Spice Girls are back....

bigj3650

Ok i know most of you wont care.....but think about it...when the spice girls were around girls were wearing platform heels....(heels all the same) and getting girls in heels can only be a good thing... anyway also if you look at the bbc report victoria beckham is wearing what looks like 6" platforms...literally "tottering" in them :smile: anyway just an FYI Cheers J

The Spice Girls were rubbish. They'll be twice as rubbish now.

They were (and obviously still are) a bunch of vacuous, talentless, media puppets and publicity whores.

Having "Girl Power" obviously means "using tabloid hype to sell pop songs (written by men - oh the irony!) & tatty merchandise to impressionable kiddies and tone-deaf teenagers".

That said, I did like their Viva Forever song!

As regards their footwear inspiration, I don't remember them having all that much effect on the high street back in the 90's. They may have I increased sales of Buffalo platform trainers to teenage girls but those don't count as heels.

Emma & Victoria have probably done more for heels since the SG's broke up, with their regular wearing of Christian Louboutin, Prada, etc. court shoes.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

If they wear their sexy, spikey stiletto shoes and dress nice and slutty, they can sing what they like. I'll be looking, not listening :smile:

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

What are spice girls?

Euchrid gave a pretty good description, but they're a British all girl rock group. I won't bore you with a graphic description of how they dress and conduct themselves, but these days far too many people confuse cavorting around in public in scanty clothing with talent. Most of what passes for talent these days really needs to be back in the kitchen scrubbing pots and pans.

Unfortunatly, these days we're burying most of the real talent in our midst - like Beverly Sills. :smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

In the Los Angeles Times, from "That Extra Half an Inch," Victoria Beckham's style guide published in Britain: "The most useful shoe you can possibly own is a pair of tan high-heeled shoes, with either pointed or open toe. Not only do they elongate your leg, because it looks as if you're not wearing shoes at all, but they will go with pretty much any outfit and dress it up." "I am a real high-heels girl...and the price of wearing high heels is a painful one. But you can now buy Party Feet by Scholl, which act like invisible pillows beneath the balls of your feet." Two full pages of text and pictures of her in today's paper (July 15th).

• 2 weeks later...

Euchrid gave a pretty good description, but they're a British all girl rock group. I won't bore you with a graphic description of how they dress and conduct themselves, but these days far too many people confuse cavorting around in public in scanty clothing with talent. Most of what passes for talent these days really needs to be back in the kitchen scrubbing pots and pans.

Unfortunatly, these days we're burying most of the real talent in our midst - like Beverly Sills. :smile:

I'd hardley call them a rock group!! Maybe pop at a push and i use the term very loosely!

Why do we have to conform with fashion??? Boots are the way forward