Request: Desktop Wallpapers?

Does anyone have any wallpaper for computer desktops based on high heels? I have an iMac so resolution is 1680 x 1050 but the normal 1024 x 768 would be great as well. My desktop is looking a bit bland at the moment and want a nice High Heel mural!

Three attempts to upload to here all said they were successful, but nothing ever appeared in the gallery. One I did earlier is the first one in the wallpaper gallery.

Bob

All uploads are screened, although it should tell you this on the gallery page! Once the uploads have been screened and approved, they show up instantly!

This is done to prevent the torrent of crap we get from certain members trying to upload garbage!

See, we dont just sit here doing nothing with broken websites, everything works just fine, but requires human intervention to keep our community a decent place for everybody :smile:

The "Your upliad was successful tells you exactly that, so why not upload as many as you can get your hands on for others to enjoy?

Why doesnt anybody else upload anything to our galleries?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Richie,

You have asked this question before. I think the reason(s) are:

When a picture is posted to a thread, we are informed of some new information, pics and or words. We know this posts will be something new for us to see / read.

The Galleries on the other hand are a great place for archives. I do go there occasionally to browse. They are a bit difficult to navigate though. And there is no way (that I know of anyway) of just looking at 'newer' posts.

Plus I think we all enjoy getting comments from the pics we post. It nice to know that others appreciate us Posting something interesting. Like my recent "Stuart Weitzman Shoes" Thread.

Some may not realize that you can change the title on a new post within a thread. Doing this makes it easier to search for pics you saw before, but cannot remember where you saw them.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Thank You

Gary0618

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

The Galleries on the other hand are a great place for archives. I do go there occasionally to browse. They are a bit difficult to navigate though. And there is no way (that I know of anyway) of just looking at 'newer' posts.

Hi Gary

There is a "Latest pictures" part on both the "Website homepage" and the main gallery page to show you the latest pictures.

Plus I think we all enjoy getting comments from the pics we post. It nice to know that others appreciate us Posting something interesting. Like my recent "Stuart Weitzman Shoes" Thread.

Every picture has a "Comments" facility too, so those who do upload pictures can come back and see any comments left later..

Some may not realize that you can change the title on a new post within a thread. Doing this makes it easier to search for pics you saw before, but cannot remember where you saw them.

If it is posted in the gallery, then you wouldnt need to search for it? :smile:

Thanks Gary

I guess I didn't think the LowRider Magazine wallpapers were crap. Maybe because they were advertising? Well, would you believe I just found them? Sorry about that, but I'm sure they weren't there the last time I looked, which must have been a while ago! Now all I have to figure out is how to use the smileys or whatever you call them!

For all of you looking for some decent high heeled wallpaper, I posted 3 pics @ 1024*768 showing a gorgeous pair of white 6" pumps.The original pic was posted by Webhawk (who I thank a lot because these heels are simply fantastic), who has bought these at elite-heels.com.

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

Bob

All uploads are screened, although it should tell you this on the gallery page! Once the uploads have been screened and approved, they show up instantly!

This is done to prevent the torrent of crap we get from certain members trying to upload garbage!

See, we dont just sit here doing nothing with broken websites, everything works just fine, but requires human intervention to keep our community a decent place for everybody :smile:

The "Your upliad was successful tells you exactly that, so why not upload as many as you can get your hands on for others to enjoy?

I confess I found it too complicated with the galeries first...may be that´s why the most do not upload there as often? may be you just should give somewhere a hint that the pics will be prooved first? ...now another trial....

edit: the usage of galeries generally I do not think very convenient either... may be some additional options for browsing the images would be fine? do not know if that´s possible there.

I confess I found it too complicated with the galeries first...may be that´s why the most do not upload there as often? may be you just should give somewhere a hint that the pics will be prooved first? ...now another trial....

From the website homepage, simply click on "Website instructions" and your then presented with the following:

If you would like to add images as a member and want your own gallery in the members section then this needs to be requested in advance so just use the "Contact" link and drop the admin an email with your community username and a gallery will be created for you with your community username.

Once this is done, simply browse into your own section of the members gallery then use the "Submit an image to this section"

Your images will then be entered into the moderation que and once they have been approved, the images will appear in your gallery section under your community username.

edit: the usage of galeries generally I do not think very convenient either... may be some additional options for browsing the images would be fine? do not know if that´s possible there.

It would be helpful if you explain what you mean, so instead of just saying "Its not convenient", how about telling us why?

And what additional options do you want? Currently, the only options available are the only options needed, such as browse the galleries and an upload function, along with the ability to leave comments on other members images...

What else would you like?

Please folks, if you dont like something by all means tell us, but please do tell us why you dont like something and what you would rather see...

Otherwise we have to waste a whole bunch of time and effort trying to bleed information out of you to find out what you do want... :smile:

Now, how about we go back to the topic at hand... Desktop wallpapers.

New wallpapers at section 1024*768 and 1600*1200, white "strange" boots. Hope you like 'em.

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

@Richie: I know, off-topic again... but what about cutting this part off then and starting a new thread with this discussion, if you think too that galleries might be important for hhplace? I am not sure whats wrong about galeries, but it is obvious they are not as often used by us - so we would reflect about that- and I am sure the other would have some good ideas an proposals about that too.

New wallpapers at section 1024*768 and 1600*1200, white "strange" boots. Hope you like 'em.

Hi Marcus

Firstly, let me say thanks for taking the time to upload these images, however, there not really "Desktop wallpaper" material, but more "I took a photo of" kind of images..

See the rest of the desktop wallpapers gallery to see the style of image that makes desktop wallpaper (Ideally)

The images you submitted may be better off in the "Streetshots" gallery?

Thanks again :smile: