Faith size 9

plasmaboy

I bought these for my Mrs on eBay.

Posted Image

Then my neice (who is 21 & 6¨1¨) said she had the same pair in a size 9 - i know shes a 9 as i have clocked her heels when she's visited. Can't find any trace of them on Faith website. Very dull as I would have loved some of these for me to sneak around in!!

However these are another pair of medium heels i got fer her:

Posted Image

From M&S. No size 9 and i must say they looked good when they arrived but after a few weeks of wear now look a bit sad.

My middle daughter wore these most of the summer (when she wasn't in wellie boots!!)

Posted Image

And they proved quite a hit. Despite her saying she doesn't like girlie shoes...

Posted Image

Then my neice (who is 21 & 6¨1¨) said she had the same pair in a size 9 - i know shes a 9 as i have clocked her heels when she's visited. Can't find any trace of them on Faith website. Very dull as I would have loved some of these for me to sneak around in!!

However these are another pair of medium heels i got fer her:

Posted Image

From M&S. No size 9 and i must say they looked good when they arrived but after a few weeks of wear now look a bit sad.

My middle daughter wore these most of the summer (when she wasn't in wellie boots!!)

Posted Image

And they proved quite a hit. Despite her saying she doesn't like girlie shoes...

Very nice but why do you have to sneak around?

real men wear heels

Posted Image

Hi Plasmaboy

If I remember rightly those Faith shoes were on sale last Autumn/Winter season. The size 9's sold out very quickly on the website. (I'm a size 9 and that is a style I like) Next have 2 similar styles, one all black and one black leather with wood platform in the range at the moment.

Regards Calv

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Faith, Dune, Topshop and most other shops use EU42 as Size 9, whereas Next & M&S EU42 is labelled as size 8. Next do EU43 as size 9. So go figure.

TB2.

As usual, the quoted size is merely a rough guide, I have Faith 9's that fit perfectly, yet I have bought Next's size 9's that I cant even get into, it really does depend upon the individual suppliers to the stores concerned, as for Faith, I have found that the Brazilian sourced shoes are more generously sized than the Chinese ones.

Heelium

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

Faith, Dune, Topshop and most other shops use EU42 as Size 9, whereas Next & M&S EU42 is labelled as size 8. Next do EU43 as size 9. So go figure.

TB2.

Hi TB2,

NEXT is offering nearly all shoes in UK 9. But never bigger. In my opinion the shoes from NEXT are more elegant than the shoes from Evans/Essence. Often the ESSENCE boots are made from manmade leather and besides I don't need boots with extreme wide shafts while the NEXT styles are much more fashionable and usually made from true leather with narrower shafts and a more elegant design.

My question: Is a NEXT UK 9 comparable with an ESSENCE UK 9? The ESSENCE styles are often a true EU 44 or 45. My size! Are the sizes of NEXT comparable with ESSENCE? And what is your opinion about the sizes of TOPSHOP - are they really only an EU 42?

I know - typically man made materials, but sometimes they have really nice styles!

Thanks for your answer in advance

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

@Micha, Sadly I dont think that many of 'Next' shoes will fit you, Evans (Essence) shoes are typically wide fitting, I wonder if Next's ideas size 9's is a marketing ploy (look at us-we stock size 9's), even their limited range of wide fitting 9's seem impossibly small to me, including their boots. Heelium

Well I work for Faith and the size 9's are pretty much what a size 9 should be.

Im a size 7 and everything is perfect size wise. Faith are pretty good with it!!

Hi Richard,

Faith is definately my favourite UK shoe shop-I want your job 8)

Heelium

Hi all. Just a casual glance over the offerings from Next made me drool, but also quake with frustration! There is no way I could squeeze my feet into their sizes, it's such a shame. I will definitely go along to Evans and take a look at their range next weekend though. Tosca

Still rainin' still dreamin'

Hi TB2,

NEXT is offering nearly all shoes in UK 9. But never bigger. In my opinion the shoes from NEXT are more elegant than the shoes from Evans/Essence. Often the ESSENCE boots are made from manmade leather and besides I don't need boots with extreme wide shafts while the NEXT styles are much more fashionable and usually made from true leather with narrower shafts and a more elegant design.

My question: Is a NEXT UK 9 comparable with an ESSENCE UK 9? The ESSENCE styles are often a true EU 44 or 45. My size! Are the sizes of NEXT comparable with ESSENCE? And what is your opinion about the sizes of TOPSHOP - are they really only an EU 42?

I know - typically man made materials, but sometimes they have really nice styles!

Thanks for your answer in advance

micha

Hi Micha,

I do agree with you concerning the style differences between Next and Evans.

To answer your question, and remember this is my opinion based on my foot size which is a EU43 medium guy width. NEXT EU43 are good length-wise, but tend to be a little narrow especially the court shoes. Pointy toeboxes are usually out unless long. If you're a regular guy EU43 size, then I would only go for round toe shoes & boots not pumps or points.

I have tried several Evans boots in the three styles (knee, ankle & shoeboot) and in all cases I have had to go down as size, so their EU43 size 9 flaps about on my foot and an 8 is perfect. It would appear to me that evans do generously sized shoes.

This is a difficult subject to address because each supplier to these shops have their ideas on what constitutes an EU43.

Topshop and most other shops seem to go with UK9 = EU42, its a simple number progression thing on the ladies scale, but this does not apply across the board as Tesco's EU42 is marked UK8 and I recently purchased a pair of plain black kneehigh 95mm high heel boots with leather uppers which shouldn't have fitted, but amazingly they did. For £20 I was very pleased.

Toodlepip for now.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

It would appear to me that evans do generously sized shoes.

I'd agree with that, my wife usually wears a UK7 but when she gets them from Evans they will fit me and I am UK8. Unfortunately she has now realised she can wear a 6UK from Evans which are just a little short for me.

I think mainly it's the extra width from evans which makes the difference though.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly