Ballet Boots Without Heels

EBear_ca

I am looking for a manufacturer of ballet heels who is willing to custom make a pair without the heels. The ankle or knee boot would require a greater arch more like that of a pointe shoe moving the toe box more under the natural centre of gravity. Does anyone know of someone still in the business who could help me achive my goal. The cobbler at qualifetish said he would be able to but he has since passed away.

Unless you are an experienced ballet dancer, you will not be able to walk in them. In actual fact, you cannot alter the shape of the arch because the insole itself has to be stiff and is made more stiff by a strip of fluted steel called a shank. When the shoe is made it is molded to the shape of the last. The only way you can alter this aspect of design is to alter the last itself, or get a different one.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'm sorry to disagree with Dr. Shoe. As a ballet heel wearer who has broken heels it's actually easier to wear them without the heels. I have had no ballet training and am a man who weighs over 250 pounds. If the toes are properly cushioned and the foot properly supported everything works fine without heels. SO buy a pair of ballet heels that fit then remove the heel.

I have a pair of devious boots that I removed the heel from.. but that was more to turn them into bondage boots. I can walk in them, but the toe area does not point down like normal, but sorta ends up at a 45 degree angle, not quite comfortable and I only do it when I have to cross the tile in my house and don't have padding for my knees :smile:

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 4 weeks later...

I am fully aware of the problems of constructing these special shoes and that is why I need them to be custom made. Just removing the heel does not address the purpose I am trying to accomplish. JimC hit the nail on the head when he mentioned the 45 degree angle. I am trying for a true enpointe position which will require the greater arch. I can stand for a short while in standard pointe shoes of which I have two pairs. I just find it hard to maintain the arch for any period of time, hence the pointe style ankle boots to force the position.

• 2 weeks later...

hallo, have a good look at thies metal shoes. I made them self inspiert from a story of "thndrshrk" about a BDSM story when a girl as to stand to a bedpost in somekind of balletshoes without heels. And I am able to walk in them but not for long. I need somekind of padding for the toecuff. But it will come sometime. I made them from stainless steel, with a cup for the toe and a kind of supporting bound around the ankle. Later on I mada some modifications to get scrouw on a thin heel of 10 mm round under heel. I have no pictures of that right now but I can make them later. I hope this will trickle some fantasy what can be down A3 go in your ballet heels

post-2077-133522844979_thumb.jpg

post-2077-133522844985_thumb.jpg

post-2077-133522844989_thumb.jpg

hallo,

have a good look at thies metal shoes. I made them self inspiert from a story of "thndrshrk" about a BDSM story when a girl as to stand to a bedpost in somekind of balletshoes without heels. And I am able to walk in them but not for long. I need somekind of padding for the toecuff. But it will come sometime.

I made them from stainless steel, with a cup for the toe and a kind of supporting bound around the ankle. Later on I mada some modifications to get scrouw on a thin heel of 10 mm round under heel. I have no pictures of that right now but I can make them later.

I hope this will trickle some fantasy what can be down

A3

go in your ballet heels

Cool 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Check out these shoes from Karo's Shoes. No Heel. They are frightful to walk in. Much fun once you can!

I really would love to try these someday. Know where I could get a pair? eBay or an online store?

Formally "HHDude"

• 2 weeks later...

I confess I do not understand what the reason for removing the heels would be as in my opinion the ultra high stiletto heel is the only aspect making ballets fascinating - otherwise why not to return to ballet shoes/slippers just the way they were invented? but as to solution to the problem: one would need a kind of stable steel/plastic/wooden ruler which does not break and then put it in the f r o n t / upper side of the foot and leg- from the stretched toes till - at least, lets say appr. 10 cm below the knee. then the foot stays in the upright position and the shoe as well not letting the heel to sink anymore. Still I do not think walking would be possible then as it that -already unnatural moving - functions due to the flexibility/arching of the feet.

• 1 year later...

My main reason for starting this discussion was to find a pair of ballet boots that would keep the foot of a dance trained sub in the enpointe position and not let her have the heels to balance on. I also wanted a pair for myself for bondage purposes. EBear_ca