Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

6 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Yes, anyone who goes to the Heels4Men forum will be seriously underwhelmed. Nobody has posted there at all in over a year. Wonder how many potential members we might have lost?

For sure.  Haven't been there in awhile because of the reasons you mentioned

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

I’ve tried several times to post and revive but it just seemed so fruitless

I really liked that site because it had a chat feature, wish we had that here....

I think that the word missing in this article is confidence.  It requires a high degree of confidence in yourself to wear knee high heets or pumps (our others) in public. And confidence is a very important quality to have.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cali said:

I think that the word missing in this article is confidence.  It requires a high degree of confidence in yourself to wear knee high heets or pumps (our others) in public. And confidence is a very important quality to have.

The word confidence might be missing, but it is implied...  Will have to read the article again.....  Nonetheless, you are absolutely right, confidence is key for sure.  It has taken me many years to gain some confidence, but it sure does feel great to wear the boots I like in many situations with little or no nervousness.  

53 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

True.  

Agreed, but in this context it's not. Women don't require confidence to dress anyway or in anything they want because they have been for decades.

Yes, that’s true, women have - but then they’ve demonstrated in the past a confidence to challenge fashion boundaries - bloomers, trousers, jeans - in a way that men never have. And bear in mind heels were a masculine fashion originally, and again it was women who summoned the pluck to cross the boundary and adopt the style and make it their own. Once heels were perceived as feminine, men fled never to return.

Edited by Shyheels

5 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Yes, that’s true, women have - but then they’ve demonstrated in the past a confidence to challenge fashion boundaries - bloomers, trousers, jeans - in a way that men never have. And bear in mind heels were a masculine fashion originally, and again it was women who summoned the pluck to cross the boundary and adopt the style and make it their own. Once heels were perceived as feminine, men fled never to return.

Purely from a fashion perspective I have to say the following. 

Those women have been dead forever so today's world has no idea of that past. Today's women have not had the boundaries men have had. It's a bad conclusion to think that women have really had it that rough, that's a feminist cop out. Women have been more than equal in fashion. In the 80's and 90's it was illegal to tell a woman what to wear in the work place. Anything went, even flip flops. Men, shirt and tie, no exceptions.  

I am not for a moment suggesting that women have it tough in the fashion world - they have extraordinary latitude in what they can wear and men have very little. They can be as expressive as they like while we must conform. I get it. What I am saying is that historically women have demonstrated the pluck to adopt a masculine fashion and make it their own. Men have never done the reverse - adopt a feminine fashion and make it a mainstream look for themselves. 

Edited by Shyheels

Surely today's women in general do indeed display confidence whenever they go out, after dressing and putting on make-up etc as the mood takes them?   The confidence that they have chosen a look that, almost regardless of how offbeat or flamboyant (or otherwise) it might be, will be acceptable to the world at large and not give rise to any significant adverse comment, let alone ridicule or persecution.   The same certainly cannot be said to be true for a man who, if he strays outside a pretty narrow avenue of convention in his appearance, will excite questioning and probably negative reaction from most people who see him.   We expect women to have a free hand and to show off - we do not expect men to do so.   

3 hours ago, Puffer said:

Surely today's women in general do indeed display confidence whenever they go out, after dressing and putting on make-up etc as the mood takes them?   The confidence that they have chosen a look that, almost regardless of how offbeat or flamboyant (or otherwise) it might be, will be acceptable to the world at large and not give rise to any significant adverse comment, let alone ridicule or persecution.   The same certainly cannot be said to be true for a man who, if he strays outside a pretty narrow avenue of convention in his appearance, will excite questioning and probably negative reaction from most people who see him.   We expect women to have a free hand and to show off - we do not expect men to do so.   

So true.  A double standard for sure.  So, it is up to guys like us, to go against underlying societal "expectations", helping to pave the way for other men to explore fashions that have been more or less reserved for women.  

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

A girl put her heels on her male friend  and they danced. The comments on this Instagram reel are overwhelmingly positive from the females. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxV4jX2seYt/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Edited by kneehighs

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

11 hours ago, kneehighs said:

then go find some better examples yourself and post them here ;)

Well, I'm sure it is staged, but looks great anyway.  Those boots have nice rugged heels that look great and are easy to walk/dance in.  

• Like 3

On 1/18/2020 at 8:33 PM, kneehighs said:

Shout out to the designer Laurentin Cosmos, who actually has "skin in the game".  

http://90c515c419.testurl.ws/laurentin/

The forum has covered Laurentin Cosmos before. 

Here is a link to his instagram: https://www.instagram.com/be.laurentin/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kneehighs said:

The forum has covered Laurentin Cosmos before. 

Here is a link to his instagram: https://www.instagram.com/be.laurentin/

For sure, but it is worth reposting.  This man looks great, as a guy in heels, hoping men like this can help promote the idea that regular guys look great in heels, and should enjoy wearing them...  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

For sure, but it is worth reposting.  This man looks great, as a guy in heels, hoping men like this can help promote the idea that regular guys look great in heels, and should enjoy wearing them...  

Looks like his business passed. No longer shows under shopping on Google. He's a way more attractive man in heels than either myself or Melrose (James)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Looks like his business passed. No longer shows under shopping on Google. He's a way more attractive man in heels than either myself or Melrose (James)

And he definitely walks better than Mark Bryan. Or me, for that matter, despite my best efforts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

And he definitely walks better than Mark Bryan. Or me, for that matter, despite my best efforts.

If you look him up on Facebook by his real name Klaus Vemmer, he used to be a race car driver. So he has something in common with Bryan. 

Unfortunately, according to his Linked In, they only sold 30 pairs of heels.

I give him credit. He risked time and money and it didn't work. Speaks more than some guys here who offer risk free arm chair opinions.  

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Race car driver, eh? You know, Jerry was a race car driver. At least, that's what my son tells me. My son is into Primus. I risked nothing to tell you that little tidbit of information, it is true.

Dr1819 was a small airplane pilot.

admirer5577 was also a small airplane pilot

Paul Duane rides motorcycles

I wonder if there is a correlation between cis men wearing heels and risky transportation sports

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Dr1819 was a small airplane pilot.

admirer5577 was also a small airplane pilot

Paul Duane rides motorcycles

I wonder if there is a correlation between cis men wearing heels and risky transportation sports

I'm a licensed pilot, and I sail. Horses too...

Primus sucks. (Don't worry, I'm supposed to say that)

As far as heels go, I'm drifting into the Cat lane a bit, heels with nylons or fishnets with a bodysuit top are my thing right now, especially with the holidays coming up.

Edited by bambam
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I had to look up Primus.  

1 hour ago, bambam said:

As far as heels go, I'm drifting into the Cat lane a bit, heels with nylons or fishnets with a bodysuit top are my thing right now, especially with the holidays coming up.

May I also suggest leggings, pants or even a skirt?

Late fall to early spring are my bodysuit time; that and knee high boots.