Confused on where to purchase and type of heels

NSX

As much as i've been a high heel lover for a while. I'm so very confused and lost when it comes to actually looking to buy one. I've read so many topics on this site, i just get more confused. hehe. @_@ I personally don't feel right in the public store buying this. Funny, I actually had a friend that had a heel fetish as well, he would always ask me to go with him to get our first pair of heels, but for some reason..I always declinded. Now I don't talk to him no more, and I wish I went with him long time ago. Oh well....hehe. I prefer to do this discreet on online websites. Which makes it harder for me, cause there are tons of sites out there. and not all of them have the "styles" i like. and the size! I do not know what size to get either. Oh I need help. :smile: I believe my shoe size is 11, not 100% if it's by US size, I'm looking at my Doc Martins. I'm located in the US, California to be exact. Can you guys please provide me with good web sites that has a wide array of heels that I can select from? As well as providing the correct sizes, and able to ship overseas, if located overseas. I also have a hard time decribing the type of Heels I like, there are so many out there. I mainly like the 1" or 1/2" platform 4"-5" stiletto heel, open toe sandals, that has some sort of strap. Not the ones that has like 20 or so straps. I really can't describe anymore. Help a newbie out. :grin: I really really appreciate all the help, and would love to finally own my first pair! Just got to hide from mommy. :grin:

There are plenty of websites in the URL section of the board, but I do recommend going to the shops and trying them first. I know this seems like a daunting task, but you'll be surprised just how little attention it draws. The sales staff want to sell you shoes, irrespective of colour,style or gender, and will normally bend over backwards (there have been some exceptions to this). Buying over the net can get you the style and size you require but can be fraught with dangers, long waits, incorrect order, wrong size and all these then take even longer to sort out. I know this doesn't sound much like help, but there really is no substitute for going into the shops. Try it. Plus if you're really stuck with a problem, such as you went in asked for a size, didn't try them on, got home and they were the wrong size, at least you can just pop down the shop again and exchange for the correct size :smile: far easier ! Use the "I bought them for my wife" excuse if you must. As for being a newbie, don't worry, we all started as one at sometime :grin:

If you wear a men's size 11 you will generally wear a size 13 in Americas lady sizes. Check out the links page. I will do some there. The above post is correct. Find a local store or one in the next town. I do not know where in southern California you live, but all the cities have fetish stores (LA has a zillion)like a lingurie stores. Order a Frederick's of Hollywood catalog. You can try them on in a dressing room usually. You won't be the first male to buy them. remember that store has been created to make money. Besides I think every male who wants to where high heels have the opportunity (if big enough city) and go try them on in person. Sort of a therapy of accepting yourself. Also if it is in a fetish store or atleast a "sexy lingurie store", the nice sales ladies will probably be very complimentary as to how great they look on you and how they make you look taller and slimmer and if you wear shorts in how much legs look when wearing heels. It is fun. In British sizing you would weare a size 11 a ladies shoe. They have larger sizes especially for men as not to many ladies who where a 13 buy heels that high that I have ever seen. Good luck! Renée

Now, the best way to determine your shoe size is try before you buy. It's also easer this way in the long run because if they don't fit you don't have to deal with the process of shipping them back, trying them on again and finding out that the other pair fitted better or don't like the shoe...ect.

Same thing buying them in the store, except that you might end up with a collection of shoes that don't fit taking up space just because you did not have the courage to tell the store clerk that the shoes don't fit. Also all that money you wasted you could halved bought more shoes. :smile: This happen to me only a couple of times but it was enough for me to try a couple of pairs of boots on before buying in the stores recently.

Let's see....You are a size 11 huh? Well I am a 11.5 US and my women's shoe size range from a 11W "wide" to a 14B "regular width" If you are sure about your regular men's foot size, pumps, stilettos...well let's say shoes with pointed toes, start with a women’s 13. If you are more like me with a 11.5 US some shoes are going to be a 14 women's.

