Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

I have been mixing men's and women's clothing for many years.  I usually wear about 60%+  female clothing.  I like some styles that aren't available in men's (like sleeveless turtlenecks), I like the expanded colors, and fit - I not into the baggy look. Yes, this is cross dressing, but the look I get is male, a well dressed male with high heels. I wear with confidence and have no issues with "my look". No dresses or skirts, just not my style.

When Rubio's heels was brought up in the presidential race some of my friends pointed this out and jokingly asked if I was his fashion consultant. I told them that I was at the forefront of fashion and Rubio was just following my lead (tongue in cheek).

I found it astounding that Rubio's very modest chunky heel should have caused such an uproar. I truly would not have thought it worth mentioning, if I noticed it at all. America must be a deeply conservative place.

Part of it was Trump's method of distracting people from his complete lack of detail plans and outright lies while at the same time trying to marginalize his rivals. Unfortunately it worked and fooled enough people.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I found it astounding that Rubio's very modest chunky heel should have caused such an uproar. I truly would not have thought it worth mentioning, if I noticed it at all. America must be a deeply conservative place.

Not the whole country, but pretty much everything between the coasts. Those simple little heels cost him a lot of votes.

7 hours ago, Heelster said:

Not the whole country, but pretty much everything between the coasts. Those simple little heels cost him a lot of votes.

If so, I begin to despair of attitudes and values in what passes for an enlightened and tolerant society.   Still, the same degree of prejudice in the UK will surely add a further nail to the Corbyn coffin.

On 4/23/2017 at 10:44 AM, Shyheels said:

I don't believe it was that big of a deal. Other than the mention in the news I never heard anyone comment on his choice of footwear. 

8 minutes ago, Pumped said:

I don't believe it was that big of a deal. Other than the mention in the news I never heard anyone comment on his choice of footwear. 

Perhaps it was the press over here that made more of a deal about it. I certainly read plenty about it in our papers and the reports suggested that it was a big deal in America.

A quick check on Google (Rubio+heels) shows it was quite a lively topic in America in January 2016 - New York Times, Breibart, US New and World Report, GQ, Vanity Fair, Elle, Fox News, NY Daily News, NY Magazine, Mashable, MSNBC, Time Magazine, Washington Post, NBC News...etc. etc. etc.

Trump used it as a way to marginalize Rubio.  Just like the false statements Trump said about Cruz's father "was with Lee Harvey Oswald" before the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.  Once the rumor was out there Rupert Murdoch and his fake news service took off with it, thus marginalizing another one of Trump's rivals. It was his campaign strategy. Very effective.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cali said:

Trump used it as a way to marginalize Rubio.  Just like the false statements Trump said about Cruz's father "was with Lee Harvey Oswald" before the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.  Once the rumor was out there Rupert Murdoch and his fake news service took off with it, thus marginalizing another one of Trump's rivals. It was his campaign strategy. Very effective.

It wasn't just Trump. Had many a local call him a closet stalker, pro LGBT (a no no for a true conservative) and flat out F-in weird. 

• Like 1

I not saying Cruz was a saint, all I am saying is that Trump has a history of using unreliable sources (in Cruz case the National Enquirer) to marginalize his rivals. This was just another example.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/07/trump-defends-oswald-claim/

Now if we can only get WikiLeaks to find (if they haven't already) and release Trumps tax returns......

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cali said:

Now if we can only get WikiLeaks to find (if they haven't already) and release Trumps tax returns......

Cali, President Trump has released his tax returns.  You can find them under President Obama's Birth Certificate and college transcripts.

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Come now, Donald Trump was not the reason for Rubio's getting such a hard time about wearing heeled boots. Trump may have made some smirking, snide comments but that was nothing his competitors weren't doing as well, nor the mainstream media for that matter. The Washington Post and New York Times are hardly Trump mouthpieces. Rubio's heels were seen as a matter for mirth by a conservative and censorious American public.

I am no fan of Trump's but, geez, you can't blame him for everything.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

My point is other than the news, I never heard anyone in a personal discussion mention it. I think various news companies were trying to make something of it, but it really did not go anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Pumped said:

My point is other than the news, I never heard anyone in a personal discussion mention it. I think various news companies were trying to make something of it, but it really did not go anywhere.

Neither did Rubio

• 2 weeks later...

I am fairly new to this site, but I have to ask is it wrong for me to want to wear pumps with 5 to 6 inch heel? I ask this cause of this post and the fact that it seems to me most on here are all about boots. I must be honest in my opinion a boot with a block heel is just a boot. A high heel to me is any shoe with a needle like heel. I may not look so good in them, but I love how they feel and make me feel. Just something that was on my mind. Happy Heeling.

• Like 2

Sorry Stoney but I'm a boot, booties and wedge fan.  I spend over 10 hours a day in heels, standing and walking, and the surface is not always flat.  Needle heels are just to hard for that long of a day. I'm not a pump fan myself.  Since I have a very high arch pumps tend to cut into the tops of my toes. But seeing some of the pumps on this site has me re-thinking this and I plan to try on some open toe pumps the next time I go shoe shopping. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stoney3057 said:

I am fairly new to this site, but I have to ask is it wrong for me to want to wear pumps with 5 to 6 inch heel? I ask this cause of this post and the fact that it seems to me most on here are all about boots. I must be honest in my opinion a boot with a block heel is just a boot. A high heel to me is any shoe with a needle like heel. I may not look so good in them, but I love how they feel and make me feel. Just something that was on my mind. Happy Heeling.

