Do you play a musical instrument?

Renee

I can play some drums, bass guitar, just a hint of keyboards but overall I play guitar. And guitar effects of which I have tons. I even build some of them myself as you wouldn't believe the price some manufacturers dare to ask. I have about 11 electrical guitars, most of them Fender Stratocasters, which I think is one of the most beautiful instruments ever made. I have 3 amps, a Fender Twin Reverb, a Fender Vibrolux and a Marshall JCM-800 combo. I'd get me a Vox AC-30 if it weren't that they're literally backbreakers. I have 4 pedal boards full of effects pedals, enough pedals left to fill a fifth and enough 19" rack gear to fill a large tower. Oh, and a Line6 Pod XT Live which I use for home recording.

Whoa, that's an awful lot of legendary stuff. I envy you. I know little about guitars themselves, but I can recognize a Stratocaster without a problem. As for the amps - I've repaired some of them; working with solid state is nothing compared to tubes. The latter are hot and can give you a kick, if ya know what I mean :o.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

"If music be the food of love, play on" I love music more than anything else in life (including heels!). In terms of musical instruments I play I have a bit of a repetoire: Electric guitar Electric Bass Percussion (mostly auxillary and keyboard, not drumset) Steel Pan Fife Love to play all of them, but the ones I'm best at are definitely Guitar and Steel Pan. I've been playing pan for two years now at school and I really want to get my own, but they are expensive (around 3K). I currently play guitar on a Schecter Damien 6 (for the budgeted college student). Chorlini, you own 11 guitars?? I'm very jealous. yay music!

• 3 months later...

My ex-wife gave me the electric guitar I had started to learn guitar on for my birthday. It was hers, but I had mentioned I'd be interested in buying it from her if she would consider it. Instead, she surprised me by giving it to me. I had it repaired since it was missing a bushing on a tuner, the tone switch was flaky, and it had a couple of frets that buzzed. While it was in the shop I got a good deal on a Fender Vibro Champ amplifier, which is all-tube. Other than some minor electronic repair, the amp was in great shape. Sounds terrific with the electric guitar. I also got a magnetic pickup for my acoustic guitar, and that sounds great through the amp, especially with a little vibrato effect added in. Last night I pulled out my viola since I hadn't played it in a while, and found I can still play "Silent Night" on it. Funny how some things just stick with you even when you haven't done them in a while

• 7 months later...

Ronnie , This is geo. You say thata trap drum set is your best instrument. Did you ever play the drum set with boots or high heels on. Are you still playing today. I used to play drums with my girlfriend who loved to wear knee high boots while playing drums. We have since broken up. Now I am married now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've always been a kind of "black sheep" in a quite musical family -- my grandmother used to play in a local village band, father payed in an orchestra, wife, mother and brother were singing in high-level choirs, my uncle and his wife are also choir singers, their daughter is among the best Estonian choir conductors, their son plays quitars, etc. I've always felt that i'd like to express myself musically, just somehow never got so far as to start learning to play some instrument or singing. But its never too late to start, i guess. Have been thinking about guitar first. So, recently i went to visit my friend who just got a guitar and beginners studybook as birthday present. Tried it there -- even the simpliest finger positions felt almost impossible to my (computer keyboard typer's and former rock climber's) fingers, i was literally sweating by it after just half an hour :) So i'm not sure, is this normal for a beginner and requires some getting used to, or should i try some other instrument? Happy Heeling k6ps

k6ps, i think its mostly normal. When i picked up the guitar it felt impossible to get any chords. the notes I hit alright. Just keep trying. If you want to try another instrument though, go ahead. you need something you're comfortable with. I play guitar and am working on the accordion. the accordion is a beast to play! It's bigger than my torso so holding it is rather difficult.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Reading back through this thread I find there are enough members registering their ability to play musical instruments to form a cool band.....wow, just think a band where all of the members are wearing heels during their performances. The hardest part of working in a band like this wouldn't be deciding "what heels would you wear" but "what style of music do you think the band should play?" :wave::cry1::wave:

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I found something odd the other day that I really had not experienced before.. As I previously mentioned, I play guitar... For some reason I rarely play/practice in heels, but the other day I did practice in heels (just 2.5 heel cowboy boots)... I typically use what are called "jam tracks" played through my stereo.. Jam tracks are songs with the guitar parts and vocals removed which one can play along too.. It's like having a band to back you.. What I found was that I could feel the music vibrating through the floor so much more in heels which helped me keep time a little better.. With that in mind, I'm starting to think that there may have been a reason; other than looks or fashion, that many rock stars wear (or wore) heels...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

I play bass guitar in a gigging blues/rock band called Barrel House. Would love to wear my heels but the rest of the guys are decidedly shorter than I as it is and probably wouldn't appreciate me being even taller. Such is life. But I do wear em when practicing at home though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are there any girls who like to play drums?

i try, but its not my first instrument, i started playing keyboard when i was about six, guitar at about 12, and only started playing drums in the last year realy, but not that seriously i dont go for lessons or anything

• Like 1

I've played a washburn fretless bass guitar for some time, but i don't have a band now, music it's not an easy hobby to maintain in my city, i also have a peavey, but i don't use it as much (i love fretless and the peavey has frets).

I've always played in metal bands of different sorts and, if i you want to listen to what i consider the best band i've been in then go here http://www.myspace.com/mydesiresite i'm no longer a member, but i recorded the bass for the songs that are featured on the site.

1.Now or in past (high school)? A1: I play El-Drums now started 3months ago :blinkbigeyes: and also the Keytar. 2.If so what gear? (brand model etc...) A2: Drums - Roland TD-9kx without pedals (going to buy some soon but currently i play the double bass pedals with my left hand, easy enough) Keytar - Roland Ax-Synth. For my lead guitar effects, piano, strings, violin etc. 3.What style music? A3: Avant-Garde. I get my roots from melodic death metal / electric metal, feks early Sybreed. (Slave Design - Antares) 4. What instrament whould like to learn to play? A4: I've always wanted to play the guitar, but i suck. I've always been good on the piano so i thought if i get a keyboard it would go better, the drums was a suprise to me as i just suddonly bought the drum set and thought why not try. So far so good.

• 2 weeks later...