Follow on from yesterdays Liz Hurley story in Daily Mail

Richy

You lot obviously don't read the decent papers. Opened page three today, to be hit by another young lady in ballet shoes, doing a follow up to yesterday's story and concentrating solely on the shoes. Six Inch stilettos, you're welcome to them, Liz Throughout the ages women have endured agonies in the name of fashion. Rib-crunching corsets, itchy wigs, and make-up that gave them lead poisoning were just a few of the self-inflicted tortures. But Liz Huley's decision to wedge her perfect pinkies into a pair of 6in stilettos for a photoshoot is up there with the craziest of them. I know, because I followed in her footsteps. Trying out the £180 black PVC shoes was not a happy experience. Mere discomfort has never put me off in the past. I wore denims two sizes too small when skintight jeans were in vogue, and a flirtation with weighty gold ear-rings during my early teens threatened to leave craters the size of Mars in my earlobes. But nothing came within a whisker of the pain inflicted by the "fetish" shoes. Even the sight of them brought gasps of anxiety from colleagues. Close up, they look like black ballet pumps that have been impaled on park railings. It occured to me that they'd make nice bookends. The thought of me trying them on made me queasy - and the physical effort involved in wedging your foot into them is miserable indeed. Although they were meant to be my size (a six), they nipped in all the wrong places.Just sitting down in them was a feat, for the shoes place the heel and toes at a quite extraordinary 90-degree angle from the floor. Standing was nigh on impossible. I had to be levered upright by colleagues, and could stay there unsupported for a maximim of 10 seconds. Once aloft the sensation is akin to wedging an icicle into your heel and trying to perform Swan Lake. All the pressure is on your toes, and it is excruciatingly painful, not to mention dangerous. Tilt by a whisker and you risk an ankle twisting tumble. Even the faintest breeze is a dangerous enemy. Of course, these shoes are not designed for comfort, nor for practicality. Ace Ace Kritikos of the Little Shoe Box, the North London shop which provided them for Hurley says: "These are the type of shoes people order for the boudoir, not to go shopping." Even wearing them to bed seems to me an unnecessary ordeal, but the idea is to transform your oins into a pair any supermodel would be envy. Looking at Liz, you'd say they did just that. In my case, the involuntary muscle spasm that accompanied any attempt to stand rather detracted from the glamour. Let's face it, violently shaking kneecaps are never a good look. Stepping out in these shoes is, of course, impossible. I didn't even try. Instead, I lurched onto a stool and tentatively lowered myself to the floor, swearing under my breath all the while. Liz, we are told, did nothing of the sort. She has gone up in my estimation, although it is only fair to point out that she did allow a pair of strategically placed gymnastic hoists to take some of the strain. Nonetheless, she behaved like a true professional, resolutely cheerful throughout the two day shoot. Three minutes in, and I was wailing like a baby. The prospect of two days in those murderous things defies belief. What got her through must have been the thought of using those spiky heels to walk all over Steve Bing. I never thought it owuld be a relief to pull on my own 2in heels, but it was, by comparison, like a foot massage. Hours later, I still had throbing ankles. The fetish shoes are very far from a fashion to die for, and thy're certainly not for walking - inless like Liz, it's straight onto the cover of a magazine. The article is accompanied by a full length photo of the writer, stood in the ballet shoes that Liz Hurley used., and doing it quite well considering the comments. If anyone can scan it in, or email it as a scan an I'll edit the post include it.

I never thought it owuld be a relief to pull on my own 2in heels, but it was, by comparison, like a foot massage.

Obviously not a heel wearer then. And she got Kypros's name wrong too.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I think that was in the Daily Mail. I saw another follow up in today's Sun which I purchased for 20p and can scan the image for you. Similar results. The model couldn't even stand in the shoes this time. I'm pretty sure Ms Hurley couldn't stand in them either, the rings are too much of a coincidence.

I think that was in the Daily Mail. I saw another follow up in today's Sun which I purchased for 20p and can scan the image for you. Similar results. The model couldn't even stand in the shoes this time. I'm pretty sure Ms Hurley couldn't stand in them either, the rings are too much of a coincidence.

That's what I thought... :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Here's the scan from the Sun.

It was entitled "Just Shoe(sic) are you trying to kid Liz?"

It's a little big for a web picture, but I left it larger so you can read the text. The model, Claire couldn't stand in them. It doesn't say if she was used to heels or not, but preumably she was.

Posted Image

I dropped an email to Vidking, the guy who runs Slinkyskin tonight to find out when the vid clips and photos were likely to be up. (I also had a reply in five minutes which was impressive). He found out about these articles this morning and spoke to the journalist from the Mail who ran the follow up, offering another side from the perspective of someone who can walk in them. Sadly they didn't take up the offer.

He's also thinking about the possibility of a full video or dvd of the who he used for this shoot in normal public surroundings (such as the midle of Paris) wearing ballet boots, rubber outfits and other high heels.

He wants to know if such a video would sell. What do you think?

Posted Image

Yes I saw the pic... and read the follow-up article in the Mail the following day. Personally I think Liz Hurley's overdone the 'slimming-down' a bit, but that's just personal preference and more power to her elbow (instep?) for doing a photo shoot like this. Two thoughts that immediately crossed my mind after the article were :- 1. Newspaper editors who think anyone can just slip on a pair of ballet heels WITHOUT them hurting like hell knows nothing at all about high-heel fashion - but then that's to be expected I guess. 2. Although there must be people who can walk in these all day (not including me I'm afraid) - he missed the point somewhat. IMHO most people who buy these have NO intention whatever of wearing them further than getting to the bedroom.... or don't get the chance to!! Look, newspaper people - they're fun, fetish shoes for the broad-minded so get off our case... :x Oh Ok - I'm just jealous cos I can't get into heels like that :smile: Martin

To be fair, in my clip from the Sun, in that last paragraph under "niche" it features a comment by a ballet heel maker which says that most people who purchase these are those with a thing for feet and they are best restricted to the bedroom. I think vidking should have tried the Sun or the mirror they may have taken him up. They seem to struggle for content at the best of times so I'm sure an article like: "Kinky webmaster SHOES how it should be done" would fill up a page or two :smile:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I know this post is *very* old, and also I am new to this board... (lurked for ages, but never posted). The boots worn by Liz are definitely not from the Little Shoe Box... I don't know why they lay claim to them (well, actually, it is obviously good publicity), but they are actually from QualFetish in Canada. There seem to be only three manufacturers (currently) of ballet heels; Little Shoe Box (UK) QualFetish (Canada) Punitive Shoes (Italy) The Italian and Candian ones are difficult to differentiate, but LSB have a completely different heel style. I know, since I have two pairs from LSB and one from QualFetish. Just thought I'd put things right (better late than never! :wink: Cheers Andrew

Hi Wingett/Andrew! Nice to have you here. There's quite a few members of this forum that have ballet boots and several others have asserted the desire to "try" them. while I don't really like the appearance of ballet boots myself, the idea that someone can actually walk while wearing them gives me confidence that, one day, I will conquer my three pairs of pumps with 7" heels. :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

No, that's not a picture of me, -- unfortinuately. :wink: I do have a pair of those shoes, though. The picture (and shoes) came from Sexy Shoes (Style # 7116) at http://www.sexyshoes.com

The heels, in my size (US Woman's 10) are 6 15/16" tall -- 7" for all practical purposes. And, they fit like a dream.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Wingett...... I've just worked out who you are by your nickname and your sign off...... Any way, you suggest that there is no difference between the Italian and the Canadian. I`ve had a pair from all three makers. LSB were my first, a pair of ankle boots that I've had to turn into "slippers" as the pattent leather ripped through at one of the lace holes. As you are no doubt aware have a good flat toe sole (good for first timers to get balance etc) and a "large" heel surface area (again good for balance). My second and current pair, also ankle boots (just like the ones in the Slinky Skin Video), are from Qualifetish and are, in my opinion the best you can get hold of. Very little toe sole area and a near stilletto heel surface. These are so well made that there has been virtually no compression to the toe box and still look as good as new. My third pair, that I have sold on to another forum member (let us know how you are doing), were similar to the LSB pair but altogether larger and not suited to me. They have "large" toe sole and heel areas than the Qualifetish pair. These were in soft kid leather as oposed to the patent leather of the other two. I agree that all have different styles, but then variety is the spice of life and even Ballet Heel wearers need some sort of choice. Happy tottering to you all Big D

I know this post is *very* old, and also I am new to this board... (lurked for ages, but never posted).

The boots worn by Liz are definitely not from the Little Shoe Box... I don't know why they lay claim to them (well, actually, it is obviously good publicity), but they are actually from QualFetish in Canada.

There seem to be only three manufacturers (currently) of ballet heels;

Little Shoe Box (UK)

QualFetish (Canada)

Punitive Shoes (Italy)

The Italian and Candian ones are difficult to differentiate, but LSB have a completely different heel style. I know, since I have two pairs from LSB and one from QualFetish.

Just thought I'd put things right (better late than never! :wink:

Cheers

Andrew

Do these three have websites by any chance?

You forgot a 4th mfg of ballet boots.. not sure who makes them but they are for sale from a german company with the website dungeonz.de

Posted Image

Not quite as sexy as the others, but much easier to walk in.. trust me. I've worn those to a bar, including driving, but I doubt I'd be able to do so with either my LSB knee highs or my Qualifetish thigh highs.

Seeya

Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Hi Jim,

not seen the 4th manufactuer. I'll have to find out where they are... They don't look as nice as the LSB ones (IMHO), but still different. As mentioned above, even ballet heels need variety :wink:

There is a style similar to ballet heels, although not technically exactly the same.

Posted Image

If I got that wrong and the pic doesn't show, then the url is

http://www.highheels.me.uk/images/ballet/Ballet052side.jpg

They look easier to walk in, but not seen the quality or bought from them. Can be got at ;

http://www.thighboots.net

Cheers

Andrew

• 1 month later...

Ruud wrote:

Bubba136, If you can walk in ballet boots properly then whats the difference to wearing 7'heels out and about?

Perhaps you're the exception that proves the rule. However, while my skill at wearing my 7" heels is slowly improving, even if I could walk comfortably in them I wouldn't wear them out in public. As for ballet boots, I'll pass.

Glad to hear that you and your wife are seriouslly discussing your passion for heels. My wife and I did this long before we decided to get married. So the issue was fully analyzed and guidlines established when we finally did "tie the knot." My desire to wear womens shoes and high heels became a non-issue between us.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of Liz Hurley... I happened to get back from running some errands at 10:30 my time today, and Live with Regis and Kelly was on. The second guest today was Elizabeth Hurley. I am not sure why, maybe something just had me make it home when she was going to be on. She walked out very gracefully, and Kelly had commented on her walk, and Liz showed her shoes. They were a creamy tan colored pair of five inch stiletto pumps with pointed toe. Kelly was so amazed at the shoes, that she actually left her stool, and hugged Elizabeth's foot after talking about the shoes for a whole minute. I think it is safe to assume that Kelly really liked the shoes and wanted a pair. Now, imagine that. Little blonde Kelly Rippa, hugging the high heel clad foot of Elizabeth Hurley. Not something you see every day.