Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

8 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I don’t know if you’re aware of this but Jeremy Corbyn isn’t the prime minister. Never was. He might have done better if he had been in drag - the whole cardigan thing he had going was so student-bedsit

Oh, thank goodness for that clarification!   For one minute, I thought I had come round from a coma and found that we had JC for PM.   As if there weren't enough problems already facing the country ... 

OK, guys (blokes), this needs to stop, right here, right now. My comment was a poor attempt to inject some humor into the discussion. While I personally would welcome some further discussion on the the subject, we risk the whole thing being deleted by the management. This is not the place for it. I am always glad that we are a diverse community. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, kneehighs, for sharing that link. I've had a number of interesting conversations this week, concerning my style and sort of how I see myself. I have no idea what I actually look like, but I get the idea that this is what other people think I look like:

I'm not really opposed to that.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Thanks, kneehighs, for sharing that link. I've had a number of interesting conversations this week, concerning my style and sort of how I see myself. I have no idea what I actually look like, but I get the idea that this is what other people think I look like:

I'm not really opposed to that.

You're welcome!  He looks clean cut and presentable to me!  

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

17 hours ago, kneehighs said:

You're welcome!  He looks clean cut and presentable to me!  

HA! If we're going to set the bar that low, even I might be able to clear it! Speaking of low, upon a second look, those sandals are not very high. Cute, but nothing I would actually wear. And if it were me, I'd have gone about 1/2 size larger.

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2020 at 3:11 PM, kneehighs said:

Wondering if this Danish gentleman @_etwas.anders is a member here...

His Significant Other @madsen.marlene seems supportive too.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/0AKBG6PZ/

Oooops, I see a trading view chart link there.  Totally by accident.  

On 6/28/2020 at 8:11 PM, kneehighs said:

Wondering if this Danish gentleman @_etwas.anders is a member here...

His Significant Other @madsen.marlene seems supportive too.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/0AKBG6PZ/

I have @_etwas.anders on Instagram too, looks a very interesting character, don’t know if he’s on here too though 

Seeing both these guys doing their thing certainly makes me think this is precisely what most of the members here would like to see. Men expressing themselves with fashion in ways that are neither underwriting any gay status nor trying to "pass" as female. Sort of like how females have been wearing things obviously intended for men and just go about their business without worry of some hierarchy placing some of label on them. But really the only way to find and enjoy yourself and that new sense of fashion freedom is to get out there and do it like these two are and the way many of our members do.

As for you mlroseplant, my Iowa neighbour, I know how you look since I've seen you in-person a number of times now. You are unafraid and unapologetic but at the same time don't appear "threatening" to anyone. Your best trait I suspect is the good heart you carry. Not untypical of many Iowans really. That is what truly matters once we are gone and the only fabric left of our existence is the knowledge (and perhaps the wisdom) we shared with those around us. The undeniable need to interact with others, to listen and be listened to, to watch and be watched, and to use the five senses to the best of our collective ability seems to be the foundation of the human experience. It is the unspoken reason why forums like this one exist. It may not help all who view it or post on it but the fact it has helped many many people understand themselves better than before and given rise to something else needed to properly enjoy the human journey: CONFIDENCE. It only come from experience and knowledge. Confidence inspires people all over the world and this forum does a pretty good job as a conduit of human kindness and understanding. And that's what I have to say about that. :cheeky: HinH

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

@_Etwas.anders girlfriend made a comment on the linked post.  I found it especially powerful because most women are afraid to be with a romantic partner who wears heels because they're afraid of losing social status.  "What if my friends laugh at me?"  "What if other people point?"  

She addresses that fear in a way that I hope more women heed "But we kept on exploring and we have found that most people think that we are brave, cool, inspiring - and a bunch of other lovely adjectives that make me blush🥰" 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

#FemBoyFriday is a new hashtag trend on both TikTok and Instagram.  It's quite popular with the Gen-Z and young Millennial crowd.  An entire generation is supportive of gender fluid dressing now.  That includes men in heels.

The change we've all wanted for decades is finally here.  While the fashion styles may not be what some wanted, the change in the underlying attitude towards gender fluid dressing is noteworthy.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/3az4nn/femboys-tiktok-fashion-gen-z

Seth echoes the sentiment: “Men often conflate femininity with weakness, when that is not at all the case.” Dressing femininely makes him feel liberated from societal restraints, he explains, and “people need to see men disregard traditional norms to deconstruct the toxic beliefs they’ve been taught – visibility is the first step necessary for change”.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, kneehighs said:

#FemBoyFriday is a new hashtag trend on both TikTok and Instagram.  It's quite popular with the Gen-Z and young Millennial crowd.  An entire generation is supportive of gender fluid dressing now.  That includes men in heels.

