Girly Heels?

DDWW

I have always been a fan of very cute/feminine/girly styles of high heels. I'd love to be able to wear them out all the time under my regular jeans. Although I am very hesitant to be seen in public wearing obviously girly shoes, I am also reluctant to consider wearing more masculine, less obvious, women's styles (just for the sake of wearing high heels) too - they're just not the styles I want to wear. I was wondering how many of you other guys wear girly styles (courts/pumps/mules/strappy sandals/etc.) out in public? Do you wear them often? What styles do you wear? (any pictures would be good) Do you wear them with your regular clothes? Do you get many adverse reactions?

There's nothing like a good bit of Toe Cleavage!

Hi

Up until now I've worn in public 2 high heeled boots which I would consider "girly".

The first pair have a square toe yet a 4 inch blade heel (1,2) . I also don't attempt to really hide the heel anymore since looking at people's reactions (if any which is usually the case) is funny. The blade heel looks thin while viewing it from the side and the noise the heel makes while walking is a dead giveaway. I try to wear them as much as possible although I've hardly worn my heels this past summer because I prefere high heeled boots and the weather was too warm.

The second pair are very "girly", pointed toe knee high stiletto boots (1,2)). I haven't worn them a lot in public since I wear them for more special occasions but I love them the most. Again, I don't really attempt to hide the heel since no one cares anyway.

Both of these boots are dress boots so I wear them either with nice trousers or jeans. Maybe someday I'll have the balls to wear them in public with a skirt since they look best with a skirt. I'd love to wear my new pair of stiletto pointed toe pumps I've ordered (once they arrive and hopefully fit)but I still have a confidence issue with wearing pumps and strappy sandals.

Read "Kneehighs" posts about his awesome adventures in his great looking Nine West stiletto pointed toe pumps. It seems he rarely gets any negative reactions from the babes he hangs around with. Lucky devil! Then again, he lives in NY.

I have always been a fan of very cute/feminine/girly styles of high heels. I'd love to be able to wear them out all the time under my regular jeans. Although I am very hesitant to be seen in public wearing obviously girly shoes, I am also reluctant to consider wearing more masculine, less obvious, women's styles (just for the sake of wearing high heels) too - they're just not the styles I want to wear.

I was wondering how many of you other guys wear girly styles (courts/pumps/mules/strappy sandals/etc.) out in public?

Do you wear them often?

What styles do you wear? (any pictures would be good)

Do you wear them with your regular clothes?

Do you get many adverse reactions?

That's an interesting question! Here my answer:

Do you wear them often?

No, but I do it sometimes. Never ashamed late in the night on a quiet parking site of the autobahn, always in the city 8)

What styles do you wear?

Pointy knee high boots with heels between 3.5 '' and 4.5''. But in summer also sandalettes. Mostly under jeans. On courageous days with boots over skinny jeans and on extremely courageous days (*g*) with a short jeans skirt, pantyhoses and a narrow top shirt :boxing:

Yes - but my regular clothes are often "girls jeans". For example flared jeans from Miss Sixty or drain pipe jeans. I'm wearing these styles also in regular work life and I'm sure that the most people have never realized that I'm wearing womens jeans!

Not really, but definitely more on thin heels than with block heels (i.e. high heeled cowboy boots). It's always again the same old story. Some macho immigrants have simply a problem with gays rsp. guys on high heels (every guy on high heels MUST be gay and gays are ILL) :unsure:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I was wondering how many of you other guys wear girly styles (courts/pumps/mules/strappy sandals/etc.) out in public?

I have worn all of these out in public, usually with long jeans. But long jeans really only provide cover when you stand still. As soon as you walk several inches of the heel is visible. I may get the occasional smile, but nothing adverse. Also lots of positive reactions. There is nothing like wearing strappy sandals with a thin heel in summer. It definitely is another level to wear these very "girly" shoes, as you describe them. But the interesting thing is that after having done it, I occasionally retreat to block heel boots (4 inch) and it makes me feel super comfortable going out in them, like it is nothing special. So I guess it is all in the mind after all

Just one tip: If you are going to wear sandals, make sure your feet look nice.

The solution's simple! Do what I do and go out in full female garb! No one really cares about your heels especially in London, Birmingham or Manchester- you can even get away with it in smaller cities too. But it's funny, people seem to care even less if you're a tranny, even a not very convincing one!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I’ve been writing about this in the Thigh Boots in Public thread for a long time.

Do you wear them often?

Several times a week.

Leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels.

Jeans, Shorts

Very few. Most of the time folks ignore what I’m wearing but I do get positive reactions.

I don’t think of my boots as girly boots. I like the way they look on me or I wouldn’t go out in public, as a guy, wearing them. (I have no problem with cross dressing, I just do it so poorly it isn’t worth the effort:penitent: ).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

The first pair have a square toe yet a 4 inch blade heel (1,2) .

