Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

Google Trends.  Break Out interest in "LGBTQ" searches in 2019.  Interest at All Time High since 2004. 

Since 2016  Higher lows.  Higher highs.  Presumably a bubble that will correct.

The "T" increases awareness of non-binary clothing expression.

maybe @p1ng74 has access to Social Media Analytics tools to quantify interest in "heels for men" or "men in heels"

Google Trends LGBTQ.jpg

Edited by kneehighs

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

17 hours ago, Pumped said:

Umm, never see women wearing these, outside of a stripper bar? 

I see women wearing similar shoes fairly often, with a tasteful dress. My wife has similar shes she will wear out on a date, and she is a 58 year old mom. Your comment seems narrow minded.

I guess I don’t get out all that often, despite the city I live in (and I never hang out at bars, stripper or otherwise), but I rarely, if ever see women wearing such shoes. Perhaps I am narrow minded, god knows I’ve been called worse things, but such shoes have NEVER appealed to me, neither in terms of style, function or comfort.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Platform pumps are very standard fare. If you walk through the women's shoe department of a large department store (Macy's, Nordstrom, ...) you will see many of these. My DSW has rows of these heels. My toe box is too thick for pumps, I've tried many times but never succeeded, so they don't appeal to me either. Just like short heel sandals, they don't met my needs, so they don't appeal to me.  But that's the beauty that women's shoes affords us...the variety we have. I enjoy this by wearing different heels as much as possible. 

I agree Jeff. I'd have no problem with it if women did but honestly i wear the "sexiest" heels in Winston Salem by far. It's incredibly rare to even see stilettos of any kind these days. Seems even tbe ladies only wear them at home or for very special occasions. Weirdest thing is, you want to see sexy heels on, go to a funeral or to church. Ask me why god cares but something about both of those occasions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cali said:

Platform pumps are very standard fare. If you walk through the women's shoe department of a large department store (Macy's, Nordstrom, ...) you will see many of these. My DSW has rows of these heels.

All depends on the neighbourhood - - Certainly not in mine !!

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

I agree Jeff. I'd have no problem with it if women did but honestly i wear the "sexiest" heels in Winston Salem by far. It's incredibly rare to even see stilettos of any kind these days. Seems even tbe ladies only wear them at home or for very special occasions. Weirdest thing is, you want to see sexy heels on, go to a funeral or to church. Ask me why god cares but something about both of those occasions.

When it comes to those occasions, I suspect it’s more about women showing off their finery and competing with each other to see who looks more fabulous. Women also wear sexy stilettos at the office, but ONLY at the office as, more often than not, they sport trainers in transit there and back.

22 hours ago, kneehighs said:

You have the most encouraging posts of anyone in this forum!  Instead of Super Stiletto under your username, I feel it should read "Tony Robbins".  I mean that in a good way :)

Thank you sir. I am your humble correspondent. Super Stiletto was just something I thought of on the fly. I believe the most basic function of a forum such as this is to reach out and then encourage others when they reach back. I also believe it is when each one of us passes on our knowledge, traditions, and kindness that humanity's goal has been reached and our continued existence justified. Since we are all wired for interaction I say make that interaction as positive as possible whilst we have the  chance. HinH

• Like 1

Most interesting, kneehighs, but that stuff is pricey as heck. I don't know if most of the folks here would be willing that kind of money, I know I wouldn't, but that's just me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

Most interesting, kneehighs, but that stuff is pricey as heck. I don't know if most of the folks here would be willing that kind of money, I know I wouldn't, but that's just me.

Stefano Pilate, as most of luxury fashion, caters to the top 1% of the global economic class.   

Pilati's influence is extensive.  At worst, his designs might create "heels for men" conversations among designers + commerce divisions at mainstream retailers like Zara, Target, WalMart etc. 

14 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Stefano Pilate, as most of luxury fashion, caters to the top 1% of the global economic class.   

Pilati's influence is extensive.  At worst, his designs might create "heels for men" conversations among designers + commerce divisions at mainstream retailers like Zara, Target, WalMart etc. 

Oh hell - - I must really be living in the sticks - - there isn't a heel within 1/2 an hour of here. Walmart has sneakers, flats and flip flops - - - and work boots !!

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been stirring the pot with boots and shorts on r/malefashion:

It’s not hard to find the opponents to boots and shorts this way, though nobody can seem to articulate why the rule against it exists.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

It’s not hard to find the opponents to boots and shorts this way, though nobody can seem to articulate why the rule against it exists.  

Great job!  You've definitely received way more positive than negative comments...or more reddit upvote points for positive comments than the one negative comment series.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

When you come to England, you might find yourself at home in the Nottingham area - specifically Sherwood Forest!