If you go to a regular shoe store for a first timer it is quite difficult trying heels on in front of others. Most of these people have no clue that men wear high heels. This dose not help the situation any and does not build up your confidence. As a mater of fact it prolongs the issue in building your self confidence. But for now it seems that you are to be interested in more at "fetish" stiles at this time, going to a store and tring them where they carry such shoes, should not be a problem. The truth is they all ready know that men wear high heels. Take a look at the fallowing example.

Three four years ago me and my soon to be ex were at one place that sold stiletto heels, plats ect and lingerie. This stuff was not just for the women who wanted to please their man. But also carter to the stripers :grin: in the area as well. The women who was managing the store looked at me directly, and told me they went up to a size 15 women's.

Back then I may had a high heel shoe fetish, but I did not know what I know to day about the fact that I was not alone. Today I probably would go in there when they were not so busy and tried on a few to determine what size(s) I needed and maybe purchased a few pairs just to be nice, even though it's cheaper to shop on the net. But knowing sizes, and stiles helps alot when you compaire stuff on the web.

So if any body on this board is form California, maybe they can tell you where are the "fetish" stores you can go to. I remember that there are a few out there but since that's way out there for me, I did not save them. If I come across them again I will send them your way.

Now I wear a pair of sandals that are a size 12 but I also have courts in a 13. Also a pair of oxfords and thigh high boots that are 13 as well. But maybe they should halved been a 14 because my foot is a 11.5 US. But I think it just a width issue and need some stretching. There are high heels in wide width in large sizes but not many, and you are going to have to look for them but for you I would start with a 13.

Fit is important in a high heel you really don’t want your foot sliding around and smashing your foot up against the toe box. Sandals I am not to experienced in fit but obviously you don’t want your foot sliding forward as well. So it has to hold your foot in place with out squashing it. There is Jenny’s web sight on high heels and has a section on proper fit that I suggest you read. This is the best one for info on these kind of shoes.

http://193.251.60.36/jenny/wearing.htm

Wearing high heels in public.

If you want to you, can wear stilettos in public. But most of us think most men don’t fit into the stile of shoe is appropriate for a large maculate men to wear. On this board it has been largely agreed upon, that the best kind of high heel for men is the chunky heel , closed toe shoe, with a square or rounded toe box. “more maculate” With boots being the number one stile of choice. In my experience many stiles of these kind of shoes have plenty of toe room for a men’s foot because a lot of stiles extend the toe box for a (in my opinon) leaner look to the woman’s foot (to others it‘s gives it a clown effect).

I find that a 11 or 11 wide is the most common fitting size for me in a boot and other than Payless, it is the largest size most stores carry. (luckily me!!) Payless carries up to a 13 but after size 10 choices narrow down a lot and may not be carried in the stores. But some shoes I wear a 12 or 12 wide from Payless http://www.payless.com as well. If you have a regular width men’s foot, get the women’s wide width if you can. Even then most of the time you are going to need to stretch your shoes to accommodate the width of your foot but it is much less work. Many stores like Payless do mail order as well.

I can wear a women’s 12/ 12wide for the toe room. But I found that this size in some most cases that the back is lose, and this of course can cause blisters. If you have one that is a little lose than you can use some heel grips. This is a piece of foam that you can get at any store that carries foot accessory products. One side has an adhesive, and inserts in the back of you shoe filling the space between the shoe and ankle.

If you want to wear heels out side in public, for you I would start with a women’s 11 US with the rounded or square toe for boots. I hope this helps you by narrowing it down for you. But as you can see you are going to fit in to many sizes. Try before you buy, if you can.

Oh one other thing, buy leather if you can afford it. It easily stretches for a custom sung fit.

Pheeeeeeeeeeeeeew…… :sleeping: Nuf said!!!

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

With strappy sandals, you have to be careful with width because your foot could slip through so that your toes fall off the front!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.