Most of us have small feet and we don't want to exagerate them with some of these long toe boxes.

I love how sleek and feminine the pointed toes look as opposed to the "heaviness" of rounded toes. The only rounded teos that I own are two pairs of ballerina flats. E

I like pointed toes, but not in the extreme. Recently, I have purchased a number of "almond toe" pumps and have found them to be really comfy!

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

• 1 month later...

Pointy toes for me everytime :) I do prefer the shorter toes as opposed to the ultra long ones you can get and if they're low-cut so much the better ;) i love a little sexy toe cleavage!

I have always liked pointed toes, especially a slingback with toe cleavage. The only rounded shoes in my closet are plats with peep toes and ballerina flats. E