Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

Yes, spelling and grammar are issues but it is the professional standards of journalism that I am thinking of - lazy, sloppy reporting, inserting themselves and their beliefs and ego into the story, overt bias, filling copy with meaningless Tweets, allowing social media to stampede a story and set an agenda, being hopelessly unable to grasp an issue let alone explain it in clear prose, confusing reportage with commentary etc etc etc.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

We can thank our deteriorated educational system for that. Kids today can't putt a sintenc togather and espresso themselfs in a clear whey.

Don't get me started on science and math.

Steve

... and publishers' seeming inability to recognise the need for proof-reading and carry it out!

Yep. The send the copy to India and gave it subbed cheaply and bounce it back to put in the paper. Never mind that the subs doing the editing gave English as a second language and aren’t necessarily professional journalists. It saves money. 

15 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Yep. The send the copy to India and gave it subbed cheaply and bounce it back to put in the paper. Never mind that the subs doing the editing gave English as a second language and aren’t necessarily professional journalists. It saves money. 

Now that sucks!

There are things that simply should never be outsourced. Editing would be one of them. The old saying "garbage in and garbage out" may well apply here. I mean how much expense trimming is justified just so some CEO or news guru can buy a bigger yacht?? I feel that's where so much expense trimming goes. Just look at the gap between CEO pay and the average worker these days. I do not look at this as a liberal or conservative issue rather a human issue. We, collectively let this happen. Maybe our journalism is crappy now because it reflects a crappy society. Just a thought I just wish it were more positive. But, we all can strive to buy products made in our nations and that does help.;-)  HappyinHeels

Edited by HappyinHeels
missing word
  • Like 2

It very much is a human issue.

As to quality, there is very much a sense these days that companies and politicians (of all persuasions) treat consumers/voters with pretty much the same bemused contempt con men treat their marks.   

And I do make an effort - quite a conscious one - to buy products made in countries with decent labour laws. My boots - to reference something germane to HHP - are made in France. I am pleased about that. 

Edited by Shyheels

Quite right Shyheels. I have written a number of times about the importance of buying products and services from nations with high standards of manufacturing, labour and environmental laws, as well as having the rule of law.  Perhaps we are marks as we tolerate these buffoons. Government should fear the governed lest they lose their permission to continue in office. It should not be the other way around. Knocking those with a sense of entitlement from their pedestal is usually the tonic. The ballot box is the place for the masses to say to those who look upon you in contempt, "your performance is substandard and your attitude poor so, you're fired." HappyinHeels

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Totally agree - both the ballot box and the cashpoint should be where we have our say. Trouble is these days it appears to be very easy for the elites to use social media and the old fashioned media both to conflate a seething, but otherwise quite reasonable, electorate/consumers with the worst elements of populism and then dismiss the whole lot. With impunity. 

Yes, populism can be just as dangerous as the entitled tyrant.  Self-government has to be more than just a ballot box.  People have to be given time and places to think and engage in civil discourse, building true consensus.  I think this applies to many things, including fashion.  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 1

Totally agree. But with media companies valuing their stories by how many clicks they generate, we see endless stories about such-and-such creating on-line controversy, or Twitter storm erupts over xyz. Non stories generated and promoted by trolls of all political persuasions and degrees of political correctness. In the world of Instagram and Facebook and Twitter everybody is a journalist and nobody is an editor.

10 minutes ago, HappyinHeels said:

More than a few times, in retrospect, I find the 1970's was a comforting time to be living and growing up. One thing is for sure, despite the technological advances the music of that time has stood the test of time. HinH

Indeed. The seventies were a great time to be growing up, and absolutely the music has stood the test of time. I find it interesting that my teenage daughters are intrigued by the Seventies and wonder if maybe that wasn’t a more fun time to grow up.

It was definitely  a great time to be growing up! My father who is now 92 thinks is was a great time for everything. 

To be honest,the only thing I appreciate at present is being able to find anything on internet,make my reservations in 2 minutes. Remember these shit yellow pages,spending 1 hour on the phone for nothing.  Nowadays you can't even talk to anyone.Much faster! If nothing goes wrong of course! 

I hate that period ,that vomitif politically correct,these stupid social medias. It's appealing to see people having a dinner in a restaurant,only interested with their own cell phones ans having no talk together. 

One more reason for concentrating on our heels and ignore everything else  

I am negative? 

I have found a strange post from a woman that would like to find high rank mens shoes in her size (small).

See Lukaa's post there.

http://forum.doctissimo.fr/forme-beaute/Mode-homme/ballerines-reservees-uniquement-sujet_2693_1.htm

I am sorry it is in french but I am sure google can translate it for you. The french text is much more interesting though. And also this is not exactly about heels, but about shoes that should be proposed to both gender...

G.

This is Merlijn Wolsink from the Netherlands.  According to his Instagram, he's a "Entrepreneur. Energy Wizard. Dancer. Beach Boy. Bodylover"  I discovered the attached photo of him giving a presentation while wearing heels on Pinterest.

• Like 2

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Like Wavy Gravy said, "If you remember the 60's man, you weren't there."   I loved the 60's and 70's.....   Technology is going to kill us all....

have fun...   sf 

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

kneehighs,

Interesting dude for sure. What caught my eye was the Monkey Puzzle tree behind him which normally grows only in very mild areas. A native of Argentina and Brazil it can be found in milder areas of North America and Europe but I had no idea the Netherlands was that warm. I guess the days of the frozen canals are long since passed. I guess the field botanist in me is coming out now. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

kneehighs,

Interesting dude for sure. What caught my eye was the Monkey Puzzle tree behind him which normally grows only in very mild areas. A native of Argentina and Brazil it can be found in milder areas of North America and Europe but I had no idea the Netherlands was that warm. I guess the days of the frozen canals are long since passed. I guess the field botanist in me is coming out now. HappyinHeels

Monkey Puzzle trees are not uncommon in England, at least in the southern part.   One in my garden right now.   Hardly a 'very mild' area (alas)!

4 hours ago, Puffer said:

Monkey Puzzle trees are not uncommon in England, at least in the southern part.   One in my garden right now.   Hardly a 'very mild' area (alas)!

Perhaps, but given our latitude, very mild indeed

Puffer,

"Mild" is used relatively here as it relates to how cold the coldest morning is in a given area. The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture established a map years ago showing "hardiness zones" across the USA and it covers all of Canada and Mexico as well. Gardeners all over use it as a reference on deciding what to plant and what may be experimental. Great Britain, with many areas having summers so cool that tomatoes are often grown under glass, is still a very mild area as it relates to freezing temperatures or the ground freezing. This is why palm trees exist in England and Wales but grow nowhere near that same latitude in North America or Asia. It still amazes me just how mild European winters are compared to many North American locations much further south. We have the full effects of the continental influence here from cold and snowy winters with minimum temperatures far below freezing and generally as low as -20C in two-thirds of the states yet have summer temperatures above 32C in every state every year. Now back to our regularly-scheduled high-heel themed programme :cheeky: HinH 

• Like 1