Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

Well, speaking as a vet (who NEVER saw combat - thank God - but we were ready), I would say that without a doubt going into combat takes a LOT of courage, bravery, fearlessness and many other adjectives.  Combat can get you killed.  

Wearing high heels in public can get you laughed at or ridiculed or even complimented, but not killed.  Hopefully.  But I admit wearing high heels in public does take courage, at least until, you realize that it is not that big a deal....   I was glad that I was able to experience both....  

Have fun......  sf  

• Like 3

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

SF - no mention of your choice in toe color?  Maybe if it was red, white, and blue.  I get 1 - 2 compliments a week from women and 1 about every 3-4 months from men. I think the difference is heel height, with at least a 4 inch heel mine are usually more noticeable.

20 minutes ago, SF said:

Well, speaking as a vet (who NEVER saw combat - thank God - but we were ready), I would say that without a doubt going into combat takes a LOT of courage, bravery, fearlessness and many other adjectives.  Combat can get you killed.  

Wearing high heels in public can get you laughed at or ridiculed or even complimented, but not killed.  Hopefully.  But I admit wearing high heels in public does take courage, at least until, you realize that it is not that big a deal....   I was glad that I was able to experience both....  

Have fun......  sf  

Thank you, and others I know here as well, for your service to our country.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SF said:

Have fun......  sf  

I'm also a veteran (Navy: 1976-1996) who never saw combat, but yeah, the courage it takes to go into battle, knowing full well you might not return home alive is considerable, making our little public forays in women's shoes amateur night in Dixie.

• Like 4

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

A few years ago when one of our cricketing stars was pining about all the pressure professional cricketers played under these days, a much, much older cricketing star who had also been a fighter pilot in WWII was swift to correct him, pointing out that that wasn't pressure. They were just playing a game. Pressure, he said, "was having a Messerschmidt on your ass."  

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 6

Yeah, I have only had a few compliments from guys, but it sure felt good.....

Thanks to all the vets in our group here...Can't even imagine what it must feel like to purposely walk towards danger like guns and bombs.  God bless you all...

Bubba136, I think you were just making somewhat of a joke as to how some people feel about wearing heels in public, but I don't think one can quite compare wearing heels to going into combat.  I cannot imagine what that would be like.   Thanks to any who have served.

1 hour ago, RonC said:

Bubba136, I think you were just making somewhat of a joke as to how some people feel about wearing heels in public, but I don't think one can quite compare wearing heels to going into combat.  I cannot imagine what that would be like.   Thanks to any who have served.

True. We (people who have never seen war) simply cannot comprehend what it is like, and thus do not have the proper frame of reference for comparison. Yes, activities where you can get killed are on several levels above guy-heeling. I am fortunate, and very grateful, that I have the luxury to explore my inner self, and my desires to wear heels, unlike those battling for their existence.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

SF,

She was just hitting on you because you're so handsome! LOL Actually it goes further than that. She loved your confidence. Women find confidence in men to be very sexy. But I agree with her, those are seriously good looking heeled sandals. 

Steve

• Like 2

There is good reason nobody here wants to imagine what combat looks like and those who were in it don't enjoy talking about it. My time in the Navy (1980-85) was far shorter than JeffB but it unfortunately included a trip as a linguist to Lebanon in 1983. There is a scene in "Saving Private Ryan" where American soldiers are behind cover in a house and, as a German soldier advances, a soldier pops out and puts one right into the German's neck. He hit the jugular and the German bled out within 15 seconds. Fast forward to 1983 and one of the Marines with me killed a Syrian soldier with the same shot. It was the exact moment that Syrian soldier's eyes met ours that the true horror (and folly) of war hits one senses. That moment is what stays with you and bothers you. Sure, you must live by the maxim; take down your enemy lest he do the same to you if given the chance. The government (many governments actually) spend lots of money and time training one how to shoot, kill, get information, and not nearly as much money and time tending to those who executed the plans and are traumatized by it. From my viewpoint personally, and after talking to veterans from the two Gulf Wars, Vietnam, Korea, and WWII the close encounters where one sees the eyes of those killed is what haunts them.  If you a veteran and never saw combat consider yourself blessed. If you did see it then you already know all about it. Medals and ribbons and citations don't mask the scars for long. There are and were many veterans who didn't wear all their ribbons. I enjoyed 95% of my time in the Navy but this 5% was not pleasant or enjoyable at all. But it was a possibility when I signed on the dotted line. I still fly the flag and salute all who have served with me, before me, and after me. HappyinHeels

• Like 4

Ray Maurice Instagrammed about his less than positive experience shopping at DSW 4 days ago in Baltimore, MD.  Interesting to read the comments.

• Like 2

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Good for Ray who chose not to put up with the sort of nonsense from that saleswoman. I mean, why should she care who buys what as long as people buy stuff? Isn't that the goal of being in retail? I wonder if he reported that harridan to the store's manager? By the way, he looked damn good in those heels!

