Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

Hopefully we have come full circle, and now we all understand one another. I would like to leave this discussion with one final thought. I realize that social media has become an integral part of the way we interact and communicate with each other, and indeed with the world. However, let us not place upon it more importance than it deserves. It is in many ways a fantasy land, having little to do with real life and real social interactions. This is of course not universally true, and maybe not even mostly true, but it is certainly somewhat true. Let me give you an example from my own life. If I were to post the following photos on my Instagram or wherever, one might come to many different conclusions about my social life, and most probably all of them would be wrong. The fact is, I have no "social life" with any of these girls, even though it certainly looks in these photographs as though I do. The problem with social media is that there is often very little backstory, and to me that is most of what makes up worthwhile and valuable social interactions.

BGGirls.JPG

ThaoKiss.JPG

• Like 1

Social media can be (and is for some), very destructive.  Use it at your own risk....  

Enjoy your heels, it's more fun than social media.....    Smile...   sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I suppose that is the paradox of social media.  On one hand, we are looking for all these examples on social media of men wearing heels out and about in regular life, and on the other hand, folks who do so feel it is so regular and normal that it doesn’t merit taking a picture and posting about.  

• Like 2

On 4/26/2020 at 9:17 AM, mlroseplant said:

Hopefully we have come full circle, and now we all understand one another. I would like to leave this discussion with one final thought. I realize that social media has become an integral part of the way we interact and communicate with each other, and indeed with the world. However, let us not place upon it more importance than it deserves. It is in many ways a fantasy land, having little to do with real life and real social interactions. This is of course not universally true, and maybe not even mostly true, but it is certainly somewhat true. Let me give you an example from my own life. If I were to post the following photos on my Instagram or wherever, one might come to many different conclusions about my social life, and most probably all of them would be wrong. The fact is, I have no "social life" with any of these girls, even though it certainly looks in these photographs as though I do. The problem with social media is that there is often very little backstory, and to me that is most of what makes up worthwhile and valuable social interactions.

Hopefully people understand that any photo in any context can affect backstory.  It's not a challenge unique to social media.

Take for example these photos of Denmark under COVID quarantine.  Violations of physical distancing can look worse than they really are depending on the photo techniques deployed (angles, lenses, distance from subjects).

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2020-04-26-hvor-taet-er-folk-paa-hinanden-disse-billeder-er-taget-samtidig-men-viser-to

6bff184f-ee7d-4cf4-959c-80482a4d8e30.jpg

Edited by kneehighs
spelling
  • Like 3

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Yes, newspapers and news websites have been using that trick with the telephoto with depressing regularity lately to try to drum up controversy, discontent, and to stir things up so they have something  they can report on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Yes, newspapers and news websites have been using that trick with the telephoto with depressing regularity lately to try to drum up controversy, discontent, and to stir things up so they have something  they can report on. 

Yes they obtained closure of public parks and beaches in France this way.

This is a pity as these are the only places many people could be alone (especially in cool months march-april brrrrrr)

Edited by Gudulitooo
  • Like 1

They’d have done it in their own. The virus is a big and long running story, but after the initial splashy headlines and lockdowns there’s not that much to write about in terms of action - certainly not enough to supply a demand for 24/7 breaking news. This is a slow moving story that will take months to resolve. So they try to stir up some action, some controversy to give them something newsy to fill the the papers and websites

It was worrying (but perhaps not surprising) to see on British TV some journalists/reporters/photographers clearly congregating too closely together at some of the briefings and other newsworthy events during the earlier stages of the present situation.   A very obvious example was when Boris Johnson was admitted to hospital and a gaggle of reporters and photographers were crowded closely together on the pavement at the hospital entrance.   I wonder where the police were on that occasion - too busy ticketing someone taking a necessary breather on a park bench, no doubt?   But the situation has since improved with proper spacing of those at briefings, or interviews being conducted via a video link.

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Photographers might be obliged to do that, to get the best perspective for a shot, but there is no reason for journalists to do so. There is no best angle for obtaining a quote.

No 'best angle' in the trigonometrical sense, anyway!    I can see the photographers' needs - although not really what was going to be so vital  and unmissable as a subject in this case - but why there was no apparent police intervention was surprising.   Any two or more individuals congregating closely in public were (and are) being firmly 'moved on' if detected.

