Girly Heels?

DDWW

I don't really see why it should be necesarry to wear a skirt, since most women don't wear skirts with their heels anyway. At least not around here. I think people look more when you're wearing them with jeans is that it's less obvious and they need to have a second look. If your wearing a skirt, the heels will be right in your face and there's no need for a second look.

Who has said that it's necessary for guys to wear a skirt? IMO your statement is a little bit unreflected. I have worn two or three times also a skirt in public. Because I'm convinced that guys have the good right to wear skirts. But it was never a duty for me. I'm wearing always what I like!

The best fashion is your own fashion!

i am the same way! I love wearing pink, purple, red, white, or any feminine color pumps. I love wearing pom-pom socks with pumps, or white socks with pink highlights and pumps. I am 100% heterosexual, and i am not gay or bi curious. I just don't see any reason to wear a masculine looking pump. It's nothing more than fantasy to wear girly ones. I like taking pics of me wearing my pumps in various "feminine" poses, like crossed legs, etc.

check a few of these out!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have always been a fan of very cute/feminine/girly styles of high heels. I'd love to be able to wear them out all the time under my regular jeans. Although I am very hesitant to be seen in public wearing obviously girly shoes, I am also reluctant to consider wearing more masculine, less obvious, women's styles (just for the sake of wearing high heels) too - they're just not the styles I want to wear.

I was wondering how many of you other guys wear girly styles (courts/pumps/mules/strappy sandals/etc.) out in public?

Do you wear them often?

What styles do you wear? (any pictures would be good)

Do you wear them with your regular clothes?

Do you get many adverse reactions?

Most (not that I have a problem with this) guys on this forum, as I can see based on the pictures posted here, wear the more 'butch' kind of high heels. There is mostly a preference for leather over other materials and mostly patent dark colours mostly black. Of these styles I like just about half.

I don't like ballets or pumps that go over 5" without a platform.

I just happen to like more 'girly'-styles. Platforms with prints in textile in different colours and different fabrics. I have a somewhat more 'romantic' passion on high heels.

Yep, save the socks for sneakers. Shave the legs or hide the leg hair with black or off-black sheer hose. Leg hair looks so out-of-place with good looking heels like those. Look sophisticated and fashionable. GWL

i am the same way! I love wearing pink, purple, red, white, or any feminine color pumps. I love wearing pom-pom socks with pumps, or white socks with pink highlights and pumps. I am 100% heterosexual, and i am not gay or bi curious. I just don't see any reason to wear a masculine looking pump. It's nothing more than fantasy to wear girly ones. I like taking pics of me wearing my pumps in various "feminine" poses, like crossed legs, etc.

check a few of these out!

I actually wouldn't mind the socks (they could be part of a quirky and eccentric fashion ensemble) if they didn't have the little pom pom ball on the heels....socks in heels were actually quite popular on the runways recently as evidenced by the following pictures from the Prada, Miu Miu, and Dries Van Noten shows:

post-486-133522845065_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522845068_thumb.jpg

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

This is a fascinating thread. I have been wearing heels for several years, but usually with long jeans covering at least part of the heel. Maybe there is something to the idea of wearing them with well business skirts. I have often suspected that people looked more at my long flaring jeans than at the shoes. I think that a great well coordinated look may trump the idea that it is a guy wearing heels. The opposite is true as well. Sometimes I am shocked at the poor taste that some women display in coordinating their style. I that case, heels or not, I dislike it. Maybe we guys just have to work a bit harder at being perfect in this respect.

Ok perhaps the socks are kinda loud, and as some said, the little pom-pom ball on the end is causing the distorted volume. I'll lose the socks, and take the pics WITHOUT the socks. The pumps are the Marc Fisher ones i got from Macy's. They don't sell that style anymore, and that's a shame, because i wanted the shoes in red patent, too.

Wow! I did not think there were so many of you here who likes wearing girly shoes. Reason, I say this is whenever a pic of a pump is posted, not many comments are made. But, when someone posts a pic of a pair of manly chunky boots, the responses are unbelievable lol. I for one, will only wear girly style shoes, otherwise, I may as well wear man shoes all the time. As for wearing them out, I have to be honest and say I dont think this will ever happen for me. I love wearing pumps, but only when I am at home. I dont think I can walk for too long in them anyway to go out in them anway lol.

I for one, will only wear girly style shoes, otherwise, I may as well wear man shoes all the time. As for wearing them out, I have to be honest and say I dont think this will ever happen for me. I love wearing pumps, but only when I am at home. I dont think I can walk for too long in them anyway to go out in them anway lol.

