Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

12 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

He is the perfection 

Exactly what I try to look like. 

12 hours ago, pebblesf said:

You are so right, this man has done a lot to help men wearing heels in the direction of "mainstream"....  Sure wish I could pull it off so well....

Love the black jeans and great Paul Bonds

5 hours ago, JeffB said:

This gentleman is amazing! More power to him!

I think he symbolizes the ultimate aspirational hhplace.org member: stylish, fearless enough to show his face, and even put his own money and time into manufacturing a heels for men line.  

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 2

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

14 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Shout out to the designer Laurentin Cosmos, who actually has "skin in the game".  

http://90c515c419.testurl.ws/laurentin/

Finally, a dude outside of HHP that actually looks like he belongs in heels, and not no Harry Styles "pretender" heels, either! I did, however, want to keep yelling at the video, "Git yer damn hands outta yer damn pockets!"

• Haha 1

Interesting video. The streets were not crowded yet I failed to see any meaningful reaction to him. Either people know who he is and he is given commensurate latitude or this section of Italy just has no discernible reaction to him. Indeed seeing someone outside the HHP sphere does lift my spirits indeed. I'm glad he's around and doing his thing even I think it's unlikely I'd ever be wearing any of his creations. At least they are made in the EU to respectable standards. I believe that's important. HinH

1 hour ago, kneehighs said:

I think he symbolizes the ultimate aspirational hhplace.org member: stylish, fearless enough to show his face, and even put his own money and time into manufacturing a heels for men line.  

Yes! I couldn't agree more! He has style, flair and, more importantly....boldness! Traits I greatly admire and appreciate in heelers/fashion freestylers.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 1/19/2020 at 4:06 AM, HappyinHeels said:

Interesting video. The streets were not crowded yet I failed to see any meaningful reaction to him. Either people know who he is and he is given commensurate latitude or this section of Italy just has no discernible reaction to him. Indeed seeing someone outside the HHP sphere does lift my spirits indeed. I'm glad he's around and doing his thing even I think it's unlikely I'd ever be wearing any of his creations. At least they are made in the EU to respectable standards. I believe that's important. HinH

"I'm glad he's around and doing his thing even I think it's unlikely I'd ever be wearing any of his creations." - Just curious, HinH, is that based on style or price?  

Edited by RonC

10 hours ago, RonC said:

"I'm glad he's around and doing his thing even I think it's unlikely I'd ever be wearing any of his creations." - Just curious, HinH, is that based on style or price?  

For me, it would absolutely be based on price alone. I actually kind of like most of his things, though there are precious few to choose from. None of the shoes or boots are hideous, unlike most designers' "men's" high heels collections. The bags are not all that exciting, but then, I'm not a Bag Guy. If anything, I can't really tell any difference between his half dozen shoes and boots and anybody else's, it's just that his go up to EU 46.

What I really want to know is where can I get a pair of pumps like he's wearing in the video posted above? I imagine they're Louboutins, not his own shoes.

6 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

For me, it would absolutely be based on price alone. I actually kind of like most of his things, though there are precious few to choose from. None of the shoes or boots are hideous, unlike most designers' "men's" high heels collections. The bags are not all that exciting, but then, I'm not a Bag Guy. If anything, I can't really tell any difference between his half dozen shoes and boots and anybody else's, it's just that his go up to EU 46.

What I really want to know is where can I get a pair of pumps like he's wearing in the video posted above? I imagine they're Louboutins, not his own shoes.

Can somebody here, who's more up on luxury fashion identification, confirm the make and model of his pumps? The red sole suggests CL, but are they really? Whatever they are, I like them as well. 

If my memory serves me correctly, the pumps he is wearing in the video are a style that was previously offered.  I believe he had the chunkier heel style a couple years ago when I first saw his products.  I could be convinced, however, that I can't remember sh**, ...lol.

• Thanks 1

Man heels in pic 2 of the following slideshow.  I know it doesn't appeal to the buying power of the more conservative audience here, but alas, the world's purchasing power is much bigger than the isolated consumer population of hhplace.org. 

I think the macro level shift of menswear spending on symbols of traditional femininity (pastels, skirts, pearl jewelry) broadens the foundation for men in heels to be "no big deal"

https://www.vogue.com/article/fall-2020-menswear-biggest-street-style-trends?mbid=social_twitter_vr&utm_medium=social&utm_social-type=owned&utm_campaign=runway&utm_brand=vogue&utm_source=twitter

MILAN-MENS-STREETSTYLE-PHILOH-DAY4%25252

Two of the key trends in men’s fashion right now exist at completely opposite poles: First, there’s the rise of a softer, gentler kind of menswear, comprised of pastels, skirts, and even pearl jewelry. It’s in step with culture’s changing views on masculinity and the looks we’ve seen on the fall 2020 runways: At Dior Men, Kim Jones proposed a new era of couture for guys, while designers like Ludovic de Saint Sernin rarely consider gender at all when they design, whether they’re making blazers or silk underwear.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 2

I don't know about the rest of him, but there ain't nothing wrong with that coat. To be sure, if I were going to pay a lot of money for it, I'd want it to be more of a fuscia color, but if it were a thrift store kind of a thing, I'd be fine with it just the way it is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Looks like a horse blanket.

What stops  you from putting some skin in the game and posting a photo of your style?  It would give much more weight to your opinions than pseudo anonymous arm chair critiques.

47 minutes ago, kneehighs said:

What stops  you from putting some skin in the game and posting a photo of your style?  It would give much more weight to your opinions than pseudo anonymous arm chair critiques.

Perhaps I don’t care if my opinions hold weight with you or not. In fact, there’s no perhaps about it.

• Like 1

I would wear that coat. Pink is just not my color. I also don't like the style of the jacket, the boots are okay.

I did get a fuchsia faux suede jacket for my Halloween costume that I do plan to wear. Thinking of pairing it with a black dress shirt or turtleneck and black leggings, burnt red heels.I had many women ask if I would sale them the jacket when I wore it for Halloween.

Interesting coat - - I could wear that , but it better be easily wash as it would get dirty just way to fast out here in the stick. - It's one of a the reasons I don't have much in light colors in anything I wear.

Just sayin - - 

9 hours ago, Heelster said:

Interesting coat - - I could wear that , but it better be easily wash as it would get dirty just way to fast out here in the stick. - It's one of a the reasons I don't have much in light colors in anything I wear.

Just sayin - - 

I think we're all focusing on the colo(u)r of that coat, and not its exact style. You would never make a horse blanket that color, @Shyheels, simply because you'd never keep it that color for long, so what's the point? I ran into this problem only yesterday with my BLACK outfit, which I sullied just getting out of the car. This time of year in the Midwest USA is horrible for trying to keep anything clean.

I wasn't focussing on the colour at all, but the style. The colour's irrelevant. Indeed, I specifically said I had no objection to the colour, or to the colour pink in general but that I had every objection to its style. The coat - in its styling - reminds me of a horse blanket. It doesn't make any difference whether one would or would not make a horse blanket in hot pink. That's irrelevant. The styling of that coat reminds me of one, and is just about as appealing to wear. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I wasn't focussing on the colour at all, but the style. The colour's irrelevant. Indeed, I specifically said I had no objection to the colour, or to the colour pink in general but that I had every objection to its style. The coat - in its styling - reminds me of a horse blanket. It doesn't make any difference whether one would or would not make a horse blanket in hot pink. That's irrelevant. The styling of that coat reminds me of one, and is just about as appealing to wear. 

Thank you for clarifying that. And looking back through the thread, yes you did, in fact, say you had no objection to the color. I missed that, and I'm somewhat embarrassed that I did.

• Like 1