Same as with the US Vice President visiting the Mayo Clinic and resuming to wear a mask although it was supposedly mandatory for all visitor to the medical complex to wear one. He was the only person in the entire party who didn't - yet nobody spoke up.

4 hours ago, Puffer said:

Any two or more individuals congregating closely in public were (and are) being firmly 'moved on' if detected.

Even if they are from the same family and sleep in the same bed every night?

1 hour ago, p1ng74 said:

There are probably some power happy badge flashers doing that kind of thing, but they’d be rare. That is not the law or the guidance for social distancing. At least not here in the UK

7 hours ago, Shyheels said:

There are probably some power happy badge flashers doing that kind of thing, but they’d be rare. That is not the law or the guidance for social distancing. At least not here in the UK

Obviously I haven't stepped foot into a city now in weeks, but I can't even imagine how such a thing is enforced.  Keyboard and "citizen policing" is already totally out of control with people just virtue signalling and criticizing other people's behaviors without any desire to understand or empathize with their situation.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, p1ng74 said:

Obviously I haven't stepped foot into a city now in weeks, but I can't even imagine how such a thing is enforced.  Keyboard and "citizen policing" is already totally out of control with people just virtue signalling and criticizing other people's behaviors without any desire to understand or empathize with their situation.  

Yes, there’s plenty of that going on. I contribute to a cycling forum and some of the posters there are right off the wall, with self righteous people descending into a purity spiral. Scary to think of such people out there - and so many of them

8 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

No - assuming that the relationship is established, if not obvious.   Quite a lot of TV footage of police in the early days of UK lockdown challenging people who were not apparently 'social distancing' or appeared to be outdoors for some (allegedly) forbidden purpose, including taking a brief rest whilst legitimately exercising.   The situation has become rather more sensible in the last couple of weeks, with police and other self-important (If usually well-meaning) officials recognising the limits of their powers and the common-sense being shown by most people in public.   There have been exceptions where fines have rightly been imposed, e.g. a whole gang of people (not just a family group who live together) having a party or barbecue.

11 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Same as with the US Vice President visiting the Mayo Clinic and resuming to wear a mask although it was supposedly mandatory for all visitor to the medical complex to wear one. He was the only person in the entire party who didn't - yet nobody spoke up.

Maybe he’ll get sick?  Ya think?

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

23 hours ago, Shyheels said:

That pissed me off royally. I blame the people at Mayo who kowtowed to Pence instead enforcing the rules and making him wear a mask, to hell with his position as Vice President.

• Like 5

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

Kinda miss the original point of this topic.

Do you suppose Mike Pence has ever worn heels? Come to think of it, if I were visiting Mayo Clinic, I would certainly wear heels. Actually, I hope I never have to visit there. That would probably mean something bad happened.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

Do you suppose Mike Pence has ever worn heels? Come to think of it, if I were visiting Mayo Clinic, I would certainly wear heels. Actually, I hope I never have to visit there. That would probably mean something bad happened.

Yes, people don't usually go there on a lark...

As for Mike Pence, given his rigid religiosity and arch conservatism, I'm guessing he's got a closet full of heels....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gee shyheels, that is a very insightful observation....  thank you....

I hear YOUR guy jeremy corbin likes to go full drag most of the time....  

Let stop the political sniping, it ain't cool.  Even the tech has said the same. several times.  

As for me, as a United States Citizen, I think President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence are doing a wonderful job, given the impossible challenges their administration is facing.  

Lets all relax our sphincters.  

Back to enjoying my high heels.....  smile   sf

• Like 3

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I don’t know if you’re aware of this but Jeremy Corbyn isn’t the prime minister. Never was. He might have done better if he had been in drag - the whole cardigan thing he had going was so student-bedsit

Edited by Shyheels

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I doubt Pence has ever thought about, or worn heels, he just doesn't seem to have any personality at all

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Yes, people don't usually go there on a lark...

As for Mike Pence, given his rigid religiosity and arch conservatism, I'm guessing he's got a closet full of heels....

Never thought of it that way....Perhaps you are correct...

Why on earth would anyone ever be concerned whether or not our Vice President ever worn heels?  Would that be a derogatory reflection on his character?  If it is, perhaps each one of us should look into a mirror?

Edited by Bubba136

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.