I wear pumps and boots with stilettos I really don't to many block heels shoes and boots,,,,, a few but not many.  I think the stilettos are the way to go.   Mine are 5,6 and 7 with platforms. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1d608fe77aef0addee9af60b1c525aeb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.53a63590e42592cccfee013c900f206f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0e35a15ee38f69e3e64a24815ef3b94a.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.7bb57979e27d7d0367efff536734574d.jpgimage.jpg.bbb381357c48c6a515234c1d3d8c5afb.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.1b52591bb08a91c948bb8d0bfa1186c2.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.97416b65596d28da5b425a1772fdb4bf.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.d6164cf292d874a1b8f3477f8015288e.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.07cb9ffbfc89b7b8ebe089f0df61e32f.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.2a8c3dc44056fa87a51d088736d8e8e4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b8fd1a0d3cf55e611a6aca2e8e97ab43.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4eb228f0dadc185f2db7eab5bc712855.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d48eabae99f245105fd01e0397d6fb38.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3332bb4757b0ae64a1d7e9bb30bddd29.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c5144767ced1e2429b038e57cccef9d0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.749406402c259d3707f959f436867fa8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ad7352b191e05a5055f4bbdd9098d4c0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.04fb8d3e2a2043c226774097f954b6b4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.28f232741a016b5fe89435abe424e8bd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8d1275299b43e35631fd7156972f3616.jpegimage.jpeg.4da8706f5b00d48474fdc7bdb9814006.jpeg

Edited by CAT
  • Like 4

CAT as I said it seems to me MOST on here like some sort of boot. Your choice I think are fantastic. I am not knocking anyone for what they like, some might think my choice of heels are not their cup of tea. I read the article and had noticed it was mostly talking about men in block heels. If you like a 6 inch block heel then GOD bless you, and have fun. I am jealous of you CAT, I wish I was brave enough to wear heels in public the way you do. Your look is beyond fantastic, especially with the skirts.    

HAPPY HEELING.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Stoney3057 said:

it seems to me most on here are all about boots. I must be honest in my opinion a boot with a block heel is just a boot.

Guilty.  I wore 5" stiletto heels for years until my left ankle failed and I had a choice of block heels or no heels.  Block heels won.  I will challenge the idea though that a OTK boot with a 4" block heel is "just a boot".

GEDC1502.jpg.62d9380ef23d249c07ce8cf25eefdccb.jpg

But when I want to "show off" my boots I wear a 4" stiletto heel.

GEDC1828.jpg.66cf87582da6e7cf77765deea21e35ad.jpg

They are both high heeled boots.

:wavey:

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:25 PM, Stoney3057 said:

It is not wrong to want to wear pumps with 5 to 6 inch heels. It's not wrong to wear any heeled shoe or boot. Everyone is different and there is no right or wrong. Many have even commented on non-heeled shoes (flats, loafers) on this forum. The only thing you need is tolerance. If you don't like somebody else's choice, don't be critical. I've been guilty of this myself, and it's sometimes difficult to remember that ugly is in the eye of the beholder. So go for whatever shoes you want and enjoy the freedom of wearing what you want.

Steve

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:54 PM, CAT said:

I wear pumps and boots with stilettos I really don't to many block heels shoes and boots,,,,, a few but not many.  I think the stilettos are the way to go.   Mine are 5,6 and 7 with platforms. 

That's a great set of looks there, CAT. Do you dress like that most or all of the time? What abut work?

• Like 1

On 5/8/2017 at 4:25 PM, Stoney3057 said:

Why worry yourself over that? Just wear what you like, where you like. That's the important thing.

• Like 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

Why worry yourself over that? Just wear what you like, where you like. That's the important thing.

I agree JeffB. I was just curious as to why so many wore boots and not heels/ pumps

19 hours ago, caultron said:

That's a great set of looks there, CAT. Do you dress like that most or all of the time? What abut work?

Caultron

thank you for the compliment!!   I wish this could be my daily attire!  I would be in heels everyday for work or going out. Now in reality I am in a collared shirt jeans steel toe boots and a Carhart vest every day.  Construction and heels don't mix very well, at least in the field. I am not so much on the physical end any more but running the jobs not doing them.  My after work attire is usually leggings a collared shirt and ankle boots that I will go anywhere any time.  When I go out    is when I get deck out in a skirt and heels.   I have said before,,,, if I could just change my day job, hmmmm 

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:54 AM, CAT said:

CAT, I am curious how many times you posted this same set of pics every here and there ? Or is it evolving ?

You could start a Lookbook ?

Regards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stoney3057 said:

I agree JeffB. I was just curious as to why so many wore boots and not heels/ pumps

Speaking only for myself, I have two reasons.

The main reason is that I like the look of boots on me more than I like the look of pumps.  @JeffBwill attest that I have been grumbling about this for years.  I just haven't felt comfortable with my look wearing pumps.

The second reason, and I suspect a more universal reason, is that boots are easier to wear.  If the shaft is tight on the ankle it provides a great deal of lateral support.  Also, when is the last time you heard of someone walking out of a pair of boots?  You just don't have a problem keeping them on your feet.

You also mentioned folks wearing block heels rather than stilettos.  I find block heels much easier to walk with than stilettos.  That may be because I'm getting older and/or have a weak ankle but I find the additional stability of a block heel makes walking a lot easier.  However, I do have two similar pair of boots, one with a 4" block heel, and the other with a 4" stiletto.  I wear the block heel when I'm just out and about or playing guitar, but when I want to look good, I wear the stiletto.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.