Out in public- again!

Elegant

Something pushed me really seriously back into street-heeling, so I decided to do it again. I wore my oxfords, but they're slightly modified now: I swapped the blade heel for a thicker block, that is slightly taller [8cm]. So I went out, and it was a bit hard to walk because for three months I had almost no elevation... so my walk was a bit too clumsy. I received three comments from ignorant youngsters in different places, and all of these comments were: "what is it?". Baa baa, cloned sheep they are. And I learned something new: it seems that being androgynous deprives a human of their humanity- quite a strange logic... I also noticed some females looking at my shoes, and it seemed that they like my fashion ideas :smile: at least after I looked back with confidence.

I wore this outfit, with two slight differences: it was warm, so I din't wear a blazer, and the shirt was dark purple instead of black.

Posted Image

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Good outing. My guess is that the leather pants may have drawn as much attention as the shoes, if not more. It isn't that common to see guys in leather pants, so I would have done a double take, too. I can't tell from the photo how long the pants are when you stand up, but if they're short, they would make the shoes that much more obvious. I prefer pants or jeans that cover up all but the bottom couple of inches when I stand. I think you'll find it easy to street heel in shoes with a block heel. I have no trouble. Stilettos and blades would attract a lot more attention. Good luck in street heeling and keep posting your progress. You do have an androgynous appearance, but we can still easily identify the species. LOL GWL

Nice look. I to wear leather pants and a nice leather coat with heels and never have had any problem. I think it looks very masculine. I think most people wish they had the confidence to dress in leather. How can you not like it? It looks great and feels great. Great job Elegant.

real men wear heels

Elegant: Not bad, not bad at all. Your outfit suited you, and the oxfords made for a perfect match. You exhibited a fine sense of style. Bravo to you. As for attracting more attention for either the leather or the shoes, my vote's for the former, depending on where you happen to live, seeing anyone of either gender wearing leather can be something of a rarity. Keep up the great work!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Elegant: Not bad, not bad at all. Your outfit suited you, and the oxfords made for a perfect match. You exhibited a fine sense of style. Bravo to you. As for attracting more attention for either the leather or the shoes, my vote's for the former, depending on where you happen to live, seeing anyone of either gender wearing leather can be something of a rarity. Keep up the great work!

It's rather hard to see leathered people [i mean leather skirts or pants, not the ubiquituous jackets] here, but there are some of them. Mostly women, but a few guys too. Lodz is quite a big city which develops again after the early 90's crisis, when most of the industry has fallen after state transformation.

Many people have lost their jobs, so there's a lot of poor people- and the criminal activity has increased too. We've got two major football clubs and hooligan wars are also common. Nowadays, Lodz wants to well-known and renowned for its cultural heritage- Poles, Jews, Russians and Germans used to share the city in 19th/ early 20th century and even now, various influences of each culture can be found.

I think the whole outfit works great together. Leather trousers (pants) aren't my thing, but they seem to work well with the rest of it, and that's the desired result right? Two thumbs up Elegant :smile:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

i like your outfit. i've worn something like it a few times, with some snug at the ankle leather pants, the entire thing in black of course. but i wore these boots that i bought from Maya Shoes.

Posted Image

Nice out-fit E!

I think you have put things together rather well. You would definitely blend in and not look out of place in most cities "Down Under".

FWIW..I enjoy wearing boots with a 4" heel when I'm out and about and seldom get a negative response.

Altho it's not what the average bloke would wear, this is a typically casual look that barely raises an eyebrow..

Posted Image

All I can say is: "Wear what you want to wear and enjoy, but you must be comfortable with-in yourself and with the image you are portraying".

You will hear this said often on the board and it's 100% true. In fact I believe it is the very key to successful street heeling ...it's all about attitude.

Rock on..

jim

FWIW..I enjoy wearing boots with a 4" heel when I'm out and about and seldom get a negative response.

Altho it's not what the average bloke would wear, this is a typically casual look that barely raises an eyebrow..

Posted Image

Brilliant, Jim! That's an absolutely great outfit, one that suits you perfectly! Well done, my friend! In fact, I'm gonna try and duplicate that look myself come fall! Heh!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

(...)

In fact, I'm gonna try and duplicate that look myself come fall! Heh!

THIS is the JeffB I like to hear about!

Never let "the passion" out of your life again!

Miss your great stylish pictures here JeffB!

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

And now, back to the original topic: I bought Scholl Party Feet. I wonder if the pain in the ball will disappear... Next outing is planned for tomorrow.

I haven't been out in heels for a while now. Bought some cool courts from Nine West on Saturday though - the sales assistant even asked me if I wanted to try the shoes on before I asked! (I guess she guessed I wanted to wear them as she saw my try on a stilleto boot I was tempted to buy as well!).

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I was out to a club saturday night with a friend of mine. Was't packed being a long weekend here in canada, but still a good few on the dance floor. I wore this exact outfit, boots and all.

Posted Image

and this is a better look at the boots

Posted Image

I never caught one person noticing my boots, kind of a pity really :smile: Maybe next time.

Second outing: 1. No reactions, apart from some looks and some sweetie girls' giggling. 2. The Party Feet cushions turned out to be helpful, but they weren't sticky and moved around in the shoes, so they weren't as effective as I expected. I'm gonna glue them to the shoes. Anyway, the pain in the balls of the feet was reduced a bucketload. 3. Initially, I felt very nervous- even before I actually went outside. After keeping myself busy with other things, I felt much better, but still a bit shy sometimes. 4. Later on, it seemed to me that my walk was better than initially.

New outing: This was a rather short, but definitely the most pleasant one. I didn't have much time, but I managed to put my 3" oxfords on and go to a thrift store in the downtown. I glued the Party Feet cushions to the shoes, so there is no way they can move. I wore a purple shirt, leather pants & blazer and a bag simmilar to a suitcase, but smaller. I decided to wear my shoes barefoot, no socks- it was a very good decision IMHO, and the cushions proved really effective. The only downside were sweating feet. I felt really confident and sexy, there was a moment of REALLY slight nervousness in the beginning, but it passed, and the feeling was great! I noticed that I got a tad better in walking, so I could manage my heels quite effectively. It's a pity that I'm going away for two weeks with my mom and without my heels [well... cycling or rowing in high heels? seems really strange, even for a woman ;)], but I hope I won't get worse in walking again. BTW, I had a haircut on Thursday, so I look much better. I also shaved my legs, chest and arms [shaved, not depilated/ epilated- I know that the hair will be back], and my world virtually changed :smile:. All is so sensual now... I'm also going to an eye doctor on Jul 31st, it's time for getting a new, beautiful pair of glasses. I'm also considering contact lenses, but I'd have to talk with a person who owns these about their pros and cons.