Hey, they ain't girly for me at all! 8)

The second pair are very "girly", pointed toe knee high stiletto boots (1,2)). I haven't worn them a lot in public since I wear them for more special occasions but I love them the most. Again, I don't really attempt to hide the heel since no one cares anyway.

Although the heel itself is a bit too feminine for me, the rest is just about *perfect*. I'd definitely wear them if they had block/ cowboy heels, or thick spikes.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

I just took my first walk around the block in my 5.5" ankle strap pumps last night. Wearing long pants and no one around. For now I prefer it that way. Sure tired when I got back to my truck, it's a lot of work walking in them but even more fun. I'm glad I found this forum.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

I've worn pumps and stiletto-boots in very public places and for the most part reactions are limited to girls and women giggling and laughing. The most uncomfortable incident was in the London subway were a dutch couple sat across from me and was clearly mocking me to their daughter. They didn't even try to be discrete. On the more positive note, I had a couple of "nice shoes" thrown at me. Sarchastic or not, I'd prefer that to discomfort and gigling.

A really cool way to try wearing your heels out in public is to attend a heel meet with other members who do on a regular basis and other members who are also just starting to. The Annual World Heel Meet is in the UK, in London on Feb 16, 2008. Check out the threads in "real life meetings" and in the calendar section....let KneeHighs know if you're thinking of coming along. Also, if you're a ways out of London there is info on our special group hotel rate, we have a few members looking to split a room...if you're interested let us know and we'll connect you with them. So, we hope to enjoy heeling around the Miller Pub with you and also maybe you'll also join us for a shopping trip down Oxford St or Camden Town, etc? david & cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

I have always been a fan of very cute/feminine/girly styles of high heels. I'd love to be able to wear them out all the time under my regular jeans. Although I am very hesitant to be seen in public wearing obviously girly shoes, I am also reluctant to consider wearing more masculine, less obvious, women's styles (just for the sake of wearing high heels) too - they're just not the styles I want to wear.

Every single time I go out for a night on the town, I wear stiletto pumps. During the day it's different. If I plan on doing alot of walking, I wear round toe thick heels. If I don't plan on doing much walking, then I'll wear boots or pumps, depending on my mood.

Do you wear them often?

As often as I feel like it...everytime I go out...first dates included.

see my adventures thread for answers and pics.

I never think of any of my clothes as being "regular" unless its clothes for the office, in which case I still pay close attention to my conservative personal grooming.

I have had one or two negative reactions. One time I had a girl look at my stiletto pumps in a club. Her reaction was to slap me, as if she was slapping some machismo sense into me. She was from Long Island.

That's the worst reaction I've ever had though...another time I was sitting next to a blonde girl and our conversation was literally bubbling over with chemistry. One guy who pretended to be her friend walked right up to me, interrupted our conversation, and TOLD me, "Leave" as he pointed to the exit door.

i didn't go.

Then he came back again a second time and exclaimed, "I'M SERIOUS, LEAVE NOW".

It was obvious that he wanted me to leave because he saw a guy wearing stiletto pumps getting along with the girls that he perceived were part of his territory. To keep the peace, I got up from the booth that I was sitting at with the girl and moved about six steps away to another booth area.

How funny the conclusion was when the girl in question followed me to continue our conversation indicating, "I don't even know that guy"

Read "Kneehighs" posts about his awesome adventures in his great looking Nine West stiletto pointed toe pumps. It seems he rarely gets any negative reactions from the babes he hangs around with. Lucky devil! Then again, he lives in NY.

I just exploit opportunities as best as I can...and there a lot of them here. I'm sure many others here would be equally assertive as well if they too lived here.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

The solution's simple! Do what I do and go out in full female garb!

No one really cares about your heels especially in London, Birmingham or Manchester- you can even get away with it in smaller cities too. But it's funny, people seem to care even less if you're a tranny, even a not very convincing one!

I'm not overly convinced this is a good idea!!

Unless your going to a the gay village in Manchester or any other place to be honest, your going to attract unwanted attention.

I think the way forward is to introduce girly heels as a fashion accessory - right in peoples faces.

Trying to wear heels on the sly fails to raise public awareness.

I played a gig last night with nearly this outfit.

Posted Image

It was a different top and with black tights, but basically the same thing.

Not one word was said about the skirt, but everybody was interested in where I got the boots from - even the guys.

My advice is, wear what you want with total convidence - make a statement and nothing will be said.

You don't need permission from anybody to wear what you want, and what you contain in your underwear has no relation to what you wear on your feet.

Your a human being with the same rights and privilages as the next person, be it male or female!!

Jon

Never try to baptise a cat

I would have just tell that dickwad to get lost himself, & if he kept it up then I would have just flat-out decked him!!(of all the idiot nerve, to just come up to you like to cause trouble) I'll bet he had a few drinks under his belt too.

