Ballet boots and sizing

pvdl1984

Hi, I'm planning to buy my first pair of ballet boots.

I was thinking of this ones:

http://www.sub-shop.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4348

My problem is: I don't know which size to get. How to calculate my size? And

Another question: The width of ladies shoes are very small (my girlfriend has this problem with normal heel shoes). Will these fit me (I'm a male)?

And my last question: What to wear in these ballet boots? I think my normal socks are to thick, and wearing nothing will be uncomfortable I think.

Looks like they use the US Womens sizing system. Start with the size you normally wear in whatever sizing system you are accustomed to and use their chart here to convert to US Womens. They say to order one size larger for heels over 5" and you are definitely in that category with ballets. Take that advice under consideration, it is offered in many places and I cannot vouch for its accuracy.

More importantly, look at their returns policy: "Due to the personal nature of the items I carry, I cannot accept returns on merchandise for any reason other than defect." That's a direct quote from their Website. Based on that alone, if I were you I would find another source for these boots -- one that will allow you to return them and order a different size if they don't fit.

Have a happy time!

I'll throw my bit in since I have recent experience. I have very wide feet and wear b/w 11 and 12 in us men's shoes. I bought the Devious 15's off of amazon -- cheapest price I've found -- and they're a LITTLE snug but overall the fit is great. I don't like wearing them without socks so I started wearing thin ones but then I ran into the idea of wearing thicker socks but rolling them down so there was more cushion in the toe of the boot and that worked really well.

. . . For the shop: this sin't the shop which I will order, but I choose this link, because this site is in english.

Ah, I see.

I'm not saying anything bad about the shop you mentioned, I really have no experience with them. In fact I had never heard of them until I followed your link.

But do check the returns policy wherever you decide to order. You are buying an item where fit is rather critical and it may take a couple of tries before you get something suitable.

Have a happy time!

I readed on the internet it's a good shop. But the shop I (maybe) will buy them in located in my country(the netherlands). There are rules here which makes the return of object you've bought on the internet possible, at least if you don't have worn them, and aren't custom made, and some other exceptions.

then you should avoid standing on your toes before you are sure the boots really fit. cuz otherwise these ballets get very soon a worn-lout look at the toes.