Posting now by registered users only

Firefox

Due to misuse of the guest posting, the forums have been changed so only registered users can post. Note that this comment does not apply to any guest users whose posts remain, The guest users we're talking about have had their posts removed, so don't think it was something you did, if you're one of our regular guest users of the type we encourage. If your posts are still here, you're in the clear. We're sorry to have to do this, but often a few spoil things for the many and this was the case here. Guest users can still post in this welcome forum for the time being, but that will be closed as well if it is misused.

I would like to add, if I may, that we really feel we have a greater sense of community when we all have a name and an icon. We are people who share a common interest, even if there are many areas to it. I like that sense of community and I would urge anyone who has always felt that registering was not worth it to do so, and to give yuorself a name and a proper voice in our community. We're only looking for acceptance, and you know that we will accept you. No one here is judged for liking heels, in fact, we're all understood just a bit more because of it.

Great! There was one that was a bit unnappropriate as you saw. I am not easily shocked, but I was by that title. I did not even check it out. I do not know much about computers, but looked like that stuff they call "spam". I never understood why they call it that. I have not eaten it in years, but if one is into salt and grease it is tops. Ooooo! I adore my "2 1/2 inch kitten heel mules with the mary jane strap". (((They look like they are satin also.))) Renee

Firefox; I like the idea that you have limited posting in nearly all the forums to registered members. And I like the idea about making this particular forum available to all posters. However, visitors, and potential new members must be made aware of their ability to post here since they may not be familiar with navigating this site. Could you please post something easily seen on the welcome page to this effect? Maybe a button or link labelled ATTENTION VISITORS AND NON-MEMBERS. PJ

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Great! There was one that was a bit unnappropriate as you saw. I am not easily shocked, but I was by that title. I did not even check it out.

What is actually all the fuzz about? Did someone make a totally inappropriate post? At least I missed it.

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

we really feel we have a greater sense of community when we all have a name and an icon.

Yes, why be anonymous, when you can make yourself noticed? Guests can look alright, but it is good to read posts from people with a familiar charcter :smile:

Well done, this renovation!

HH forever!

I'd actually like to have anon posting. Many people still distrust or don't understand how the net works. They can't appreciate what we do know and what we don't know about people who come here. I want to give a voice to those people who, to lack of such knowledge, feel safer using guest postings. But the various abusers of guest posting have enforced the removal of that facility. What a shame there has to be people of such a persuasion.

I agree, I for one don't understand how the net works and what info is held. More importantly how secure that info is. So I can see some people would like to post anonymously but everyone here should be able to express their views freely, without being offensive to anyone. If this is abused then steps must be taken to stop it. Sadly as you say Firefox this means the loss of the guest posting facility for everyone.

If we were all honest people, then we'd never have to fear anything with regards to information being stolen. We run the board in that way, honest and open, but some of our visitors might not be, and that causes our potential members to feel that the internet can be a predatory place. But by forcing people to register, we can then ensure that the bad element does not go around under a mask of anonymity. Freedom is precious, and must be balanced in some way to ensure it remains. Otherwise, it degenerates into anarchy. That's so not cool. :smile:

Ok.......here is my two cents :smile: This was a good idea to limit access from those who abuse the system. But.... What about those who just want to leave a URL/add or something like that in the Marketplace? Is it necessary for them to register? I think this would clutter up the members list needlessly. As I can see that we have a lot of people who have not posted yet. Do we know for sure that they are all members or just those who wanted to leave an URL/advertisement behind? If the URL/advertisement does not meet the board guide lines, how about it is either moved to where it should be or deleted? Any way leaving the guest section open was a good idea. Closing the board to unregistered guests from participating, is not. This might leave the wrong impression to new comers and not even bother to give us a chance. Being a member gives you the privilege to full access to all discussions but something has to get people to take interest in us as well to get them to register. They got to have some where to have their say. Being open about our selves is what part of this board is about. This alone may have been what has gotten many people to eventually post and register. Yes...being open also means that once in awhile that we may end up taking a swipe at our bellies and bleed a little. But we don't have to take an butt whooping either.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

This is a no win situation. Personally I applaud the moderaters for trying to keep the board to the higher standards it was intended for. However I have to agree with Hoverfly in that new interested persons will be pushed away by the "forced" registration, particularly the women. In some recent efforts to correct computer problems in my participation as a registered user I was surprised to learn the amount of information stored about me and my computer. That's just a part of using the internet I suppose. I'm not much to joining clubs or such things. To the best interest of the site and its participants I respect the decisions of the owner and moderaters. Unless the glitch that still prevents my posting as a registered user on the other topic lists can be corrected, my participation affectively has ended. Firefox and Jeff have worked at it but we can't find the problem. Best wishes to everyone Susan

• 9 months later...

Hello heel lovers It sure is nice to have a web for HH lovers, I"am 59 yrs young and a lover of stiletto heels for 50+yrs,and still wear 4"&5" spikes.I am stiraight I think,6ft,200lbs,size 12 us ladies I have only dressed my bottom half totally female and now and then the top half female,if the ladies wanted me to.I was no threat to them by wanting to fully dress up all the time, and the reasons we broke up were not caused by dressing.I am just new to the computtttter and still have time getting around I"ve spent the last few reading all the forums in this website,and found them to be excellant , to bad i did"nt have in my younger years, there would be more people out the closet by now. d"nt mind my spelling as I get the wrong keys now then . MORE POWER TO HEELS

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Firefox & Laurieheels, My compliments for doing a fine job on moderating this site. You have earned my full appreciation. I also agree with your actions and that this builds a stronger sense of community and.... some accountability for those that do post. People certainly have different points of view and can share that. I have no problem with the removal of un-appropriate posts. A bit of civility never hurt anybody! Lee