9West Factory Size change?

mskim61

I have been a 9West customer for many years now and have always purchased my shoes in a size 11. Last year I had to send a pair of boots back that I purchased that I thought were not even close to a size 11. Today I stopped at the 9West outlet and found 2 pairs of shoes that I liked and had to go upto a size 12 for a good fit. My older shoes and boots still fit, so I'm wondering what is going on. Any one else have this experience? As an aside, has anyone identified the manufacturer of the white oxfords shown in the Lenscrafter comercial? I sure would like a pair!

Shoe sizing is a bit of a gamble -- even among the offerings from one specific brand. Although they may carry the same brand label, different stylings may vary in sizing -- up to a full size or even more! It would seem logical that one size 12 last would be the same as another size 12 last and shoes made on those lasts would be the same size -- but logic seems to fail in the realm of shoes. Part of the sizing dilemma may stem from the different ways that diverse styles fit different feet -- but that's not the entire story. There just seems to be a lack of standardization in the industry. First, you have a plethora of different sizing systems: US men's, US women's, UK sizing, European sizing, Mondopoint and China Standard just to name a few. Then, there seems to be significant variation from one manufacturing plant to another even among the same sizing system. There are conversions between the different sizing systems but they seem to be open to a great deal of interpretation too! In the end, there is only one sure way to tell if the shoe fits -- try it on! This sizing issue is a frequently a topic of discussion on HHplace and all of the old threads are still here.

Have a happy time!

I have similar experience. I have a pair of boots in size 8 and they're so comfortable that they feel like 8.5. Just last month I went to their store to try on some pumps and I find that size 8 does not fit me. I had to go up 1/2 a size but I find 8.5 fit very snug, almost to the point of tight. I think they just got smaller by 1 full size.

Yes I noticed that on Wednesday. AFAIK NW don't have their own factories and would probably buy their stock from a varieties of different manufacturers like most retailers. Sizes do vary from one factory to another and even from one style to another on the grounds that the lasts might be made by different people.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I bought 11 pairs of heels from NineWest during a visit to Florida in 2005 mostly in size 12, but a couple of pairs of sandals were 11's, I would have bought more, but for the cost & the logistics of getting them home. On our latest trip in april 07, I bought a pair of size 12's , having eagerly got back to the villa to try them on, I couldnt even get my feet in them, so small were they, during this visitit I only purchased a total of 4 pairs, two of those were old season stuff from the outlet malls. I would definately say that (a) that the sizings have gone smaller, and (:smile: that neither the main stores or the outlets carried much in the size 12's. I suspect that they may have changed their chinese supplier of shoes, possibly a reason for the sizing change. Heelium

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.