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 1

Hmmmmm....  To bad he had such a negative experience.  I have tried on gals shoes in the store many times, usually I am ignored and the few times I have been noticed I get neutral or positive comments.  I would have mentioned something to the manager as well.  Don't let this gentleman's experience dissuade you.  

And yes, I do like his choice of shoes, hey look nice, but that style would not be for me.  

Have fun all....   sf

• Like 3

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I had a somewhat milder of a response when buying women's sneakers at the Superga Store in Soho

The sales lady told me "the men's section is in the back"

I kept shopping through the women's section.  I asked if a certain model with gold trimmed lace hoops were available.  She coldly said no. 

Definitely was made to feel like I was doing something wrong shopping in the women's section.

This was about one month ago.

All for SNEAKERS, lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Too bad for Ray. I have always had great experiences at DSW. The sales clerks are always helpful to me with my shoe shopping. I have no problems with trying on heels or boots at DSW. I often get compliments on my look, when I'm wearing my  heels, sandals or boots. One time one of the salesclerks (who knew me) complimented me just like SF (above post), when she said, "you rock those sandals" Of course the sandals were from DSW and I  was sporting a nice red pedi.

One of the first places I check at DSW, is the clearance rack. I've bought many pairs of shoes and boots from that rack. It's always a great shopping experience for me, at DSW.

Several years ago, DSW had a national shoe lovers day. I got my pic taken with several staff members. I was wearing a pair of  heels and I sported a red tee saying DSW, National Shoe Lovers Day. That was a great experience and that pic went viral. I think that I still may have that tee.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kneehighs said:

All for SNEAKERS, lol.

Can you imagine what you would have got if you asked for heels ;-) 

2 hours ago, bluejay said:

I think that I still may have that tee.

more importantly - do you still have those heels ;-) 

I once had the sale associate tell me I was looking at women's shoes while shopping a factory New Balance store. I told that associate that I was looking form shoes that fit and men's shoes didn't. She then help me find what I wanted. 

I have never had a DSW employee behave like that. I would have talked with the manager if this person had continued. More often than not, the DSW employees help me look for the size I want.

I can’t help but wonder if these people are being trained in proper customer service techniques and that priority one is to NOT antagonize shoppers willing to spend money. That just doesn’t make a lick of sense. Something else I wonder about, if a woman was in the men’s area looking for shoes, would she have been treated as shabbily as a man in the women’s section?

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, JeffB said:

I can’t help but wonder if these people are being trained in proper customer service techniques and that priority one is to NOT antagonize shoppers willing to spend money. That just doesn’t make a lick of sense. Something else I wonder about, if a woman was in the men’s area looking for shoes, would she have been treated as shabbily as a man in the women’s section?

I agree, I don't think any amount of training would have helped here.  This woman is either jealous or has some old fashioned notions.  In any event, she is just hurting herself, not going to make many sales...   He looks amazing in those heels, I'm so jealous..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I agree, I don't think any amount of training would have helped here.  This woman is either jealous or has some old fashioned notions.  In any event, she is just hurting herself, not going to make many sales...   He looks amazing in those heels, I'm so jealous..

Not to mention potentially hurting the store. In today’s social media age, word gets around fast about stores that don’t treat customers right.

4 hours ago, JeffB said:

And this time of year he could easily have been shopping for Christmas presents. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SF said:

Hmmmmm....  To bad he had such a negative experience.  I have tried on gals shoes in the store many times, usually I am ignored and the few times I have been noticed I get neutral or positive comments.  I would have mentioned something to the manager as well.  Don't let this gentleman's experience dissuade you.  

And yes, I do like his choice of shoes, hey look nice, but that style would not be for me.  

Have fun all....   sf

I was at a Payless and got the "Wrong Section " comments - - -one of the reasons I wasn't to upset with their closing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve63130 said:

I've always had good service at DSW, and I've never been treated badly. Even when I was with Bluejay, I was treated well! HA HA HA!

Steve

Agreed Steve - The DSW near you that recently expanded has always been good.

• Like 1

Harry Styles arguably one of the most in demand celebs of the moment

This pic used THREE times already on his insta

What more could we ask for?   

mic drop

P.S. I was at a London hotel party where Styles was sitting two tables away from me.  I was with a group of 3 girls.  My friends (3 girls) bullied the girls at the table between Harry and us out. It wasn’t a shouting match, but was pure emotional manipulation (I don’t approve FYI)  I’ve never seen such cut throat behavior for a guy.  

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

I did see him on TV recently and he was wearing a similar heel.  That is great.  I like that he is wearing a sleeker boot with no platform and while it is a chunky heel, it is not a large blocky one.  Looks very nice.

• Like 1

Glad someone appreciates the progress.

Funny how there's a few people here who will quickly complain of public images of men in heels as being too gay or too fringe...

and then when an image that is more conservative on a celeb comes forth, not even a positive statement of gratitude.

Wouldn’t expect anything else either 

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1