Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

Heelers : Here I go. I do not believe anyone is going to agree with this. I would never wear the shoes shown in this ad. What kind of a turnaround do you guys think will be achieved here? The men in western movies wear cowboy boots with higher heels than this crap. Do any of you think John Wayne would prance around in these shoes. Cowboy boots haven't encouraged people to wear higher heeled shoes over the last/past one hundred (100) years. Just wear what you like and move on.  Mike261762_2145187834954_1404016199_32606088_7709299_n_old.thumb.jpg.e8256f023d6862fbc314da33d2d041a4.jpg

• Like 4

On 1/26/2023 at 1:24 PM, kneehighs said:

Christian Louboutin openly promoting heels for men. It's part of new Advertising campaign done in collab with ID magazine

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn4qa4dvK8j/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnzxFA0NqzW/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnzjosSrmPm/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn2J4YJr0ZE/

Well, nothing here I would ever wear, but that's OK, at least they are trying to market heels for men

5 hours ago, spikesmike said:

Heelers : Here I go. I do not believe anyone is going to agree with this. I would never wear the shoes shown in this ad. What kind of a turnaround do you guys think will be achieved here? The men in western movies wear cowboy boots with higher heels than this crap. Do any of you think John Wayne would prance around in these shoes. Cowboy boots haven't encouraged people to wear higher heeled shoes over the last/past one hundred (100) years. Just wear what you like and move on.  Mike261762_2145187834954_1404016199_32606088_7709299_n_old.thumb.jpg.e8256f023d6862fbc314da33d2d041a4.jpg

Fabulous boots Mike. 

• Like 1

I know it seems a little strange to our Western sensibilities, but that is the most normal guy I've ever seen in heels who is not one of us. Normal for East Asian advertising, anyway, phải không?

Edit, further thoughts: And do you know why that is? It's because he's selling women's shoes, and and not some super-glam, strange looking men's boot with a big honking heel on it. This has got me fairly convinced that any high heels that are designed "for men" are intrinsically inferior to high heels that are designed as high heels.

And yet a further edit: It seems that, after having viewed that video, all of the ancillary ads associated with this site (hhplace) have now all turned to Chinese. Weird. At least they're not trying to sell me Tevas or Birkenstocks.

Edited by mlroseplant
  • Like 2

In addition to our other head-scratchers, 120 USD seems like a really bad price range for Asian customers. I realize that Chinese have, on average, more spending power than Vietnamese, but 120 bucks or its local equivalent seems a bit steep for your average working gal.

• 1 month later...

Out of the blue, a friend sent me this picture, which was posted by this young man's mother on social media. I have very inexpertly blotted out his face because I don't know any of the people involved, although the post was set to full public. The caption to the photo set read, "[Young man's name] absolutely slayed his senior recital! And in 4 inch heels. He worked so hard and we could not be more proud."

I shall have to find out the back story, but it is encouraging to see. I believe my friend sent me this because doesn't this general style look a little familiar? Only on somebody younger, taller, and better looking than me. This is at a fairly famous music school, too, so this guy is no hack.

HornHeels.jpg

Edited by mlroseplant
typo
  • Like 5

On 3/21/2023 at 11:25 AM, mlroseplant said:

Out of the blue, a friend sent me this picture, which was posted by this young man's mother on social media. I have very inexpertly blotted out his face because I don't know any of the people involved, although the post was set to full public. The caption to the photo set read, "[Young man's name] absolutely slayed his senior recital! And in 4 inch heels. He worked so hard and we could not be more proud."

I shall have to find out the back story, but it is encouraging to see. I believe my friend sent me this because doesn't this general style look a little familiar? Only on somebody younger, taller, and better looking than me. This is at a fairly famous music school, too, so this guy is no hack.

Any update on finding the back story for this? Great find.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

2 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Any update on finding the back story for this? Great find.

I found out that my friend used to see this family regularly pre-pandemic, but hasn't since, except for social media. I actually talked with my friend as some length a few days ago, and can you believe I forgot to ask?

7 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I found out that my friend used to see this family regularly pre-pandemic, but hasn't since, except for social media. I actually talked with my friend as some length a few days ago, and can you believe I forgot to ask?

aha! Maybe next time.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

On 1/27/2023 at 11:26 AM, spikesmike said:

Not sure if you've been out shopping for Western Boots in the mens department lately, but you would be luck to find a 1" heel. Been to a few recently as I have a wedding coming up. I'll end up in the womens department most likely

• Like 1

Well, that and the fact that there was a period in the mid 1990s when country music was incredibly popular, and so was the clothing that went along with it. So much so that even people like me were wearing cowboy boots. That bubble was bound to burst sooner or later, with or without help.

• Like 1

Never really got into country music or cowboy boots....  Not my “style.”  I am a old school Detroit Mo Town, sandal wearing, high heel “guy.”  Conflicted??  Maybe.  Works for me.    

Now get of offa dat thang, and dance till you feel bettah.....    smile...   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

For a guy who likes tall boots, I’ve never really warmed to cowboy boots. I’m just not a western style guy. I much prefer riding or motorcycle style boots or, with heels, the edgy femininity of elegant knee or OTK boots

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

The article makes sense to me, "wearing female clothing can make you more of a man", for all the reasons mentioned there.  

• Like 1

Yes, that's a good article. I've no interest in skirts or dresses - just the heels - but I absolutely take his point about exploring one's feminine side and being a better-rounded person for it. I have certainly noticed all of those things as I've grown more comfortable in heels. 

This article is a fascinating read.

I'm certainly not someone who would actively push a direction that is thought to be socially unacceptable but am certainly open to ideas, changes in dynamics and general acceptance of people who are more free with their inner feelings than others. I mentioned something similar to this the other day, that society is changing, to be more accepting of people who do not necessarilly conform to the believed social norms and as such gives everyone more of an opportunity to be themselves. But changes are not coming fast enough,

I particulalry like the quote: "but society has taught us to hide certain aspects of ourselves because they are not socially acceptable. Many men fear their feminine side because, as I stated above, they have been conditioned to be that way by others who are not comfortable with their own feminine sides"

It is a shame that Alex linked, not to us, but to our brother who is in a coma. That is, the Heels4Men forum. As an aside, it bugs me that the credit for this article is "Alex." I've always been bothered by celebrities who use only one name, and that includes Prince.

• Like 1

An interesting read, with some thoughtful comments.   But I wish he had said what he means by 'US size 13' - men's or women's?   It is not that difficult to find women's styles of footwear in size USW13, but not at all easy in USM13 (= USW15).  

32 minutes ago, Puffer said:

An interesting read, with some thoughtful comments.   But I wish he had said what he means by 'US size 13' - men's or women's?   It is not that difficult to find women's styles of footwear in size USW13, but not at all easy in USM13 (= USW15).  

Us 15  look at onlymaker

give me more heels