Boot Lining

centercab

I was wondering if the lining of your boots even matter to most? I personally love boots with the soft nylon tricot lining. All of the Nine West boots I have feel so good on bare footed. I've just never seen it discussed one way or another about the lining in boots. Surely I'm not the only one who loves the way the nylon tricot lining carresses your legs and feet sliding boots on and wearing them???

I love the tricot nylon, too, but never barefoot. My feet sweat too much, and thin nylon fabric (pantyhose, tights, or thigh highs) feels so much better because it breathes and lets the moisture escape. Plus it reduces the likelihood of blisters. It's just healthier all the way around. And that's true for other shoes besides boots. I prefer a nylon lining to a smooth vinyl one, but smooth or rough leather is ok. Still, nylons are the way to go, esp. now that they have them for men. GWL

I will agree that the soft nylon feels luscious next to the feet and legs. However I have found that it does not hold up well long term. It tends to "pill" (collect lint from socks and hosiery and form small, round bumps) and it wears through and tears too easily. I prefer smooth, natural leather.

Have a happy time!

I've just never seen it discussed one way or another about the lining in boots.

There is a thread about it in the lady's room. Nylon is okay, at least it breathes, but the foam rubber padding they usually have behind the nylon deteriorates after just a few years, and becomes sticky/gummy/oozing. I have a few pair of boots now that have a very soft fur lining inside, which are an absolute sensual delight to wear against the skin. Other than that, I prefer soft leather, with hose to provide breathability.

I just tried my boots on to answer this question, and yep that is a nice feeling when they have the lining inside which you mention.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Soft nylon lining is my favourite, I think it feels sensual. Most of my boots are either lined with that or leather, which while I appreciate for the feeling of quality, does tend to stick to bare legs. Chris