Storage

alistair

They live in a largish cupboard on a shelve some with boot shapers in, but they take up alot of volume, I was thinking of having them horizontally in boxes but boxes the right shape seam elusive.

First of all, welcome to the forum, Alistair.

Storage is largely a matter of ingenuity. But one thing that must be appreciated is the fact that if you wish for the boots to retain their shape, there is little you can do to reduce the actual volume. Consequently, if your boots are presently occupying, say, 1 cubic foot, it is doubtful that you will be able to reduce that volume by very much. Therefore, you are now left with whichever choice will suit your situation best whether you store the boots vertically, horizontally, over the back of a door or whatever.

:wavey: However, if your space is really critical you might consider storing your footwear in some unsual space that you really haven't considered before. For example, I have several pairs of shoes/boots stored inside suitcases that are presently not in use. Of course, if I ever have to pack a suitcase to go somewhere, I'll be left with the problem of what to do with the extra footwear. But at that point it will make no difference if I decide to leave the shoes on my bed or in the floor, as I will be gone anyway. When I return I simply unpack the suitcase(s) and put the extra footwear back in. While it may not be the ideal choice - it works for me. :smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

we store most of our boots in the original box under the bed. for the thighhighs and those who have no box, we use clothehangers (usually used for trowsers) with clips. that shall do the trick with kneehighs as well. just hang ´em in to your cupboard... regards

And another great item are Boot hangers. We have dozens of them for our knee high Boots and they save space as well as maintain shape of the Boots. You'll find websites that sell them on a google search, boot hangers. You see them used a lot for equestrian Boots. david & cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"