Do you play a musical instrument?

Renee

• 2 months later...

As a kid, I took piano lessons from my grandmother, who was a pianist. Started taking drum lessons in sixth grade. When I entered high school, my band director, who was a percussionist himself and had gone to Juilliard, suggested I play timpani when he found out I had absolute pitch. I went on to major in music in college and while I left the education field 20 years ago, I never put the timpani mallets away and am still timpanist of one of metro Denver's better orchestras. I also took up accordion in 1981 and accompany our folk dance group when we practice. Trust me - I'm a much better timpanist than accordionist. I own a pair of Slingerland timpani, Kent drum set that has been in the garage for eons and two accordions: a three-reed Bonvicini and a four-reed keyboard/five-reed bass Philharmonic. My first love is classical, which is what I play nowadays. Once a year, I play snare drum when I go back to either Homecoming or Alumni Band Day at my alma mater. Before I took up drums, I wanted to take oboe lessons because I've always loved the way that instrument sounds. My niece is currently taking oboe lessons.

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!

1.Now or in past (high school)?

2.If so what gear? (brand model etc...)

3.What style music?

4. What instrament whould like to learn to play?

I don't currently indulge myself in musical performance; I spend more time listening than, say, five years ago.

I've made acceptable passes at music with several instruments, with the most success coming via piano. I also do soundboard/digital music.

I play for all purposes. Especially contemporary rhythm & blues. I'm going for 35 (at least partially) produced tracks in the next three months.

I want to learn the violin.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

• 2 months later...

hiya, i'm a drummer, playing for a number of years & still playing today, love it !!! i play a sonor kit 6 shell, also use sabian & paiste cymbals ( 7 plus hi-hats ) we do a wide range of music inc reggae, rockabilly,blues rock,60s to 90s etc. hope thats answered your Q..

Now and past I play the Violin at this date that would be twenty-five years.

I still play the same one I learned on which was vintage when I got it, a Johann Georg Kessler full size with synthetic gut strings.

Classical though I would like to learn to fiddle on it.

I would like to learn the highland bag pipes I gues when your half Scottish (Campbell, Mc Gowen, Gamblin), Welsh and a little Irish it is just in the blood.

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

• 2 months later...

i play the radio too... but i always win... COS I GOT DA CONTROLS !!! i'm quite good playing brass.... but i dont like to play my own trumpet.... i always get hungry playing percussion.... just long for a drum roll.... tried to play the piano backwards.... always hit a bum note... it wasnt me on the mouth organ though... it was our monica... dabbled in the classics.... but was always chopin and changin.... tried the double bass.... couldnt find a partner.... then took up the organ.... got arrested.... then took up the cornet.... but the ice cream kept running down the sides... the taxman got on to me.... someone said i was on the fiddle.... so i took up conducting instead.... .......tickets please !!

i'd learn the bongos but i cant drum up the enthusiam.... had to play brass at school, couldnt play the trumpet voluntary... tried percussion, but got gonged out.... had a go at playing the saw, just wasnt cut out for it... the guitar? a real worry, fretted to much about it.... took up the harp, drank pints of the stuff, still no good.... oh well ,what goes rondo, comes round rondo.... and on that note, g'nite !!

• 3 weeks later...

I have played piano since I was 10 years old. I had lessons for about 6 years from a piano teacher at the local music school. At that time the focus was 100% on classical music, so I played Heller etudes, Clementi, Bach etc. After I stopped my lessons, I didn't play much for about 10 years. In the mean time my musical preference had changed into jazz, funk and latin music. I started taking lessons again from a jazz pianist, and attended some jazz workshops. Which turned out to be much more fun than playing alone! So I joined a band, and since than I have been playing jazz and funk with other people. Thanks to my classical lessons in the past, I was able to reach an acceptable level. Some years ago I had the chance to play church organ. Which was a new cool experience! I taught myself to play the pedals. But jazz + organ = Hammond. My dream came true to buy a Hammond C3 organ. Which I play at home only. Too heavy to carry on the road with the band........ And as you can see in the pic, I can even play the organ pedals in high heels!

post-1080-133522856926_thumb.jpg

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

• 2 weeks later...

I have played piano since I was 10 years old. I had lessons for about 6 years from a piano teacher at the local music school. At that time the focus was 100% on classical music, so I played Heller etudes, Clementi, Bach etc.

After I stopped my lessons, I didn't play much for about 10 years.

In the mean time my musical preference had changed into jazz, funk and latin music. I started taking lessons again from a jazz pianist, and attended some jazz workshops. Which turned out to be much more fun than playing alone! So I joined a band, and since than I have been playing jazz and funk with other people. Thanks to my classical lessons in the past, I was able to reach an acceptable level.

Some years ago I had the chance to play church organ. Which was a new cool experience! I taught myself to play the pedals. But jazz + organ = Hammond. My dream came true to buy a Hammond C3 organ. Which I play at home only. Too heavy to carry on the road with the band........

And as you can see in the pic, I can even play the organ pedals in high heels!

Great picture. I never played the piano in high heels. There's two things we have in common: high heels and Jazz. I love jazz. I could listen to it all day. I especially love the saxophone. David Sanbourne, Bony James, Gerald Albright, the late Stanley Turentine, just to name a few.

Well keep playing the organ and keep wearing those high heels!:roll:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I play every instrument known to man. Honestly. This is a list of Everything I own. Guitars: 1. 1973 Martin D12-18 12 String Acoustic 2. 2001 Fender 12 String Electric Acoustic 3. 1999 Countess 6 String Acoustic 4. Rogue Dreadnaught 6 String Acoustic 5. 1981 Epiphone Dual Neck 12 String top 6 String bottom Electric 6. 1977 Hormony Inc. 16 String Steel Guitar 7. 2007 Custom S101 6 String Dobro Brass Instruments: 1. Bach Trumpet 2. Yamaha 4 Valve Euphonium 3. Yamaha 4 Rotary valve French Horn 4. Bach Trombone Woodwind Instruments: 1. Yamaha Professional Grade Flute 2. Bach Oboe 3. 2 Bundy Alto Saxophones Other: 1. Casio 144 Key Electric Piano 2. Mississippi Co. Harmonica with Key Change button 3. Bach Electric Violin I played for 8 years in High School and Middle School bands, as well as sing in the church choir since age 11.

"Happiness comes from within, but if there is nothing within, you can never truly be happy." - Me

The Hammond organ is just a double layer keyboard with foot pedals aranged in the same array as a keyboard. It is a little more challenging, but I can play it. The Theremin is the instrument that was used to create the original Zelda main title Theme. I am a geek, I know. I have only had the opportunity to use one once, but it was definitely a learning experience. I never thought I would be playing an instrument I didn't have to touch, but there i was, making sounds with this thing and then I started to listen to what I was doing and before long I was playing the Zelda theme. All by ear of course.

"Happiness comes from within, but if there is nothing within, you can never truly be happy." - Me

Hi Mckailah - Theremin was a suprise to me. If you are musically talanted - you can't chance you nature. What kind of amplifiers and pedals you use with your guitars? I am planning to bye VOX DA15 for my Ibanez. It goes with everything you play at home.

How about musical saw http://www.sawlady.com/DifferentSaws.htm ?

My aunt husband (R.I.P) taught me to play normal saw. I handle it very poorly.

and bagpipe?

Almost every electic thing which power you can control can be an instrument. I have once played "Ach mein Herzliebes Jesulein" and "Finlandia hymn" with electic dildo.

I have once played "Ach mein Herzliebes Jesulein" and "Finlandia hymn" with electic dildo.

Wow, I hope it wasn't being used at the time. :o

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.