ballet heels - will they appear near you?

ChipsHH

I can't imagine ballets ever becoming truly mainstream, just because the majority of people won't put the effort into learning to walk into them. I mean, ok, a lot of girls wear heels,

It's fine with me though- I'm looking forward to being the centre of asttention when I'm comfortable enough in mine to wear them out!!

I agree. Of course, the other element to this is the fact that they always have been, and probably always will be, associated with 'fetish'...and in many un-informed people's minds, fetish means sexual deviance. Wrong of course.

However, there's no getting away from the fact that a Ballet Heel is an extreme high heeled shoe (or boot of course), based around the original concept of a flat shoe designed for highly skilled and artistic dancing. The attraction is probably because of the extreme opposite nature of the style.

Of course, the other thing that will restrict their universal appeal, is the fact that they are so b****y high and difficult to walk in!:)

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Simply great. I took the Bull by the horn a year ago and went to a local store to buy some coffee it was a rush. Since I modified my boots I haven't been out in public as I need to get better at walking in them. I have made them more difficult to walk in. This probiblly was a mistake but I hope I can master this new challenge if not I'll buy another pair and keep them original. Dr Who 3