kneehighs

Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

821 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Out of all these interesting possibilities, I'm liking the one on the right. Visible socks just don't do it for me. 

(never mind - - can't seem to get the specif picture - -2 guys outside)

Edited by Heelster

Posted (edited)

Thom Browne's reach and influence shouldn't be underestimated:

Thom Browne sold $100 million last year.

70% of that income is menswear.

30%  of the sales occur in the United States

40% in Europe

30% in Asia.

Edited by kneehighs

5 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Thom Browne's reach and influence shouldn't be underestimated:

Thom Browne  sold 100 million last year.

70% of that income is menswear.

30%  of the sales occur in the United States

40% in Europe

30% in Asia.

In all ironic as I have never heard of this guy. Then again, I'm in the sticks where Carhart at Walmart and Rural King rule the roost.

Something came up in general discussion among a small group the other day - - - The only people we have seen lately in a 3 piece suit was the funeral director and a Baptist minister.

Yep - - I'm in the sticks!!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Google "men in heels" and, more likely than not, you'll see lots of pictures of handsome, virile, often bearded men in their twenties and thirties usually wearing outrageously high, usually platform heels. Rarely, if ever, will you find handsome, virile, often bearded men in their 40's, 50's or older sporting plain, dull, but sensible three inch pumps. Heelers of a "certain age" are out there, this site is proof of that, but we never seem to enjoy our moment in the sun. Age discrimination, it's awful, guys!  :-P

Edited by JeffB
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 6/26/2017 at 4:52 PM, JeffB said:

Google "men in heels" and, more likely than not, you'll see lots of pictures of handsome, virile, often bearded men in their twenties and thirties usually wearing outrageously high, usually platform heels. Rarely, if ever, will you find handsome, virile, often bearded men in their 40's, 50's or older sporting plain, dull, but sensible three inch pumps. Heelers of a "certain age" are out there, this site is proof of that, but we never seem to enjoy our moment in the sun. Age discrimination, it's awful, guys!  :-P

That's because some of us handsome, virile, shaved, men in our 60's also wear 4, 5, 6 inches platform heels. 

Sensible three inch pumps? NO WAY  NEVER!

JeffB stop pulling that age card. Your a youngster.

Edited by Cali
2 people like this

Two articles of opposing viewpoints about American Vogue's new August 2017 cover featuring Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik.  The first article by Maya Singer offers substantive insight into the cultural change regarding Gender Fluidity.  The second article from Fashionista is a critique of Maya Singer's article.

http://www.vogue.com/article/gigi-hadid-zayn-malik-august-2017-vogue-cover-breaking-gender-codes

https://fashionista.com/2017/07/gigi-hadid-zayn-malik-vogue-gender-fluidity

Apparently the magazine received quite a backlash and a fair bit of mockery on Twitter - not because of its 'daring' but more because of its presumption. Apparently the extent of gender fluidity expressed in the article was little more than the occasional sharing of T-shirts by the two...

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Apparently the magazine received quite a backlash and a fair bit of mockery on Twitter - not because of its 'daring' but more because of its presumption. Apparently the extent of gender fluidity expressed in the article was little more than the occasional sharing of T-shirts by the two...

I'd say it was a well deserved bit of mockery. Heck, you could even say the Singer article smacked of deceptive advertising as I saw precious little in the way of Gender Fluidity.

1 person likes this

Just wondering, anybody have an idea why heels on men isn't a more common thing right now? It seems people are joining this website constantly, society is becoming more tolerant, I get compliments from women on my shoes all the time, and with women wearing mens clothing all the time, I just can't understand why it's still so taboo, even here in the City of the Angels. 

2 people like this

35 minutes ago, bambam said:

Just wondering, anybody have an idea why heels on men isn't a more common thing right now? It seems people are joining this website constantly, society is becoming more tolerant, I get compliments from women on my shoes all the time, and with women wearing mens clothing all the time, I just can't understand why it's still so taboo, even here in the City of the Angels. 

I totally agree and wonder the same thing.  I have had literally 3 negative comments in the 3 years of wearing heels in public.  2 of them the first year one in the first time and I almost crawled under a rock and never went out again. The other was year 2.  Other then that I can't count home many times I have gotten positive comments from women and some men. 

2 people like this

Personally, I liked Singer's article.  It provided citations for social proof, a large driver of behavioral change.  

• The references to Jaden Smith
  • Chris Lee
  • Olivier Rousteing's quote
  • the reference to Gucci boys in floral and brocade
  • the reference to Pharrell Williams wearing women's Chanel with pearls
  • rapper Young Thug
  • the reference to the JW Anderson 2013 show