Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

That’s quite true. Heels needn’t be painful. Hazardous, potentially, yes, but if they fit well and are well made it is more a matter of growing accustomed to wearing them. I ride a bicycle with a traditional leather Brooks saddle. They take getting used to too

• Like 1

Those articles, and many like them, smack of yet more tireless attempts at social engineering. They never quit, they just keep throwing the same horse crap at the world in slightly different ways, much like a spouse trying to get the other to do something they aren't interested in. Al Bundy would just call it nagging. When somebody like me walks in and says, "I want to do something off the beaten path", they turn it into a social studies lesson. 

And then I vomit. 

• Like 3

Oh, I don't know, it's all fun to talk about, but aren't we taking all of this a little bit too seriously? I mean, whoever writes these articles certainly doesn't have us in mind, I figure they're just trying to make a living, same as you me. And it's very difficult to pin down journalistic accuracy and ethics with such a subject, don't you think? Hell, we won't even tell our goddamned real names, will we? And that's TO EACH OTHER!

I appreciate the Brooks saddle comment. I had one of those once, only I bought the bicycle used, and the saddle was undoubtedly perfectly formed to somebody else's arse!

As a photographer and journalist I get weary of all the clickbait out there, the near total lack of willingness to produce a worthwhile story (on whatever topic) but either through ignorance or arrogance or eagerness to generate controversy for its own sake, produce instead these meaningless screeds. AS I say, it isn't just ts subject, it's all subject.

And as for the use of names, it's pretty much a matter of sensible privacy on line. I am active on a cycling forum, but use a nom-de-plume there as well, as does everyone else there. And I don't think it is because we are all self conscious about riding bicycles.    

Indeed, you guys are very welcome to come to LA and meet me, and my real name, in person. The internet is full of people in the shadows. 

I understand they are just writers trying to make a living, I'll call them a journalist when they actually ask people questions, rather than write an editorial about how things could/should be, with 'witnesses' to support their Subject.

• Like 2

Legitimate journalists can, and do, write columns and opinion pieces - and that’s fine, as long as they are labelled as such. The better ones will do their research and make informed arguments. I can respect that even if I disagree with what they are saying. What I dislike is this crass and sloppy stuff - whether it’s being passed off as reportage or opinion

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 1:31 PM, VirginHeels said:

Found this website: https://www.mens-heels-revolution.com/Home/About

Thoughts?

It seems as if it’s good at heart, but is a small social engineering in there.

The list of larger sized heel retailers is good.

I do enjoy reading things that put us male heelers in a positive light. I generally don't care what people think of me, but I guess I've never considered myself a cross-dresser. It's just something that has never "crossed" my mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I certainly don’t consider myself a cross dresser any more than I would consider a woman in mens brogues to be a cross dresser. Blue jeans, shirt and jumper - pretty standard stuff - worn with boots in a style I like.

We all wear something on our feet - boots, shoes, sandals, whatever. All we are talking about here is a variation on a style/design feature on something we all wear. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 6:03 AM, mlroseplant said:

I do enjoy reading things that put us male heelers in a positive light. I generally don't care what people think of me, but I guess I've never considered myself a cross-dresser. It's just something that has never "crossed" my mind.

Yeah you have gotten used to ignoring the opinions of the broader masses.  If you are a man that shops for clothes in a woman’s department, the general consensus is that you are cross dressing.  I don’t agree, but I have to acknowledge that most people feel this way.  I also don’t think it is fair, because women can shop the whole store without any such stigma, but it will take time for this kind of thought to change, if it ever does.  Now, if they start stocking men’s departments with heels, so that we are not forced to look for our shoes in unconventional places, that would also be progress. 

• Like 2

ROY G BIV....   What is the difference between indigo and violet??  I just call 'em purple....  ha ha...   The spectrum of light is a beautiful thang...   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

2 hours ago, SF said:

ROY G BIV....   What is the difference between indigo and violet??  I just call 'em purple....  ha ha...   The spectrum of light is a beautiful thang...   sf

Beautiful indeed! But as someone who loves colours at that end of the spectrum I appreciate all the subtleties between indigo and violet!!! 🙂

• Like 1

Light is a linear spectrum, wave length, whereas gender is infinitely-dimensional.  MtF and FtM don't pass each other on their journeys.

And to some color blind (my half-brother) people, green and red are the same.

On 3/8/2022 at 10:22 PM, Shyheels said:

Beautiful indeed! But as someone who loves colours at that end of the spectrum I appreciate all the subtleties between indigo and violet!!! 🙂

How coincidental that this conversation should come up, because I had a fairly recent experience in which I had to order phenolic placards for the purpose of labeling electrical equipment. The social media company that I do work for has various colored placards to identify their different electrical systems. There's a blue color, and then there's this other system that at first blush under the general lighting looks blue, but under closer inspection, maybe it's purple. No.  .  . no, it's blue, but it's a funny blue. On the other hand, it looks kind of purple. I guess there is no way to describe it other than indigo.

The story behind this is that there is no plain ol' purple colored system, and when we got plain ol' purple placards to identify the stuff we'd added or changed, the powers that be didn't like it. After many hours on the phone and many samples mailed back and forth, we could find only one supplier in the entire U.S. who seemed to be able to match this color accurately. It was some small family owned business out of Wisconsin if I recall correctly. The funny thing about that is, not only did this small company actually match the color correctly, their turnaround time to actually get the stuff out to us was much shorter than the big companies.

So that's my story about the difference between indigo and violet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 4:51 PM, p1ng74 said:

Yeah you have gotten used to ignoring the opinions of the broader masses.  If you are a man that shops for clothes in a woman’s department, the general consensus is that you are cross dressing.  I don’t agree, but I have to acknowledge that most people feel this way.  I also don’t think it is fair, because women can shop the whole store without any such stigma, but it will take time for this kind of thought to change, if it ever does.  Now, if they start stocking men’s departments with heels, so that we are not forced to look for our shoes in unconventional places, that would also be progress. 

Yeah, guys that wear heels are just assumed to be crossdressers for sure.  Maybe we will see some of the Onlymaker boots in the men's department in the not too distant future.  For now, every guy that wears heels as a guy is contributing to squash this "asssumption", but change in opinions takes too long for sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, VirginHeels said:

I see rockup replied to his post. He should join us too.

Nice story but to not buy something, especially since he loved a couple pair, wasted the sales staff's time.

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

Nice story but to not buy something, especially since he loved a couple pair, wasted the sales staff's time.

I admire the restraint. Had I tried on such amazing pumps, they would have left with me and my credit card would wince.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 8:00 PM, Jkrenzer said:

I’ve not gotten a pair every time I go shopping. It’s -a lot- of money for shoes at those stores. 

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 4 weeks later...

80 MM ankle boots for men, by Alessandro Vasini

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfv8R1WssYq/

Story being sold on Vasini's site about the shoe indicates consumer demand prompted creation of the boot for men. Don't know if it's true, but does it even matter?

"With a modern and sexy silhouette and a vintage vibe the JANIS boot was originally created by Alessandro as the ultimate women's ankle boot. After many requests and special orders is finally available in men's sizes as well"

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.