I've been out and about in public in pumps, including crowded malls and it's no big deal. If you find a style and fits good and feels good and has a comfortable heel height , you can go for hours with no problem. Speaking from experience, I'm perfectly comfortable in heels to four inches with no difficulty, even walking through large malls in my neck of the woods. I'm proof that wearing pumps in public can be done if it's done right. Don't shortchange yourself.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I have always been a fan of very cute/feminine/girly styles of high heels. I'd love to be able to wear them out all the time under my regular jeans. Although I am very hesitant to be seen in public wearing obviously girly shoes, I am also reluctant to consider wearing more masculine, less obvious, women's styles (just for the sake of wearing high heels) too - they're just not the styles I want to wear.

I was wondering how many of you other guys wear girly styles (courts/pumps/mules/strappy sandals/etc.) out in public?

Do you wear them often?

What styles do you wear? (any pictures would be good)

Do you wear them with your regular clothes?

Do you get many adverse reactions?

I like the girly heels. I only wear them inside. I prefer 5" to 6" heels and I like platforms. Doesn't matter the height of the platform, as long as there's a platform. I love the chunky heels, cone heels and wedge heels. Strappy, peeptoes, slides, etc. It doesn't matter. Black, clear and cork are my favs.

I like the girly heels. I only wear them inside. I prefer 5" to 6" heels and I like platforms. Doesn't matter the height of the platform, as long as there's a platform. I love the chunky heels, cone heels and wedge heels. Strappy, peeptoes, slides, etc. It doesn't matter. Black, clear and cork are my favs.

Hi JB,

at home in privacy I can wear everything! Fetish platform boots with 8'' heels, high heel sandalettes with thin straps, extreme patent pumps with metallic stiletto heels, peep toe pumps with pompons or flower decorations, ballet boots, pony boots and so on ... thats all crap for an alldays high heels wearing on the street. For guys as for girls!

In my opinion classical black, white rsp. red leather pumps and black, brown rsp. white boots with 4'' or 5'' high heels are always a good choice for the street. They may be pointy or with a rounded toe box, the actual fashion. The sole could be flat or with a low platform. Worn under flared jeans or with boots over skinny jeans. Is that girly?

If you say yes, I like wearing girly heels on the street. But I'm wearing outdoors also cowgirl boots and the classical platform styles. I always thought that block heels are not very girly.

PS I'm learning: the most girls here in Germany have worn during the summer sneakers and flip-flops. I'm recommending Doc Martins boots or combat boots from the "Bundeswehr" (our army) for the winter. They have so sexy broad girly 0.5'' heels. But only with nice flower decorations or pink pompons. There must be a difference between genders! I don't want to be attacked on the street as perverse pansy because of wearing the typical female adidas sneakers or even low heeled ladies boots:mecry:

This is a fascinating thread. I have been wearing heels for several years, but usually with long jeans covering at least part of the heel. Maybe there is something to the idea of wearing them with well business skirts. I have often suspected that people looked more at my long flaring jeans than at the shoes.

I think that a great well coordinated look may trump the idea that it is a guy wearing heels. The opposite is true as well. Sometimes I am shocked at the poor taste that some women display in coordinating their style. I that case, heels or not, I dislike it. Maybe we guys just have to work a bit harder at being perfect in this respect.

Hi Loveheel,

Skirts are do-able and are fun to wear! This is what I wore today.

Posted Image

Regards

Heel-Lover

Hi Elegant, I think you are right there. The pumps I wore matched my tie etc.. but several other people have told me I should have worn darker shoes, or they sort of implied the colour/ fabric was peculiar. I have several dark brown pairs I could have worn instead so next time I will go for those. But I do so like the pink shoes as well, maybe these should just go with a pink skirt? rgds Heel-Lover

Heel-Lover: I would agree with Elegant that you should've matched the black skirt with black shoes as that would give your outfit symmetry. Still, it looked very nice. Well done!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks all,

here is todays look....

Posted Image

cheers

Heel-Lover

I'm not a fan of jackets and ties but your outfit deserves a huge compliment 8)

PS Perfect combination of colours! Only the black in your face is too dark (*grin*). I like the colour of your pumps. After the dark jacket and the dark skirt there should be a counterpart to your rosé coloured tie.

Look, gentlemen, women can wear trousers, waistcoats, and male-looking suits. If Julie Andrews and Lisa Minelli can carry off the bowler hat and tuxedo look, why can't men do likewise with high heeled (girly) shoes? I have loads of pairs of heels in size 12. For me, they are not women's shoes. They are men's shoes that happen to resemble styles normally associated with women. Goodness me, this is the 21st century when same sex marriages no longer make font-page headlines. Gentlemen, let's get together in, say, London, or New York with and strut our stuff down Oxford Street or Broadway in our heels and never mind the derision from...other men. Have women ever been derided for wearing male garb, or costumnes normally associated with men? I have a beautiful female friend who wears masculine-looking shoes, so why can't we wear our heels in public and cock a snook at so-called convention?