Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

just think... which one of us was it !!! Yesterday I went round primark (yes okay, got a nice grey patent bag for a fiver tho) in visible 4" heels, full makeup, earrings etc and njoyd it. Looks, yes (well AS YET you dont see many others like us),abuse, oh no. Those stilettos come off dead easy....

and another Yahoo Answers that is currently live.

Are there any girls out there cool with guys wearing high heels?

Honest, I met a Realtor here in Las Vegas that was a guy and he had on the nicest pair of stiletto heeled boots I have ever seen and he wasn't a flamer or anything and I even asked if he was gay and he said "no, i just think they're cool boots."

I'm so intriqued by this guy right now.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080126132910AA0wJCa

also

This question which closed a month ago hasn't seemed to atract the usual "Ewwww" response.

Whats your reaction, if you saw a man wearing high heel stilettos?

i am a guy, and i recently saw a statement, online. i have nothing better to do, so, my question is what would you say/do/your reaction be if you saw, a guy in stilettos, walking on a buisy street?

http://malaysia.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AqcsI7xHgvN9TcrcdWyFuvPhQAx.;_ylv=3?qid=20071203214803AAiZ0Cx

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

hear hear !! Ive always said, mens shoes are so BORING !! Black, grey, brown, token white... In clothes there is a lot of crossover, not just jeans, but hoodies, tops, shirts... So why no other colours? I'm ok as i'm size 6 so i can get anything, but those of you who are size 10 up have only red or black patents, which is again a bit stereotypical fetish not street wear. Whoever gets there first at non ripoff prices will make a bundle... Aha !! the question... what would you like that isnt available.... colour, material, style... let's see if there is enough unanamity (u try spelling that after midnight and a couple of vodkas !) Meanwhile, in my 4" blue suede ribbon laceups....

Here, Here! Our shoe selections are boring and very limited and it is up to us to use our dollar (or pounds and euros) power to get what we want from the designers and manufacturers.

Maybe we need to start a writing campaign????

It's all about the heel!

A writing campaign is one thing, however, fashion is usually driven by it being seen out and about in a normal setting and that it doesn't look out of place. The more of us get out in heels of any variety then it will be picked up and become accepted.

Now it may be that you only want to wear stiletto heels and 5" ones all day, but stop and think about it. This is your dream. But to make your dream a reality, you will have to compromise and get out in "sensible" "acceptable" heels coupled with a look that others will want to wear too.

However -

The biggest problem I see is that a lot of men who want to wear heels do so for the sexual stimulation they enjoy because it is taboo. They don't really want to be trend setters and no doubt if they were with their mates, who of course know nothing of their fetish, would jeer with the rest if they saw the guys at the upcoming heelmeet - JUDAS.

This is why I keep going on about wearing 5cm - 7.5cm block heels as these are not pushing the envelope too far, easy to walk in, yet start the trend. Currently I believe wearing stiletto heels is a step too far for society, but once you can get block heels going, then thinner heels can follow - naturally.

You can't wish for fashion to come round to what you want. It really comes down to wether or not you have the courage of your convictions and make your own statement. There are precious few members here that do and more power to them.

If only more of you would do the same.

TB2

Just come across yet another ezine article titled "Those Stylish Stiletto Heels by Morgan Hamilton. There is no publication date, but it is the third paragraph that intrigues me.

Here is the link:-

http://ezinearticles.com/?Those-Stylish-Stiletto-Heels&id=263612

Enjoy.

TB2

Nice pieces, in particular the last one. The guy was a lot braver than I am. I like the phrase "gender assumption challenging stilettos".

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

BK, It just proves what Kneehighs has been demonstrating to us in his Adventures thread. Guys demonstrating a sense of fashion will always intrigue a woman. Its the other two items that do interest me which mention that in the 50's stilettos were also worn by men. TB2

T2, I'm a baby boomer and remember the cuban heel style for men very well, but truthfully, at least in the US, I have never ever in 55 long years ever seen a man with a stiletto or even a blade heel, except in the Halloween parade in NYC or some other costume venture. And I'm a lifelong NYC metro area resident, not the boonies.

It's all about the heel!

• 4 months later...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080608084547AAal0EJ

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-glass-slipper/what-do-you-think-about-men-wearing-heels-298821.html

The second link is to the Purse Forum. There are 5 pages of replies and a poll to vote on whether you like the look of men in heels or not.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

You need to join the forum to see the pics they are discussing, but it reads like they are showing men in stilettos. That's a big leap for society to get used to. As has been said here, and some even said it in the purse forum, with the right look all co-ordinated it looks just fine. Again the purse forum is full of the "OMG" and "ewww" that you expect from younger girls into fashion who frequent those boards. And how many times did "Gay" come up? I think again this comes down to acceptance/tolerance they'd have to accept it if it becomes mainstream, in the meantime few would have the neccessary to show intolerance. What would be interesting is if it became fashionable for men to wear heels, to then see how all those who post "ewww" etc. would then react to the same pics, my guess is, if it were in fashion, the sheep on those kinds of forums would be discussing how great it looks.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

That last line is precious!

All of these have at least one advantage – it would make the task of picking out birthday presents for men a whole lot easier!

Have a happy time!

My thoughts entirely Shyguy.....little girls who follow the herd and haven't grown up!

I would have loved to see the reaction of "those little girlswho follow the herd" if they had seen pictures of both men and women back in the 70's wearing high heels all of the time. They probably would have followed the herd again and said, "...oh yeah, that is a really cool look. I love a man in those sexy heels."

their attitudes are like the weather...very fickle. and for rite now we are all swimming upstream like spawning salmon. in time i see some moderation for modest heels(3 inches or so),but i dont see any common acceptance for whopper stilletos anytime in the foreseeable future.

So, I guess it's up to those who wear higher stiletto-like heels to accept the lack of acceptance.

I would rather say I will ignore the lack of accptance and keep wearing higher stiletto heels in public. It may never reach the point it did back in the 70's when high heel wearing was common place. Although I see more fashion shoes featuring men in (more feminine) heels. Judging by my personal experiences and others here at HHP, I will continue to enjoy the positive feedback and to hell with the "sheep" (pack of little girls) who don't like it.