The change we've all wanted for decades is finally here.  While the fashion styles may not be what some wanted, the change in the underlying attitude towards gender fluid dressing is noteworthy.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/3az4nn/femboys-tiktok-fashion-gen-z

That article was most interesting. I found it satisfying to have read that the young are leading the charge for gender fluid dressing. Meanwhile, I'm perfectly fine with the generational gap when it comes to fashion which is forever open to personal interpretation.

• Like 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I am not into skirts, but I would like the option to be able wear one every once in a while. I wear whatever fits and like with no regard to where it came from.  It can only benefit me if the Gen-Z and Millennial crowd push the gender fluid dressing further. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonC said:

I guess this trend is ok if you like skirts and sneakers.

I can agree, but the younger ladies seem to pull that look off fairly enough. Older women seem to be into gym wear, which I find to be somewhat lazy...

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 9:46 PM, chesterx said:

Older women seem to be into gym wear, which I find to be somewhat lazy...

Ya' think?   lol

I was in a Target store today and while walking through I heard what sounded like someone in heels.  I had to take a look.  Turned out to be a nice looking woman in a dress and a pair of nude colored stilettos with maybe a 3.5-4" heel.  It's probably been at least six months since I've seen a woman in heels of any kind so it sure was a nice sight to see.  Made my day!

On 8/25/2020 at 11:08 AM, Gudulitooo said:

https://www.gq.com/gallery/best-dressed-men-of-the-week-9-9-19

Best dressed men of the week !

Sorry if it is a repost.

Thanks for sharing.  Attached a screen shot of Luka Sabbat for those who haven't clicked and scrolled through.

11 minutes ago, RonC said:

Ya' think?   lol

I was in a Target store today and while walking through I heard what sounded like someone in heels.  I had to take a look.  Turned out to be a nice looking woman in a dress and a pair of nude colored stilettos with maybe a 3.5-4" heel.  It's probably been at least six months since I've seen a woman in heels of any kind so it sure was a nice sight to see.  Made my day!

Literally since the March lockdowns, I've counted 2 women in heels in NYC.  Maybe I'm subject to confirmation bias, but there just isn't a lot of opportunity for contextually appropriate heel wearing lately here in NYC's Blader Runner 2049 environment.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 3.47.44 PM.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fashionablefun said:

High heeled boots on men is now a season. That's positive news. 

Not a season but a destination!

I'm going to use that line but tweak it  more like "it's cut-edge fashion" or "ahead of the curve fashion". Especially when I have my knee high stilettos on.:)

Edited by Cali

17 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

That gallery is from a year ago.  We need to keep the "season" going!  

It seems more and more feasible for us having big feet :

ASOS, a nearly normal brand, now proposes heelded shoes for men (here the french website), with an appropriate selection filter AND round toe boots that are not Santiags, AND at a normal shoe price (< 100€) AND in my size.

Ok only come in black, but heh it's a (planet alignment) start ?

image.thumb.png.ebcbd936b4d5ae2b6eae01ef55093de8.pngASOS DESIGN - Bottines Chelsea en cuir à talons avec bout rond et semelle noire - NoirASOS DESIGN - Bottines chelsea à talons en cuir avec fermeture éclair et semelle compensée - Noir

Edited by Gudulitooo
  • Like 3

Agree that the trend does seem to be building.  I've been seeing fits posted in r/malefashion with the ASOS heels.  They are accessibly priced for people who want to try the look, and so far the response has been pretty positive.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gudulitooo said:

It seems more and more feasible for us having big feet :

ASOS, a nearly normal brand, now proposes heelded shoes for men (here the french website), with an appropriate selection filter AND round toe boots that are not Santiags, AND at a normal shoe price (< 100€) AND in my size.

Ok only come in black, but heh it's a (planet alignment) start ?

Wow, wow, wow!!!  Great find!

Globally, there are over 20 million active customers on asos.com, which the retailer defines as “having shopped in the last twelve months as at 31 August 2019.  Statista

This is great news!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 10:36 PM, RonC said:

Ya' think?   lol

Hope you told her so!