Behavioural Question

new_look

Ive been reading a few sections, catching up on the fact i havent had chance to visit a lot recently. The guys question is filling with topics and discussions which brought thoughts to my mind. We not have threads on 'girly heels' and wearing skirts with outfits and how we behave in a skirt ie crossing legs for modesty etc and yea the leg contest is a bit of a laugh. It just crossed my mind with some thoughts. Dont get me wrong im all for anyone doing what they please, and whatever anyone chooses to do i dont have an issue with it, however isnt wearing a skirt and saying cross your legs and keep your knees together (as i read in a post) making people behave like people see women do? And yeah some shoes with pretty bows and bright pink colours etc can be cute but IMHO are we not better letting the women decorate themselves with these and their outfits. And as i said i know it was for fun bit arent nearly all the pictures in the leg contest almost all full womens outfits skirts hose etc. I mean come on lads wheres the wearing heels as a man going these days in this guys section?? For me if im gonna wear heels, its cos i like how they feel and look etc, but i still wear them my own way as a man and behaving like one, and wear heels that can coorsinate with a mans outfit, and personally I think it would do us all a favour for widerspread acceptance if we werent trying to look and behave like women as well as wearing their shoes. what are everyones thoughts on this

You know they say great minds think alike.... This is exactly what I've been thinking.. The leg contest in the guys section looks more like most of the pictures came from actual women (I dont mean that in a good way either) what picture does this paint for the rest of us, who like you say new_look, just want to wear heels as guys....

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Ive been reading a few sections, catching up on the fact i havent had chance to visit a lot recently. The guys question is filling with topics and discussions which brought thoughts to my mind.

We not have threads on 'girly heels' and wearing skirts with outfits and how we behave in a skirt ie crossing legs for modesty etc and yea the leg contest is a bit of a laugh.

It just crossed my mind with some thoughts. Dont get me wrong im all for anyone doing what they please, and whatever anyone chooses to do i dont have an issue with it, however isnt wearing a skirt and saying cross your legs and keep your knees together (as i read in a post) making people behave like people see women do? And yeah some shoes with pretty bows and bright pink colours etc can be cute but IMHO are we not better letting the women decorate themselves with these and their outfits. And as i said i know it was for fun bit arent nearly all the pictures in the leg contest almost all full womens outfits skirts hose etc. I mean come on lads wheres the wearing heels as a man going these days in this guys section??

For me if im gonna wear heels, its cos i like how they feel and look etc, but i still wear them my own way as a man and behaving like one, and wear heels that can coorsinate with a mans outfit, and personally I think it would do us all a favour for widerspread acceptance if we werent trying to look and behave like women as well as wearing their shoes.

what are everyones thoughts on this

Hi New Look,

my answer is quite simple: I never cared if the posters are heterosexual guys or girls, lesbians, male gays, crossdressers, shemales or transsexuals.

All said already by others.

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Good points Richie and New_look... I have to agree...Are we advocating the freedom to wear heels as men who want to BE men in heels, or full-on crossdressing in an attempt to completely blur the gender line and/or present as women?? Now don't get me wrong here folks, the entries in the Guy's Legs contest are fantastic!! But I see a predominant theme of skirts, tights and beautilful heels that are rather overtly feminine. In all reality I can't distinguish which legs are men's and which may possibly be women's!! (With a few hairy exceptions :-) ) The point is it really brings to the forefront how far we're trying to blur the gender lines on this forum. That's not a bad thing mind you, but myself, I just prefer heels and women's marketed jeans (they really are SO much more comfy than the 'mens' jeans!!) I don't shave my legs or wear skirts in public (or around the house for that matter...) but I do agree that if you've got the cahones to do it, then go for it!! But are you being a man or trying to be a woman?? And does it really matter?? I would presume that a full body shot, including face and hair, would tell much more where the outfits are going but I also respect the desire to maintain a certain level of anonymity on the internet. Regardless, what is ACTUALLY being advocated here?? High heels for men in general or full fashion freedom to wear what we chose and still retain our masculine traits?? And how far can men go before crossing the line from only wearing heels to being a full-blown crossdresser?? Just my thoughts on this and please, keep the posts and pics coming!! It's great to not be alone in the world of "Otherly Fashion" :-) P.S. >>> I PROMISE to post a few pics eventually and hopefully, with my wife in them too!!

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

Simple answer to your interesting question...

...if you want to see legs you're going to get legs in skirts and other leg-revealing outfits...if you want to see how a guy's legs look in heels then you're going to have to be a little more specific...or exclusive

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/JSpikeheels/My%20Special%20Album/Wranglers%20and%20Boots-myself/30August07-Shopping%20Trip/?action=view&current=30Aug07OutfitForWeeklyShoppingTr-2.flv

JSpikeheels

To each his own. I really don't care how people here dress. The point is we all enjoy heels, and if it takes a dress or skirt for someone to enjoy there heels that much more then so be it. And regarding the leg contest. My pictures were posted simply because thats all I had to use. But if your going to have a leg contest, as mentioned before, it's pretty hard to show off ones legs in a pair of jeans that not only cover up one's legs but covers the majority of the heels too. I mean are we just suppose to guess what's peoples legs look like underneath those pants. Why don't we start the contest over and everyone can wear there heels with a pair of shorts. How stupid would that be.