We will have to play Germany Micha.8)

I'm pretty sure you have a suitable audience outfit:beers:

Jon

Since our whole team is suffering from calf strains and foot injuries we will play with this reliable team from 1954. Be prepared!

Posted Image

Trainer Loew was endless furious about the secrete midnight heeling tours of our boys. As punishment he has ordered for the next weeks a special training on stiletto pumps.

During tv transmissions of sport events I'm wearing always my good old chucks

Posted Image

But in pink. This is a design study for the US soccer team. But with white canvas or yellow canvas combined with black rubber soles they are also suitable for our both national teams. What says David Beckham? Or is he lying at the moment also with a strain in a hospital?

micha (*the highest heels will win*)

PS these wonderful football boots are offering nearly endless possibilities for an elegant foul playing!

I was out on Friday in my usual 5" oxfords, the family had other activities so i went to a local restaurant. Mostly covered heels when standing or wlking stand out when seated, and the waitress was quick to notice, but I didn't say a thing this time to judge her reaction. What she did what address me differently - calling me "Hon" and "Honey" as if I were gay - I know a natural reaction... but as this was the first time a comment went that way, I was a little uncomfortable... I decided not to challenge, but I think I will strike up a "Oh you noticed the shoes?" conversation next time...

I'v been looking for those in a UK size 10 for ages.

I canne find em :boxing:

You are right. They were a hip style at the beginning of the new millenium. The original design was from Manolo Blahnik and they became a fashion runner when Jennifer Lopez was spotted with these boots. They were sold in boutiques and in the net for more than 400 US dollars. Today they are offered as a perfect copy in clearance sales for 29,99 euros. But never in a bigger size than US 10 8)

My pink ones are from Anne Michelle. I bought them two years ago from german Ebay in the very rare US size 11. Must be something like UK 9 rsp. a small EU 43. They are a little bit too narrow for my feet but for 40 euros they were a must for my high heels collection :unsure:

Do you wear them often?

Hi DDWW,

I wear girly heels all the time. I don't like wedges, platforms and chunky heels. I always go for stiletto heeled styles, mainly pumps/ slings/ d'orsays/ mules and sandals. I understand where you are coming from! I love the styles with detailed vamps, low cut vamps, I really like the styles to have a sexy profile to the shoe. I now only wear 6inch heights with no platform (actualy a couple of pairs have a 5mm platform). I have plenty of other heights but they are not as much fun to wear. Colours - I will go for glitters/ bright red and gold, classic styled pumps etc..I also have many pairs that are identical style but in different colours/ fabrics.

Every pair of my heels goes in to the shoe shop and has metal heels put on them and also toe plates at the front. I like them to clatter away.

I started wearing lower heels out and about under trousers etc.. and then I started wearing them with business atire, ie suits etc and I always tried to be classy - as in pair the heels to match the suit/ belt and/ or a tie.

After some time I noticed that people still noticed the heels - most likely due to my walking posture and the noise.

As my heels got higher and people still noticed I decided one day to say stuff-it and "show off the shoe" - everyone knows it is there!

Now when I wear my girly style heels I do so with my suits in business attire but I change my trousers for a skirt. I choose identical coloured pencil skirts that are knee height or mid thigh. If I wearing a peep toe pump etc I paint my toe nails a complimentary colour to my ties/ accessories.

I have been getting my legs waxed for 12 months now, because where possible I prefer the bare leg look - and I wear toes rings and an anklet.

You can't beat the feeling of strutting through the city CBD to get some lunch etc wearing skirt that is mid-thigh (you feel the lining of the skirt sliding up and across the upper back of your thigh with every step you take. The steps are shorter and I need to lead a little with my hips to get a good step due to heel height.

Interaction on the whole is ok - younger people may laugh (mainly the boys), otherwise it is ok or they just try to ignore it. If you are open with people - look at them and say high etc.. they usually start talking to you - more often than not about the shoes.

I travel a lot with work so I seldom do this in my own city.

I can't describe how empowering a feeling it is. It was nere racking to start with but once you are off - there is nowhere to go so you have to just hold your head up and go for it. The most important thing is confidence with any high heel shoes.

Hello Everyone:

For those of you who have joined us recently I invite you to initiate a "search: JSpikeheels' for posts and threads to become familiar with a bit of background to support this contribution...

As many of you know I have "semi-retired' to a part-time level of work on an 'on-call" basis so I have gained the flexibility to wear spikeheels when I choose. One of the arrangements I made with my wife is that I would do the food shopping to free her from the less than welcome task of giving up the time to walk the aisles at some supermarket.

Of course that is just the excuse I was looking for...

