First pair

BBLoverEric

The real trick for shortening the heel is removing the heel tip without pulling the metal stud out of the plastic heel tip. I wasnt 100% sucessfull doing that, but I had some 'spare' heels from a pair of boots that I removed the heels from. I was able to get 2 clean heel tips/studs out of 4 heels. After that, you slowly peel back the material from the heel shaft, mark off whatever length you plan to cut and have at it with a hacksaw/etc. You can use a file or something to make sure the end of the heel is somewhat square, then carefully drill out a hole for the stud of the heel tip to fit into. Slowly roll the material back down the heel saft, figure out how much you need to cut off to fit it back under the heel tip, then tuck the edges back under the tip as you wedge in the stud. I had to glue mine in, you might have better luck. If you have any other questions let me know, I recently did this on a pair of boots from Devious, and have been very happy with the results. So far I can go over an hour standing/walking without any real issues. Now to find somewhere public to wear them.

(formerly known as "JimC")

It's only if the heel is too long to make them comfortable in which to stand. There seems to be a tendency for the Pleaser ones to have a heel that's around 1/4" maybe 1/2" too long and causes the wearer to lean forward instead of rest straight.

.... because the sole of the shoe or boot is normally made flat (without curve or bend, that is), wearing the shoe or boot puts a huge strain on your ankles. Lowering the heel height by half an inch removes a large proportion of that strain. Another way to remove some of that ankle stress would be to curve the arch more (like in the superarch shoes made by 6IHF), but no UK ballet shoe or boot makers that I have asked to do this have any last that they can do that with.

WOOT! Got them in today. Surprising comfortable just relaxing. Managed to stand in them without much trouble -- first pair of heels so the stiletto is a bit to get used to. The problem isn't until after I sit down when my toes cramp but I think that's just something that'll go away once they get acclimated. They feel a bit flimsy in the toe but that may just be because I'm a bit of a big man. Anyway, off to do my thing :-D

WOOHOO, first steps with a counter to lean on. The balancing isn't all that difficult except for Devious boots having a little too much heel. I think that, instead of cutting the heel with the tools I don't have, I'll try out putting stuff on the front as was mentioned. Any suggestions as to what can be used?

• 1 year later...

If you have access to some fiberglass products you can repair your boot by putting the heel back on with some screws and super glue. Then cut aprox. 1/4" to 3/8'' off the heels. Then repair where you cut them off and add some fiberglass cloth layers to the sole fo your boots and add some fiberglass from the sole to the heel forming a ( gusset) between the sole and heel. ( Go around the heel also) The gusset could be the full length of the heel or just a few inces long. After the fiberglass sets up then shape/sand the gusset to a shape you like or if you make it as long as the heel then you would have a kind of wedge style heel. I have made this mod. to my boots and they are super strong no worries about the heels braking off and the heels are very stable. I hope this helps. Dr Who 3

• 1 month later...

I'm really lame @ this computer picture thing. I hope to take some pics. later this Mo. and have them posted. I have someone who can do this if they are willing to take a picture of me in my bboots. I wear my boots 3 to 4 times a week while I get ready for work in the AM. The mods I have made make the boots very stable but still stylish in a gothic way. I was thinking of doing a sculpture ( dragon, prancing horse or something ) for the gusset instead of a flat piece I have now on my next pair of boots. Dr Who 3

I hope take some pictures/video later this mo. if I can talk the person into taking the pictures. This person also knows how to post the pics. on the web. I'm really lame @ this computer stuff. These boots with the gusset have a kind of gothic look to them and I'm thinking of doing a sculptured gusset of a dragon or some animal on my next pair of bboots. The gusset makes the bboots very stable and the heels are rock solid so when I go to step and put my weight on the heels the boots feel very secure and I can walk with confidence knowing I don't have to think about breaking off a heel. I would recomend this mod. to anyone wanting to walk about in public with bboots. Dr Who 3 ;)