Here is another thought I just had. Regarding the people who say they just want to wear heels as a man, that's great, I'm in that boat as well. But I also enjoy heels the "other" way. But why is it then that some of these same people not only have "girly" heels in their avatars, but they have girls legs in the "girly" heels in their avatars. Shouldn't the avatars be 100% male legs in heels across the board then.

First a note: the creater of this is not attacking the contest. Just using it as an example of his point. My view: I enjoy wearing womens clothes but have an exceptional fetish for heels and pantyhose. Some in this forum say paint your nails and ditch the hose. I say hose for all. This is a very specific forum but the way we all like to express ourselves is very different. I am extremely lucky to have a woman who finds it sexy when I wear hose and heels. Some of us can't bring ourselves to let anyone else know we like heels. I'll wear mine with anything, but not anywhere. It's still going to take a long time for this to be something the public can accept. So as far as being men wearing heels, I'm going to keep wearing mine in the closet. At least until Halloween!! 8):unsure:

Speaking as a tranny I have to say that to a certain extent I agree with both points of view! If I'm out in Jon mode I like to wear black or brown boots with chunkier heels but in Tara mode I like sandals with high stilettos in white or pink etc.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Well I've read all these posts so far and I suggested and asked opinions on rules for a leg contest for men only. Everyone that seemed interested in it agreed on the rules I suggested. I asked for help and Richie said I was on my own and so I went from there. I to by the way, am NOT into pink heels or any other artical inclueding hose, of womens clothing. Just heels either bare foot or thin mens socks and thats what I wear out all the time with mens jeans. I clearly stated that this would be for fun, F U N!!! and thats why I possed in pink heels and a pink mini but seems like every time someone tries to have a little fun, someone else comes along with issues and throws a wrench into it. We are all free to opinions and thats what is so great about this place but sometimes I believe we take things a little to serious. Relax, laugh, and let the good times roll and show your legs how ever you want. Thats just me.

real men wear heels

Hey guys, I had no intention to impose on ANYONE'S choices in ANY way. Please forgive if I have offended. As for FUN, I CERTAINLY understand that the Legs Contest is meant to be a fun event and hope it continues unencumbered. The point that I was making is that nearly every entry is rather feminine in it's overall appearance. And I am NOT advocating ANY rules to inhibit the contest so please don't take it that way!! PLEASE! The entries are all GREAT!! No doubt!!! It just shows that many of us here take our heels to a more feminine level than I originally thought. And that's just MY thought... One more thing...To those who have entered the legs contest, IMHO the ones with shaved legs or fully opaque tights look the best 8) To each their own and the more fun you have, the better!! I was just a little shocked by how feminine the images were from the guys, that's all. Didn't mean to stir up an argument...:unsure:

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

I dunno about anyone else, but with regards to the leg contest, I personally see it as a bit of a laugh. The photo I used would even convince me if I didn't know better, I find this quite worrying as a heterosexual male, but also very comical when I think of all the women ive dated and how many of them refused to wear a short skirt (or even a skirt at all) because they didn't like their shape. The leg contest shows in a very "in your face way" that its not about size and shape, its about confidence, its about what you wear and how you wear it.

I can see the point being made about the presentation of most of the legs competition entries, and did have the same thoughts RE: emulating women in a legs competiton. My wife suggested a skirt as I never wear them, or have a desire to wear skirts. For the competition as a bit of fun though, my wife said my legs would look better in a skirt (she hates the idea of me being in anything feminine even shoes with heels so figure this one for yourself) so for fun I wore one. My first pic was in shorts, my last one will probably be too, and I haven't shaved or worn tights etc. but those who did for this competition, good for them if that's what they want to do. My wife also made the point that was made in this thread, saying " Is it about showing off the legs or the rest of their wardrobe of womens clothes? I thought this was for men in to show their legs in high heels?" Yes this kind of thing concerns her that if the men here wear heels then go on to skirts, shaving, etc. etc. then will I be following their example? So I can see how this might look to others but still say why not? Everyone is unique, and this site has always catered to all tastes for people who love heels, before, but lately I do see a bit of a change in attitude, and it's maybe not for the best.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I believe the contest ended up like that is because most of the norm in men's fashion isn't really designed for showing off your legs: pants and even men shorts are usually too long to show off ones legs. If it was strictly a heels contest more of the entrees may be in pants or shorts.

i understand the points made and to expand on richies post can i just say i dont care what anoyone wants to do each to their own. the leg contest was fun and i wasnt trying to spoil it. If someone wants to wear a skirt or crossdress thats fine i have no issue My point was i as a guy i visit this section often to look how the blokes here go about wearing their heels as a guy in guy mode. (Kneehighs, Heel D been good examples of what i mean) To see how much closer men wearing heels are getting from where we are now, to getting accepted as another everyday fashion etc. And my original note was that as i visit to read up on these topics i see a hundred threads on what skirt to wear and what girly heels look good and as with the leg contest as an example the image of all wearing feminine attire and how to cross your legs and keep your knees together etc (female mannerisms). It seems the section of the board is steering away from guys wearing heels ....to guys trying to look and act like women do, which as richie says doesnt do much to promote a trendy man in heels image.

