(long) Would like your advice on buying shoes for my wife

WobbleFan

Dear all,

About a year ago, I asked you help on how to pursuade my wife into wearing heels. (see http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/everybody/6014-help_my_wife_these_great_shoes.html) Although some of you got the impression I wanted the shoes to be worn, I just want my wife to wear high heels because she looks absolutely incredible in them. By the way, here are the shoes I discussed then:

http://www.fuss-schuhe.de/hhfc/images/PU-1919-2386-sw2.jpg

The good news is: somehow here attitude changed and half a year ago she purchased a pair of shoes with a 3.5" heel. I wrote about it in http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/everybody/7743-all_sudden_shes_wearing_heels.html. I don't have picture of them anymore, but the heel is like the one on the shoe below, but 3.5".

http://www.vanharen.nl/vanHaren/img/schuhe_produkte/1240140_pp.jpg

Now, in the light of this forum, it may not be spectacular, but to us, this is a serious high heeled shoe. The best news is, couple of nights ago, I asked her to try on the fantastic shoes on top of this posting and she agreed. She also agreed the shoes are wonderful, BUT she is in no way able to walk in them properly. The heel, which is 5" is absolutely way too high. And she did have a bit of an issue with the toe box, although the shoes fit very well. This may be caused by the high temperatures that day and the evening was getting rather late. The funny thing is that she doesn't seem to have any problems with wobbling. It's just the height.

So, now I'm thinking of buying her a pair of heels she'll be able to walk in. 8) I'm currently in doubt on these shoes:

Posted Image

Or these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The top picture shows pumps that have an 11cm (4.3") heel in her size. That may still be a little on the high side. And the style is little chunky too, I think. The good thing is, these won't stick out too much in the general style found in the streets. She is a bit consious on that.

The bottom two pictures show a very nice pair of shoes with a 10cm (4") heel. That's only 1cm (0.4") higher then the shoes she's bought herself. She should be able to walk in these, as she was able to walk in a pair of 4" sandels I bought her a long while ago, although she refused to wear them out.

I like the detail on the toe box rim and the general style of the shoe. These will be getting some more attention in the streets though. And the pointy toe box may give her the same issue with the high shoes. Though she didn't make a point of it.

Would do you think? I really like to pick the right shoe this time. Being over six feet with a great body, my wife looks absolutely amazing in heels.

I'd appreciate your advice.

WobbleFan

I get a question when I read your posting:

Are you buying shoes for your benefit or for hers? Meaning are you buying shoes you want to see her wearing or are you buying shoes she wants to wear? You mention some consciousness of her desire to wear shoes that "blend in" with the crowd, that is a very good thing.

You need to get a better idea of what she likes and keep her comfort level in mind -- both comfort in terms of shoes that feel good and comfort in terms of being confident and at ease with the image she projects. It sounds like you need to work on better communication between yourself and your wife -- maybe go shoe shopping with her?

Have a happy time!

A way to a mans heart is through his belly. if you are trying to move your relationship foreward, ask yourself if yoe are doing this for both of you or just you. i never push too hard. its not worth the loss. Have you told her what 'floats yer boat'? she might go along if she gets more attention from you, I dunno, I am not an expert, but be careful. in other words...... dont ask us, ask her, if you cant, then dont. Please, dont be another 'be careful with the wife' member. best wishes, Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

Again all these presumptions on my relationship, the amount of attention I give my wife, my intentions with the heels thing. I just asked your opinion on the type of shoe. If I wanted marriage counselling, I'd ask for it. Forget it. I'm outta here.

Again all these presumptions on my relationship, the amount of attention I give my wife, my intentions with the heels thing. I just asked your opinion on the type of shoe. If I wanted marriage counselling, I'd ask for it. Forget it. I'm outta here.

DAAANG!!! Chill man, we're your friends and just trying to help. Keep an open mind dude.

real men wear heels

Ah well, those of you that have been here before know where I was coming from. As for choice of shoe? why ask us, everybody here likes something different and there is not much to choose in the shoes below. if one was a wedge, one was a platform and one was a kitten heel, then maybe some debate? Yeh, sure, we all like heels here, but none of us want to hear an nother 'pushed her too hard story' now do you get it?

The angels have the phonebox.