Stefano Pilate is just the latest embodiment of the uniquely human trait which ruins life on Earth: GREED. When one charges that much and caters to the only the richest of people the inferred message is he doesn't give a damn about the other 99% of the Earth's inhabitants. What a way to live one's life. HinH

4 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Stefano Pilate is just the latest embodiment of the uniquely human trait which ruins life on Earth: GREED. When one charges that much and caters to the only the richest of people the inferred message is he doesn't give a damn about the other 99% of the Earth's inhabitants. What a way to live one's life. HinH

I think it might be too judgmental to call this greed.  99% of the Earth’s inhabitants don’t care about this kind of fashion experimentation, regardless of how much it costs.  

5 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

It's just a luxury target market.  Nothing wrong with that.  Especially when decades of professional network and history lend itself to profit in the luxury sector. 

There is a reason why homelessness is up sharply in some areas of the United States and it has nothing to with a bad economy. Greedy tech companies have displaced tens of thousands of ordinary people who had homes and decent incomes by scooping up land for buildings and the landlords doubled or tripled their rent so the new "tech bros" could move in. Greed did that. The more a company or companies focus on the ultra rich the more marginalised the other 99% will become. Look at the worldwide trend of merging companies. Do you think that will result in more or less competition and more or less choice?? Competition forces companies to innovate and keep the needs of the 99% in mind. Merging has the primarily conceived goal of concentrating wealth in the hands of a very few (greed) and the consumer rarely, if ever, benefits from it. One has to pay attention for this kind of thing can infiltrate much more mainstream services we all do use and need. Mr. Pilate's might just be a luxury market but he doesn't set a very inviting example for the other 99%. That's what I'm saying. HinH 

1 hour ago, HappyinHeels said:

Look at the worldwide trend of merging companies. Do you think that will result in more or less competition and more or less choice?? Competition forces companies to innovate and keep the needs of the 99% in mind. Merging has the primarily conceived goal of concentrating wealth in the hands of a very few (greed) and the consumer rarely, if ever, benefits from it. One has to pay attention for this kind of thing can infiltrate much more mainstream services we all do use and need. 

What about the 99% of consumers that fuel this concentration and consolidation? When Walmart opens up in a town, they aren’t forcing people to shop there.  But everyone flocks to the cheap Chinese goods because we have become such a throwaway society.  And I believe that throwaway goods hurt poor people a lot worse than rich consumers.  

• Like 1

Not me. I have written before about the value of buying in thrift stores as I have not been in a regular Walmart store in 7 years. There's a lot more each one of us can do toward recycling, not buying anything in single-use plastic,  or buying goods NOT made in China. These kind of decisions made by millions can and will make a difference. It starts by looking in a mirror. HinH

• Like 2

I do my best to avoid Walmart and Chinese goods, but it is getting harder and harder to do....Walmart is not necessarily a bargain, sure they have a few things at low prices to lure you in, but many things are not priced competitively.....

Edited by pebblesf
spelling
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

These kind of decisions made by millions can and will make a difference. It starts by looking in a mirror. HinH

7 hours ago, Shyheels said:

People need to start considering things other than price when making purchasing decisions. For lots of reasons cheapest is not always best. 

And good place for us to start when we look in the mirror would be with our clothes!  When I look at the kind of materials and construction that retailers are pushing, especially in men’s clothes, I wonder if anyone is thinking about quality and sustainability anymore.  This is why designer fashion is relevant to “the 99%”, even if we never buy the brand at full price.  They should set the higher standards of production, construction, and style that the rest of the market eventually imitates.  Their products also trickle down to outlets and even second hand stores for those of us who are aware enough to enjoy.  

I am really pleased that my boots are made in France 

And when I had my touring bicycle built, I made quite an effort to source components that were not made in China - from my English made saddle to the French made pedals and cranks to a German chain and American hubs, bottom bracket and headset 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I am really pleased that my boots are made in France 

And when I had my touring bicycle built, I made quite an effort to source components that were not made in China - from my English made saddle to the French made pedals and cranks to a German chain and American hubs, bottom bracket and headset 

Good for you buddy....

Did the same thing when the starter went out on my Camry....Many enticing $65 "new/rebuilt" starters out there, but I forked over the dough for the actual Toyota replacement....They were so exacting about my core/trade in starter, they looked at it to make sure it was the toyota brand/Denso, and not some Chinese cheap replacement that they could not rebuild anyway.  

It is getting so hard for OEM companies to compete in the replacement parts business...Ultra cheap chinese stuff has flooded the market....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Heelster said:

If what I see on r/malefashion is an indicator, I think the answer is YES!  And with heels leading the way!  

• Like 2