Posted Image

this is style: (Pleaser) Seduce 1014 in size 12 and I spent over four hours in them Thursday afternoon in a total of three different supermarkets shopping at where certain places had special prices for various items on my list. I started out in jeans with a 32 inch length at the first store-as pictured above- then took home the frozen foods from that part of the trip, put them in the freezer, redid the list and headed back out to the two other stores I wanted to "hit"...

I've gotten comfortable wearing stilettos in public and I wanted to raise the stakes just a bit more so I changed jeans into a 30 inch length pair so the stiletto would show more-and here is a look at the cuff with the 30 inch hem...

Posted Image

it can be an absolutely wonderful...completely emancipated feeling to realize that 99% of people around just go on with their lives oblivious to what is happening right before their eyes; there is secret pleasure, too, in watching people's reaction to seeing my spikeheels and discovering that the ones who may disapprove won't say a word and the ones who do approve can't rush up fast enough to tell you how much they support and admire them and share that " special secret " with someone who has that special feeling for our spikeheels like we do..

...and that was just one day's adventure...

...be encouraged to get out and express yourselves and satisfy that need for spikeheels that you have.....

JSpikeheels

Jim

"Girly Heels?" aren't they all? lol

JSpikeheels: Thanks for sharing your recent exploits. It certainly made for fascinating reading. I also must commend you on your boldness for wearing spike heeled boots in white, and in jeans that showed off a substantial amount of the boots. And you're right, the feeling of freedom, of being able to wear whatever you want, whenever you want is intoxicating. More power to you in future outings, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Dr. Shoe is very correct about wearing the clothes to match the heels. When I used to wear heels with my normal clothing people would always ask me if I was gay. I'm not. One day I was in a lingerie shop that sells heels in larger sizes and was mentioning this to the sales girl. She told me to wear a skirt with your heels and noone will say a word. I though she was off her rocker. I took one of my wifes dresses that I could wear and wore it with a pair of knee high 6 inch platform boots. Noone said a word. No make up no wig just womens clothing and high heels. I get the occasional giggle but more often than not I get compliments from the ladies and asked how I can walk in such high heels. I have gotten to the point that if I am out of town and noone knows me I will wear what I like when I like. This usually includes a pair of 6 inch or higher spike heels or ballet boots and a miniskirt with a blouse. Screw convention and enjoy yourself. I dress for my pleasure and noone elses.

right on, derf! thats just how I feel, screw "mormalcy" or convention as you put it, your only here on this planet for a very short time, so you have every right as I do to wear what you like, when you like where you like! I myself got some snickering from a jerk black kid with his girlfriend going into the library as I was going out when I was wearing my black platform sneakers (BOXER,from DEMONIA) & I was thinking only a immature idiot would giggle like he did, thinks its funny, showing his disrepect just because I choose to wear somthing different than he does.

Well, as someone who regularly wears pumps while out and about, all I havee to say is: who cares if they're "girly" shoes. All I care about is that I enjoy wearing such shoes, and that's enough for me!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

My preference is to wear closed toed pumps with high thin stiletto heels or with spiked or tapered heels for the heights under 1-3/4. If you consider this style girlish, then you have bought into the current social attitude. Just because society has classified the look for females, doesn't mean that is the way it should be or even has to be. The mere fact that so many straight males have confessed their desire to wear this style of footwear, continues to bare out the fallacy of the gender theory and the narrow-minded social rules. Furthermore, as a male, I want my stiletto heels to be functionally correct as possible, as well as pleasant to look at. The upper part of the stiletto heel needs to be mounted so that the whole area under the heel of the foot has the best support physically and cosmetically. Do not stick the stiletto onto the back of the pump or attached it in the area that seems to support the arch of the foot. Positioning the stiletto in the latter two areas increases the effort it takes to walk which tends to fatigue the foot and leg musles quicker, which leads to a greater risk of sprains and falling.

Dr. Shoe is very correct about wearing the clothes to match the heels. When I used to wear heels with my normal clothing people would always ask me if I was gay. I'm not. One day I was in a lingerie shop that sells heels in larger sizes and was mentioning this to the sales girl. She told me to wear a skirt with your heels and noone will say a word. I though she was off her rocker.

I took one of my wifes dresses that I could wear and wore it with a pair of knee high 6 inch platform boots. Noone said a word. No make up no wig just womens clothing and high heels. I get the occasional giggle but more often than not I get compliments from the ladies and asked how I can walk in such high heels.

I have gotten to the point that if I am out of town and noone knows me I will wear what I like when I like. This usually includes a pair of 6 inch or higher spike heels or ballet boots and a miniskirt with a blouse.

Screw convention and enjoy yourself. I dress for my pleasure and noone elses.

I don't really see why it should be necesarry to wear a skirt, since most women don't wear skirts with their heels anyway. At least not around here. I think people look more when you're wearing them with jeans is that it's less obvious and they need to have a second look. If your wearing a skirt, the heels will be right in your face and there's no need for a second look.