Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

MackyHeels,

If your way of interaction is mostly working for you then keep the faith and your focus. You'll never see me in a gym. Never was my cup of tea. I substituted gym for a swimming routine when I was young as our school was one of the few which had an Olympic-size pool. Today I do all my own yardwork and landscape projects no matter the temperature or humidity. It works for me and I don't have any trees giving me a death stare.

As for you not believing confronting people will win them over I would point out some examples from history. If a black seamstress had not confronted the oppression around her when she would not move to the back of a nearly empty bus on 01 Dec 1955 the world never would have heard of Rosa Parks. If a small group of mothers had not gathered every week in Buenos Aires the world may never have known the scope of the dirty war in Argentina in the 1970's which eventually led to the downfall of a military regime. If those who followed every lead, travelled any distance, and turned over every stone had not done so the world may not have had a complete account of the atrocities of Nazi Germany. There is a reason they follow the mantra "Never Again". Confrontation hastened the fall of the Berlin Wall and the demise of apartheid in South Africa. Confrontation definitely shaped the United States as it did many of the nations of the Americas. On the individual level one succeeds when he/she has the confidence to confront the fears which have kept them back before. Each time one of our members steps out for the first time they have, in fact, confronted their fears and declared their independence. I believe without confrontation that confidence has a harder time growing. We do not appreciate things quite as much unless some struggle is involved. History can be such a teacher if only we humans take our heads out of the sand, or simply put down the phone, and open our senses to its lessons.  You can ignore for so long but one day you could return the stare. It tells the other person you are onto them and they may well quit going to that gym or stop staring at you. Keep your head up and your outfits as pink as you want them.  HappyinHeels

I say HappyinHeels speaks the truth.

Nethertheless MackyHeels may not be prepared for it yet, as it is harder to hear than keep his business as usual.

You can compare it with smoking. Some persons can only keep on with it. Among them some will eternally regret their cowardice, and others will accept their fate and won't complain on web forums.

Edited by Gudulitooo

No need to interact with individuals that have narrow minded views of style and fashion. What would i hope to achieve or learn trying to explain my views of fashion that is opposite to there beliefs? Only can answer that question by number of total calories burned and time wasted for nothing gained or achieved. Ever heard never argue politics and religion, with people with opposite views? They should add to that fashion style as well...

It's not as bad as you may believe. In fact many just simply go about there business at least those who seen me often enough. Some asian females are shy to discuss my outfits seemingly think i will be upset or angry. Even though they are intrigued of my style and taste for male to wear female clothing. Observing some females glazed eyes onto me is sometimes funny and bit of a turn on, making more of it then really is, Just a stare.. nothing more...

When i was younger i did exactly like some suggested look at them with creepy death stare. Think i perfected that look that automatically i use it as defence mechanism rather to smile and think people are more evolved and accepting with my style. Have a permanent wrinkle between my eyes from the scowls i've given throughout the years from ignorant, bigoted people.

It's nothing to do with courage or cowardliness but how others treat me by keeping silent, often is telling sign what they think. Ever hear "have nothing nice to say, don't say anything. Silence amongst the females i observe on a daily basis is telling provocative signal what they truly believe of my appearance. 

While i do sound as though i'm complaining. Not my intention only reporting what i see and observe in my life. If that is negative well so be it. 

Happyinheels good points you made and history lesson.

Take a look at Argentina now with Bavarian Nazi camp thriving today under our noses. You may say how could that happen. After the war many Nazi fled to Argentina making it there home. The country or different political powers protecting them because they were helping uncover secrets from the opposition. Nobody dared to oust them from the country because the secrets would come hurting the reigning powers or oppostions. This kept going into the 90"s and only the nazi's learned how to gather intelligence better from individuals using torture and the usual methods many heard in the war. In fact they have village  bought and paid for from working with and for he Argentinian government... Even the Mossad  funded the Nazi's scientists millions of dollars as rouse to build a bomb for Egyptian government out of Argentina to be used against Israel, which never worked  because the Israelis sabotaged the project from the beginning to nones awareness.

You go walking along the village today  and are white  stranger european decent they say hello in German very polite. If your brown skin from Argentina they ignore you like garbage. In fact the generation is proud of there Nazi heritage showing the medals of there late Nazi's grandfathers etc.. Even Dr. Mengela dies in Brazil  in 1979 swimming of the coast from a stroke.

Think things change or attitude from torture and killing because someone says no more. Or we just evolve in better people over the years educating ourselves to be more inclusive. Now look at the political spectrum of leaders being elected and giving the world and country a big middle finger of PC attitudes being shoved down peoples throats. People wanting there leaders saying the wrong things. While the media reports it as lunacy and bad character. While the electoral class cheer on saying good. don't like it when people tell a grown man or woman how to act or say to someone they have issues with be it there colour of skin, sexual orientation, or just what they like to wear. Bottom line we can't convince everyone to treat you with respect. Even if the reporters tell people that daily on the news.

Edited by MackyHeels

Confidence needs neither translation nor explanation wherever it shows itself. That same confidence will win people over without you having to say much at all. Respect is earned over time via interaction, confidence, and tradition. Nobody says it is easy as the world has its share of assholes. But they are few and far between and should never factor into one's ability to enjoy one's life and choice of clothes or footwear. Keep those outfits as pink as you want them.:-P HappyinHeels

Confidence is always key but sometimes that can cause people to believe your cocky or arrogant. Thus finding it disheartening trait loving your appearance but saddened with your brassy words or actions. Some might shy away from me if act like that because there intimidated unable to interact.

Life's never a utopia wearing what we enjoy and somebody says something to make you feel ashamed or think twice of your decision to wear it. We live in fear knowing those idiots are lurking when we least expect it and throw it in our faces.

Was boarding a boat, for a short trip, had on my female gym gear on, tiny juniper green short shorts, and smoked mulberry  tank top riding my bicycle with multi coloured fuchsia, green, purple black, sneakers to my destination. Heard the males on the pier comment to one another. Both looking at each other without saying a word like it was obvious noticing my outfit. One saying to the other, " if i were too wear that, i be arrested." to giggle of the other. Yet i said nothing but knew and heard the comments take place. Was it compliment or jab at my choice of clothing either way they took my money and i boarded the boat for my trip. Guess sailors or captains of the fleet of boats the company has were interchangeable jobs taking money and delivering orders to the other captains navigating the fleet of vessels. 

While my journey riding my bicycle in my short shorts, sneakers, and tank top i mentioned above i observed random females reactions as rode passing them. About five woman that really took notice what i was wearing either the colour of my shoes, how short my shorts were or the overall colour choice i complimented the outfit i was wearing. From my experience nobody laughed but all five did look surprised or envious with my outfit. 

Have recent examples i observed at the beach. Had encounter from a male asking me a question. He stated not wanting to offend me. Curious statement, but when i heard it made me really wonder what it meant. His question was, What's my background? I paused thinking why is he asking. I told him to clarify, his question. He described looking me over telling if i was white under that suntan i had. Plus he added compliment about passer byes enjoying observing my body or his exact words booty. Let put it mildly  i was leaving a lot of fabric at home that day at the beach.

Thought it was a really racial motivated question if you read between the lines or strings in my case. 

Later as i moved off the beach noticed a regular beach goer tanned as much as me, tall, handsome male. He was yelling to a group of woman for whatever reason. I thought the male was going crazy with these group of pale woman laughing upon his rant. When i finished using the facilities i ran into him at another location talking to another elderly beach goer. Explaining from the elderly male to calm down and not be so harsh upon the ladies visiting the beach. While tan male explained the woman were mocking his suntan that he would get skin cancer he only replied in awkward manner  yelling  the same to the group of woman spending the same time on the beach as him. Suppose it was his poor lost  argument which made  it sound  strange and more amusing to the wonderful mocking ladies. 

What i took from the experience was the male wanted some conversation but the females didn't find his appearance to there liking which offended his feelings. Think when someone feels he looks the part for a woman's ideal man tall, dark, handsome then attraction should be easy without any words spoken. In truth the females never came to pickup males but nitpick on males any flaws or dislikes which on any beach can easily be done. Did find lesson from his experience was to lighten up and not be so serious about oneself. Although knew how the tanned male felt i could of been easily in his flip flops that afternoon on the beach. Did notice the male being a bit disgruntled walking the beach. Guessing he didn't receive the normal accolades and shocked stares or warm smiles from woman that day thus his outburst and angry demeanour which took little to set him off to attack the naysayers.

Edited by MackyHeels

Confidence really is the thing. I have been forcing myself to wear at least my Doc mid heel boots whenever I go somewhere, and Murphy's Law dictates that every time I am in a line somewhere, the person in front of me takes forever, and the line behind me grows to a large sized audience. Happens every time, my dad and I were laughing about that this morning. 

bambam.....   ha ha, that's funny !!!   I have experienced the same feeling when in heels standing in a line !!!  The good part is that almost always no one notices or cares, and the few times someone does notice, I am offered a smile and a compliment.  

Take care....  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Heels in lines...simple. I go everywhere in heels and shorts. Today I wore Perfectly MisMatched wedges as well (see photo elsewhere).

Do you think the people in Costco noticed?  Of course they did, I got several "I like your shoes" and a couple of thumbs up.  And about 8 "I like your nails" today. I know my heels and nails are over the top, but is there any other place to be?

Life is short, enjoy every moment.

Edited by Cali

I can’t say that is a look that is going to have widespread appeal, or indeed enjoy much longevity. It will get talked about, which is the point, and then to keep current he’ll have to reinvent himself and use a different look to generate more likes and comments, currency and publicity. And so it goes. His ‘style’ so to speak appears to be anything and everything, whatever jars and generates publicity, rather than being something that genuinely is an outward expression of himself. It is a costume. A pose. It lacks authenticity. And thus is most unlikely to effect any changes in broader society.

Edited by Shyheels

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

...His ‘style’ so to speak appears to be anything and everything, whatever jars and generates publicity, rather than being something that genuinely is an outward expression of himself. It is a costume. A pose. It lacks authenticity. And thus is most unlikely to effect any changes in broader society.

Man what reality do you live in?  Look at the number of comments and likes.  That alone provides a metric for symbolizing broader change.  His audience is definitely into it.  His audience is not a Silent Generation/Baby Boomer/Gen Xer.

Wake up and start seeing the positive changes occurring in the real world outside of your own constantly pessimistic opinion.

Edited by kneehighs
added Silent Generation to original text

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Doubt anyone is reinvented the wheel here. Styles often are copied and mixed only niche group or minority may welcome a change or something they never seen before. Only historian can smile and yawn seeing something similar. While vast majority see it as novel or welcome chic style. 

Not everything we style in our lives appeals to everyone. Saying that if we choose to wear a bold style risking the daily trends. We are applauded for the effort by open minded people. 

I’m not pessimistic, just not ready to go bounding off after every sparkly new trend. I am old enough to have seen many, many, many sparkly new trends come along that were going to change the world. Few do. And these days with the power of social media, fake news and the ability to manipulate the masses, buy likes and robot followers by the millions, an increase in cynicism is unavoidable unless you are hopelessly naive. And when one looks around and sees a significant disconnect between the glossy make-believe worlds of Instagram and Facebook and life as it is really lived, that cynicism can only grow.

Edited by Shyheels

3,500 years of civilization development and, up until the past 20 years, everyone has been wrong.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

1 hour ago, Bubba136 said:

3,500 years of civilization development and, up until the past 20 years, everyone has been wrong.

And in 25 years bubba they will look back at us and say

”see, they were wrong too”

Regards

James

Whilst the last 20 years have given us unparalleled access to technology making it possible to correspond with friends, family, and online personalities such as this forum it has also given rise to masses of people looking down at a device instead of up at the world around them. It has also given rise to a class of people determined to enlighten the world as to how to think, talk, and vote. I believe those narrow-minded and myopic folks will be relegated to an ash heap of history. We humans have been, and always will be, configured for conversation and meaningful interaction. Yes, the world will revolve on its axis at precisely 23.5 degrees for many years to come. The quality of that world is perhaps history's lesson. Disagreements and arguments will abound. Never stop talking. Never stop being creative and engaging your fellow humans. Never stop trying. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 6:42 PM, Sydheel said:

And in 25 years bubba they will look back at us and say

”see, they were wrong too”

You, of course, are assuming there still is civilization 25 years from now.  Based on the way things are going, there might not be.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

On 7/22/2018 at 4:23 PM, Shyheels said:

I’m not pessimistic, just not ready to go bounding off after every sparkly new trend. I am old enough to have seen many, many, many sparkly new trends come along that were going to change the world. Few do. And these days with the power of social media, fake news and the ability to manipulate the masses, buy likes and robot followers by the millions, an increase in cynicism is unavoidable unless you are hopelessly naive. And when one looks around and sees a significant disconnect between the glossy make-believe worlds of Instagram and Facebook and life as it is really lived, that cynicism can only grow.

Cynicism loses value when it consistently discounts the positive.  Discounting the positive is a denial of reality.  The reality is that even if only 75% of his followers are legit in an IG audit, that still makes 900,000 bona fide followers.  The reality you are trying to deny is objective data in the form of likes (43,934) and comments (437) that  suggest a positive response to Luka Sabbat's look in the photo.  This objective data weighs more in the real world than cynical  subjective sentiment.  

To assume his style is not a "genuine outward expression of himself.  It's a costume.  A pose.  It  lacks authenticity" is patent arrogance when you don't know him personally.  I would  argue in this instance that your cynicism won't effect any change in broader society either.   In fact, your cynicism in this case is costumed cognition.  It's posed cognition.  It lacks authenticity because it's based on subjective sentiment that denies  the objective reality data provides.  

Edited by kneehighs

By what criteria can you measure ‘likes’ as hard data? And even if the likes are all genuine tick marks by a real individual human those likes do not reflect anything more than an abstract appreciation for a look or an Ideal - they do not necessarily reflect a desire to emulate what is seen or a belief that it exists in the real world. It is a dream - same as the model draped over a Ferrari in the ads. 

As to likes, one might well like Narnia without believing in its existence or expecting to travel there. 

And what of the massive disconnect between life as it is lived by the overwhelming masses and the glitzy show pieces that are on Instagram and the like? They are designed to sell something - either the person who ‘stars’ or the clothes, sunglasses, travel destinations their sponsors or advertisers are promoting. 

These things are not real. 

It is not just me - here is a piece on CNN just today about social media influencers by someone who has already made their pile. 

https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/24/technology/fat-jewish-swish-beverage-canned-wine/index.html

Edited by Shyheels

Frankly, this is a discussion that isn't even worth my time.  You tend to be a "laggard" with uptake of new technology.  There's nothing wrong with that.  I tend to be more of an "early adopter and innovator".  You joined hhplace.org in 2014.  I joined in 2001.  You don't have a smart phone.  I've had one since 2007-8.  The contrasts will always be evident with regards to new technology.

The risk that this specific conversation could devolve into an endless debate for months -- about the reality of social media versus the fantasy -- outweighs the benefits of pursuing it further for me.  

Fair enough. It's not worth my time either - although as a side point I'd say that "early adopter" and "innovator" do not necessarily go hand in hand. Early adopters tend to be quick to follow a lead, they do not necessarily provide it. Many creative people - such as myself - do not have or use smart phones; some even disdain computers in favour of typewriters. 

On the other hand, I have the latest and best in digital camera gear and have always been damned quick to get there, assuming  it met my professional needs. Similarity I have a top of the range MacBook Pro and iPad Pro - why would I need a smartphone? And I have been using Apple computers since 1983

Our respective dates of joining HHP are utterly irrelevant n this discussion. 

Edited by Shyheels

On 7/30/2018 at 12:07 PM, Shyheels said:

Fair enough. It's not worth my time either - although as a side point I'd say that "early adopter" and "innovator" do not necessarily go hand in hand. Early adopters tend to be quick to follow a lead, they do not necessarily provide it. Many creative people - such as myself - do not have or use smart phones; some even disdain computers in favour of typewriters. 

On the other hand, I have the latest and best in digital camera gear and have always been damned quick to get there, assuming  it met my professional needs. Similarity I have a top of the range MacBook Pro and iPad Pro - why would I need a smartphone? And I have been using Apple computers since 1983

Our respective dates of joining HHP are utterly irrelevant n this discussion. 

I already understood the distinction between innovator and early adopter.  But thanks for the education.  

Our respective dates of joining HHP are totally relevant in this discussion.

Steve.....   I still have one, I can send you a pic if that would help.  

Ha ha.  Take care...    sf

PS I can send pics of carbon paper too !!

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

12 hours ago, kneehighs said:

I already understood the distinction between innovator and early adopter.  But thanks for the education.  

Our respective dates of joining HHP are totally relevant in this discussion.

I cannot for the life of me see how the relative dates of our joining HHP could have any possible relevance to a discussion about early adopters. In 2002 I had no interest whatever in wearing heels so why would I seek out and join a forum on the topic? Indeed my interest, such as it is, even now is only a tangential one. I found the site while searching for classy (non fetish), riding style knee or otk boots my (large) size. I joined and stayed to play the Word Game and because I liked the offbeat society here. Later Intrigued by what I read here I tried a pair of stiletto boots and quite enjoyed the novelty. But I don’t have anything like the passion of others on here. It wasn’t like I lurked on the site for years without joining. 

Edited by Shyheels