High heel training facility @ home!

Tech

But what does the thread mill look like after some miles? The heel must be putting some really hard marks on it. Or maybe these are designed to withstand this sort of "abuse". *s*

Mine can take a 300 lb man with no prob. As for the stiletto heels, probably not to good on the belt.

real men wear heels

Does anybody know what is under the rubber matting of the treadmill? I would have thought there would be rollers, but that would make it impossible to walk on in heels. In the video it just looks flat, but there must be something preventing friction??

Does anybody know what is under the rubber matting of the treadmill?

I would have thought there would be rollers, but that would make it impossible to walk on in heels. In the video it just looks flat, but there must be something preventing friction??

The rubber mat is backed with a long-wear friction-reducing cloth that slides along a smooth steel plate on which you walk.

If you want to wear out the backing in a hurry, just walk on it with stillettos, which cause something like 150 times the psi. But that's not all. When you double the loading (psi), the wear factor goes up by around 3 to 5 times, so you're looking at a 10,000 mile treadmill belt being reduced to a 170 mile treadmill belt. Add to that the impact of a mercilously hard stiletto compared to a soft running shoe heel, and you might be lucky to 20 miles before major damage is done to the belt.

Some cheaper belts might be damaged nearly every step.

Not smart at all.

8) thats gonna depend on wether or not its a metal tap stiletto because plastic taps (most common) dont do any damnage for what iv seen...the psi load and what-not i'll agree with but i dout it will do any lasting damnage to the belt, unless they were metal taps, and if thats the case then use a chunky heel....

Im going to try this on our manual treadmill over the weekend lol

I wouldnt if I were you, manual treadmills require far greater force from your legs to get them moving and keep them going, plus they normally operate at more of an incline that the drive belt models.

If you dont break the machine, the machine WILL break you! (Eventually)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

. . . If you want to wear out the backing in a hurry, just walk on it with stillettos, which cause something like 150 times the psi. But that's not all. When you double the loading (psi), the wear factor goes up by around 3 to 5 times, so you're looking at a 10,000 mile treadmill belt being reduced to a 170 mile treadmill belt. Add to that the impact of a mercilously hard stiletto compared to a soft running shoe heel, and you might be lucky to 20 miles before major damage is done to the belt.

. . .

If I was going to try it, I'd do it in wedges with as wide a heel as possible and a flat sole from the ball of the foot to the heel. (Some wedge heels have a small lift at the heel itself or a scooped-out section under the arch.)

Have a happy time!

I wouldnt if I were you, manual treadmills require far greater force from your legs to get them moving and keep them going, plus they normally operate at more of an incline that the drive belt models.

If you dont break the machine, the machine WILL break you! (Eventually)

Noone uses the machine anymore. It just sits in the garage. I wont go straight into the 5" heels. Will do a test run in say 3" heel and if all goes well, will work on the 5". My worry is grip, as pumps dont usually have any LOL. If it works out, I will post a little video 8)

@Ben in Au - Not sure if you have seen any of my pics, im not a very heavy person and have been wearing heels for a while now, so I do have a little experience :unsure:

The rubber mat is backed with a long-wear friction-reducing cloth that slides along a smooth steel plate on which you walk.

If you want to wear out the backing in a hurry, just walk on it with stillettos, which cause something like 150 times the psi. But that's not all. When you double the loading (psi), the wear factor goes up by around 3 to 5 times, so you're looking at a 10,000 mile treadmill belt being reduced to a 170 mile treadmill belt. Add to that the impact of a mercilously hard stiletto compared to a soft running shoe heel, and you might be lucky to 20 miles before major damage is done to the belt.

Some cheaper belts might be damaged nearly every step.

Not smart at all.

Right you are! On one thread we calculated the loading on aircraft flooring and even for heels that presented 1/2 square inch the loading was incredible! Those really tiny heels are almost the equivilent of daggers.8) No belt is going to last long at that rate.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Let's get back to physics classes: The belt in those devices works with attrition between them and a hard surface under them. Between the belt and that surface, there's a kind of industrial vaseline to keep low attrition. Since: attrition = weight * attrition coefficient (considering an horizontal surface, or the part of the weight force in our case) The AREA of the heel doesn't matter for the equation, so, probably will not have problems with the belt at all. It's not a pressure problem, since the belt is made of rubber and the rubber works like a car tire, distributting all the weight through a wider area. That's what I think, do you have any other idea?

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Let's get back to physics classes:

...The AREA of the heel doesn't matter for the equation, so, probably will not have problems with the belt at all. It's not a pressure problem, since the belt is made of rubber and the rubber works like a car tire, distributting all the weight through a wider area.

That's what I think, do you have any other idea?

Yeah. Maybe those tires don't wear out on Brazilian highways, but our American tires sure do! Send me some of those Brazilian tires.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Yeah. Maybe those tires don't wear out on Brazilian highways, but our American tires sure do! Send me some of those Brazilian tires.

Since it's possible that you should be joking (as a Brazilian I don't have a good perception of when someone makes a really good hiden joke or ironism), what I wanted to say is that the belt will not wear out faster because of the type of the shoe you're wearing to walk in it.

In my case it will wear out faster because I'm a heavy man.

I almost forgot to remember you that Brazil is in America too. A little bit to the south, of course. Said that, brazilian tires are as American as the ones you have in your car in the US, or North America if you prefer so.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Since it's possible that you should be joking (as a Brazilian I don't have a good perception of when someone makes a really good hiden joke or ironism), what I wanted to say is that the belt will not wear out faster because of the type of the shoe you're wearing to walk in it.

In my case it will wear out faster because I'm a heavy man.

I almost forgot to remember you that Brazil is in America too. A little bit to the south, of course. Said that, brazilian tires are as American as the ones you have in your car in the US, or North America if you prefer so.

Sorry about that. I forgot that irony and humor doesn't always translate well across different cultural lines. But yes, I was trying to make a joke!:boxing:

But the bottom line is that both the tires and the belts will wear out. However, I believe that the enormous force that a high heeled shoe is capable of concentrating on any surface will cause it to wear much faster. As I mentioned before, the actual figures for loading aircraft flooring were worked out on one of the previous threads here. Even though I have built some of the biggest airplanes in the world, I was absolutely astonished to see the math on this thing! So the concept of a high-heeled shoe being able to destroy aircraft floors literally blew me away! :unsure:8)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels