2008 World Heelmeet Group Hotel Info

iloveboots

Hello Members,

We are now able to share with you the group hotel information for the 2008 World Heelmeet in London, February 16, 2008. You are not obligated in any way to use this hotel however we have negotiated what is considered a dynamite rate for London. From past Heelmeet experiences it is also great to have everyone in the same hotel for transportation etc. It is a great way to enjoy the new friends you make at the Heelmeet and do some group excursions around town.

Hotel Name: Thistle Euston

Address: 43 Cardington Street, Euston, London, NW1 2LP

Hotel Info: 362 rooms. Full service hotel. 3* rated. Trip Advisor rating 3/5, and #501 in London out of 1003 properties. Bar/Lounge in Hotel. Concierge. Laundry. 2 Restaurants. Room Service. Cable TV. Tea/Coffee in Room. Private Bathroom

Website: http://www.thistlehotels.com select Thistle Euston.

Location: You will see photo's, hotel info and map location on the website. The Thistle Euston is walking distance to Camden Town, Oxford Street shopping district. It is located one block from the Tube at the Euston Station and also the Euston Rail station is one block away.

RATE: 96.00UKL Single per room P/N

RATE: 98.00UKL Double per room P/N

Rate includes.......Full English Breakfast and VAT.

Rate Applies: Nights of Feb 14, 15, 16 and 17. For nights before or after send an email to Lealani Abbas at Thistle Euston requesting the rate for the additional nights. For example, Cathy and I will be arriving on the 13 till the 20th.

MUST BE BOOKED BY DECEMBER 15, 2007

HOW TO BOOK: by phone (44) 0870 333 9182 option 1

by FAX (44) 0870 333 9213

by email reservations@thistle.co.uk

Special Rate Code to Quote for Rate: DAVI140208_001

At time of Booking you must provide a Credit Card for Guarantee.

Thistle Euston Contact: Lealani Abbas, Rsvn manager

Rate booked under my name: David Fuller and also under HHPlace

Rooms will not last very long and we would strongly recommend making your reservations as soon as possible. At 98.00UKL per room per night two people can share and pay less than 50.00UKL per night.

Double Bed Room match ups.....if you are having trouble finding a room mate to share in the cost of a room, PM me and I will compile a list of potential room mates and put y'all in touch with each other.

Any questions please PM me or post here on this thread. We hope to see most of you at the Thistle Euston.

David & Cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a million David! :wavey: You have made a great work with this and I hope that everybody who will come to London will stay here. I remember last March when we were a group staying at the Astor Court and we quickly connected and did dinners, shopping, touristing etc together. I REALLY enjoyed myself. :smile: So you can count me in for staying there and I will make my reservation as soon as possible. Hopefully I will find someone to share a room with because that will make the price so much better. See you in London next year. :sad:

iloveboots Thank you very much for your incredible results on the hotel discounts. At the 2007 meet I couldn't even secure a special rate, your expertise is therefore greatly appreciated. I'll be there and share my room with Pumps from Sweden.

admirer5577 I thought that you and FreeMannWorld were going to share a room?

At least that was the impression I received from this post.

In that post you mentioned you "don't mind sharing a room with you (FreeMannWorld)" And his response was, "You are right ther.. well i am not the puchi guy. so i am glad to now you dit find me good to see 1 more time. (",) and charing a room whit me. thanks.

do i need to remding you about man bed side maners ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz... +/- 5db.. LOL."

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 2 weeks later...

CONSISTENT REVIEWS FROM MULTIPLE SOURCES

Just so everyone here knows, the Thistle Euston is a great hotel. Here is the review as written by Trip Advisor forum members. Members at Trip Advisor participate in the forum without financial compensation from the Thistle Euston, thereby reducing the chances that their reviews are biased. Members from Expedia.com's site, rate the Thistle Euston a 3.7 out of 5. The team at Expedia actually rates the hotel a 3.5 out of 5 stars.

CONVENIENT TO TRANSPORTATION

The Thistle Euston is a 5-10 minute walk from the Euston Tube Station.

SAVE OVER $130 U.S. PER NIGHT

If you read the Trip Advisor information above, you will see that the Average Price per night at the Thistle Euston is $330 per night. With our special rate secured by iloveboots, not only can you save $130 per night, but your special rate also includes a continental breakfast, as well as all applicable taxes and fees.

PAIRS LIST:

1. iloveboots and his wife

2. kneehighs and Pumps

additional pairings will be listed over time.

Hi Kneehighs, Sorry we have been lost for the past few weeks......our 28 year old son and his fiancee had a wonderful wedding last Saturday so lots of planning and time spent with family/friends. It was picture perfect! We are two very very proud parents! Thank you for posting the update on the hotel bookings so far at the Thistle Euston. As you have indicated Cathy and I are all set up with our room. Lea at the Thistle Euston is tremendous to work with so when y'all are making your bookings just address them to Lea. Wow, only 224 days till the Heelmeet on Saturday, Feb. 16, 2008!!! Hope everyone is considering booking their rooms at the hotel now as space will go quickly. It is better to hold something, all they take at this time is a credit card guarantee. Don't want anyone disappointed, especially all of us who look forward to meeting as many members as possible at the next Annual World Heelmeet. Cheers, david & cathy

Hi Many thanks for organising this hotel. Xaphod will be making a booking this week for the pair of us. Friday and Saturday night. Looking forward to the meet already. Calv and Xa

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Hi

Many thanks for organising this hotel. Xaphod will be making a booking this week for the pair of us. Friday and Saturday night.

Looking forward to the meet already.

Calv and Xa

Very, very cool! Looking forward to seeing you guys there!

Wooohooo!

• 2 weeks later...

Calv and I are booked into the Thistle Hotel, Euston for the 15th and 16th.

Just one thing, the preferential rate confirmation email did not specifically mention breakfast, quoting 'room only'.

BTW, if, as I do, you think that 0870 numbers are a scabby BT scam, the geographic number is 020 7387 4400, (or +44 20 7387 4400 from outside UK).

www.saynoto0870.com

Xa

i have said it before and will say again. I can highly reccomend the City Inn Westminster. Booked through the superbreaks.com website the 4star hotel can be stayed in at about £60 per night pperson, and is an excellent new modern hotel about 5 minutes walk from the houses of parliament. Once stopping through london on the off chance there might be a cheap room in this place, they reception informed me that for an unbooked price they wanted £170 per night! so the above is somewhat of a bargain. nl

i have said it before and will say again. I can highly reccomend the City Inn Westminster.

But then you miss the whole point with the Thistle Hotel because all the rest of us are there. Last heel meet a lot of us stayed at the same hotel (Astor Court) and it turned out to be the meeting point and where everybody met up before the different happenings.

Although I do not know anything about your choice of hotel I do NOT recommend to stay parted from the group. Unless you want a little bit more privacy of course.

Anyway, where ever you decide to stay, I hope to see you in London next February.

Hi Xaphod,

I can confirm that if you quoted the group rate number and secured the special group rate that a full english breakfast is included.

If you would like written confirmation on this email our contact at the hotel, Lea, directly and I am sure she will respond. Lea was assigned our account from Thistle head office who negotiated the rate with with us.

Look forward to seeing you at the meet,

david & cathy

Calv and I are booked into the Thistle Hotel, Euston for the 15th and 16th.

Just one thing, the preferential rate confirmation email did not specifically mention breakfast, quoting 'room only'.

BTW, if, as I do, you think that 0870 numbers are a scabby BT scam, the geographic number is 020 7387 4400, (or +44 20 7387 4400 from outside UK).

www.saynoto0870.com

Xa

Hi New Look,

Yes I agree the City rate is a good rate but when speaking with the sales dept of the hotel they would not work with us as a group nor provide any room number guarantees. The rate that is listed in the web site is a restricted rate with only a few rooms at that rate...the price rises as room category rates get booked out and for a group like ours many members would have paid a far higher rate. Our goal was to find a room rate that would apply to all members, that is why we are asking everyone to book as soon as possible so you are not disappointed.

Appreciate the input....look forward to seeing you at the meet,

david & cathy

thats fair enough. i was offering knowledge only of an excellent modern hotel for a decent price...

Hi Xaphod,

I can confirm that if you quoted the group rate number and secured the special group rate that a full english breakfast is included.

If you would like written confirmation on this email our contact at the hotel, Lea, directly and I am sure she will respond. Lea was assigned our account from Thistle head office who negotiated the rate with with us.

Look forward to seeing you at the meet,

david & cathy

Thanks, David, I've emailed them today. I will keep you informed.

Xa

Hi Teanna,

We have you listed for "looking for a roommate" for the HeelMeet. How many nights are you wanting to stay for the heel meet, just the 16th or will you be joining us for a few additional nights?

As soon as I hear from anyone interested in sharing a room I will PM you.

Look forward to meeting you at the Heel Meet and we'll have Kneehighs add you to the list of attendees.

Cool!

david & cathy

Would like to join up but as prices are a bit more that "the north" I would prefer room share if anyone is willing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Teanna71,

have you booked your hotel room? It would probably best to do this and book it as a twin bed room. There isn't any deposit required when you book, just a credit card guarantee on the room.

david & cathy

Would like to join up but as prices are a bit more that "the north" I would prefer room share if anyone is willing.

As we noted in the posting above in this thread.....the Euston Thistle Hotel does not require a deposit when you book your room. All they ask for is a credit card number for the guarantee. If you are coming to the Heel Meet for sure or just thinking about coming at this time....be sure to secure your hotel room at our group rate now as roomes will be limited. All it takes is a credit card for guarantee.

david & cathy

Haven't done anything yet. Will need defo room share otherwise can't afford prices twice my norm - sorry.

Have only got solo debit card so will have to see if they accept that - some places are still in dark ages and don't take natwest debit cards.

Hi Teanna71,

have you booked your hotel room? It would probably best to do this and book it as a twin bed room. There isn't any deposit required when you book, just a credit card guarantee on the room.

david & cathy

Whoops - slight prob they don't take my plastic. I'll try and get credit card to sort booking.

A rHeel Adventure. Liverpool, England - My Story: http://blog.benico.biz/ (I'm also on Facebook)

At tripadvisor.com, an online travel resource, members submit what are titled "candid traveler photos". Below you will find some candid traveler photos of the Thistle Euston, the hotel at which the majority of traveling heel meet attendees will be staying at: lobby, bathroom, dining room, and breakfast buffet (someday I have to investigate how beans became a part of the traditional English breakfast).

post-486-133522845029_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522845033_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522845034_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522845036_thumb.jpg

Hi to all,, i am very interest for comming to this Heelmeet, but for this moment i can not make the reservation . I can say the second week of November... Have you a programm what you make during the Day resp.night?

The Friday is fairly informal with groups planning meals etc. which you are welcome to join... On saturday is the actual heelmeet itself and after a short informal meeting and the chance to get to know everybody you can either stay at The Miller or you can join one of the groups going out shopping or siteseeing... Saturday evening there are some events in the early stages of planning...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

hello, I'm a high heels wearer for, oh so, 30 years, allways with my gf. She died 2,5 years ago. I'm missing her every day. But that is not your problem. Will there be males like me? Oh, and know London very well. Because of several vacantionsl heelsfeel

hello,

I'm a high heels wearer for, oh so, 30 years, allways with my gf. She died 2,5 years ago. I'm missing her every day. But that is not your problem. Will there be males like me? Oh, and know London very well. Because of several vacantionsl

heelsfeel

First of all; very welcome here.8)

Males like you? There will be males, in fact most attendants will be male. Wearing heels isn't that much of a deal for women although we expect there to be a fair amount for this meet. Please check the previous threads about the intl heel meets, there you will find some pics aswell.

BTW, I see you have posted this in the hotel thread, do NOT miss to read the meet thread itself where most info about the meet will be posted.

We are all looking forward to see you in London in February.