Once again, I asked for help on this and a course of rules to follow. No one suggested anything and all said go for it so I did. It's like if you don't vote, than don't have the right to voice. If you don't like whats going on with the leg contest than lets end it here or take a pole!!!!!!!

real men wear heels

Once again, I asked for help on this and a course of rules to follow. No one suggested anything and all said go for it so I did. It's like if you don't vote, than don't have the right to voice. If you don't like whats going on with the leg contest than lets end it here or take a pole!!!!!!!

John, please take a step back and a deep breath. Everyone loves the contest. He was just making an observation based on what he saw from the pictures. Thank you for creating the contest and we're all standing on our toes awaiting the outcome. 8):unsure:

I for one do not want to end the leg contest. It ws all suppose to be in fun people. The only reason me and many others posted the pics we did is because we felt that it would be the best way to show off our legs. And isn't that the whole purpose of the contest, to see who has the best legs. But otherwise I agree with the naysayers too. I am just a guy who happens to like heels. And if not for the contest all my other pics would definitely be just a man in heels. And Johnnie is right. he asked for help and no one stepped up. So anyone opposed or who does not like something can simply ignore certain threads and read or view the ones that they are interested in.

Ive been reading a few sections, catching up on the fact i havent had chance to visit a lot recently. The guys question is filling with topics and discussions which brought thoughts to my mind.

We not have threads on 'girly heels' and wearing skirts with outfits and how we behave in a skirt ie crossing legs for modesty etc and yea the leg contest is a bit of a laugh.

It just crossed my mind with some thoughts. Dont get me wrong im all for anyone doing what they please, and whatever anyone chooses to do i dont have an issue with it, however isnt wearing a skirt and saying cross your legs and keep your knees together (as i read in a post) making people behave like people see women do? And yeah some shoes with pretty bows and bright pink colours etc can be cute but IMHO are we not better letting the women decorate themselves with these and their outfits. And as i said i know it was for fun bit arent nearly all the pictures in the leg contest almost all full womens outfits skirts hose etc. I mean come on lads wheres the wearing heels as a man going these days in this guys section??

For me if im gonna wear heels, its cos i like how they feel and look etc, but i still wear them my own way as a man and behaving like one, and wear heels that can coorsinate with a mans outfit, and personally I think it would do us all a favour for widerspread acceptance if we werent trying to look and behave like women as well as wearing their shoes.

what are everyones thoughts on this

:thumbsup:I for one agree 100% with you. Wear heels as men, and to look like them too. Women can wear them if they want, in skirts et al.

Muddypaws:nervous:

I think the legs contest is fun. No matter how much you think there shouldn't be, there already is a "pre-conceived" notion or idea of what "legs" should look like when wearing high heels. So your man legs look like a woman's legs. What's the big deal. I'd much rather have them look feminine than looking like those of an elephants or ostrich. While I realize there wasn't any image "benchmark" established prior to commencement of the contest, I really believe that everyone entering (or viewing) had a very good idea what the "best looking legs" would look liked.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Johnie

When you asked me for any specific rules, all I said was "As long as it doesnt break any of the current website rules then go for it"

Its your competition, and therefore you can pretty much make it up as you go along. Nobody is complaining! Do you hear me complaining?

We are simply making observations based on what we are seeing being presented, and on how most of the guys all seem to be jumping into "Girl mode" along with showing the legs.

Out come all the skirts, pantyhose, leg shaving and even a wig? (Or that chevyblazers own hair?)

Sexuality has nothing to do with this so Micha's post was waaayyyyy off the mark but all we are doing here is expressing our opinion which we are all entitled to do as long as it isnt deliberatly offensive...

Were just pointing out what we see, were not mind readers and nobody knew it would turn out with almost every guy dressing like a girl (Not just showing there legs)

If you guys enjoy it then so be it, enjoy it, but please dont complain when other people have an opinion on what you do. You dont do it when walking down the street in your heels, so why do it here?

Or maybe we should all just say "Yeah it looks great" even if we think soomething looks odd?

Do you prefer people to be honest with you, or just say nothing regardless?

Guys, enjoy the competition, dress however makes you happy, I dont care what you wear, but we are all entitled to make of it what we will....

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Just got home from work. WOW! Thanks for all the support and comments. Just for the record, I to came here to show a man in man mode in heels and not in a skirt etc. To each his own. All points are well taken with an open mind so lets have some fun guy's.

real men wear heels