Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

12 hours ago, Puffer said:

Would you wear boots like that on your Costa jaunts?

I've worn boots like to those to places like supermarkets, Best Buy, even Home Depot. It's no big deal really.

• Like 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Similar look to what I wear some weekends, knocking around the house. I have a pair of Pleaser thigh stiletto heeled boots and wear them with skinny jeans and a long sleeved work shirt fixing things around the house. I replaced a toilet one Saturday in that outfit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pumped said:

Similar look to what I wear some weekends, knocking around the house. I have a pair of Pleaser thigh stiletto heeled boots and wear them with skinny jeans and a long sleeved work shirt fixing things around the house. I replaced a toilet one Saturday in that outfit.

An outfit like that must make even the most dreaded home chores somewhat enjoyable.  I love the way Fernando Berlin has started to use guys to model his boots, very smart marketing technique indeed.  The heels on those boots seem somewhat rugged for most conditions.  Would love to see some pics of pumped doing his chores!

And yet another pro men in heels article from US Vogue.  Again written by Christian Allaire.  He does a great job keeping up to date on which male celebs are wearing heels.

https://www.vogue.com/vogueworld/article/marc-jacobs-hiking-shoes-rick-owens-heels

• Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

3 hours ago, kneehighs said:

And yet another pro men in heels article from US Vogue.  Again written by Christian Allaire.  He does a great job keeping up to date on which male celebs are wearing heels.

https://www.vogue.com/vogueworld/article/marc-jacobs-hiking-shoes-rick-owens-heels

Oh yeah, THOSE are cute! :penitent:

10 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Agreed, they don't suit me either.  But who am I to judge. 

BEATS 2004, when we had to crusade for awareness (Arctic, JeffB, Bubba and a few others were around then). 

Back then style.com was the "online home of Vogue, W" and was the single most powerful site in the fashion industry.  TheFashionSpot.com was the other, but that was a message board. 

Style.com (the modern Vogue) deleted my heels for men thread.  Now they are supportive of men in heels.  

*off topic...me thinks my belief in Bitcoin will enjoy the same justice with time.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kneehighs said:

Agreed, they don't suit me either.  But who am I to judge. 

BEATS 2004, when we had to crusade for awareness (Arctic, JeffB, Bubba and a few others were around then). 

Back then style.com was the "online home of Vogue, W" and was the single most powerful site in the fashion industry.  TheFashionSpot.com was the other, but that was a message board. 

Style.com (the modern Vogue) deleted my heels for men thread.

*off topic...me thinks my belief in Bitcoin will enjoy the same justice with time.

It does beat 2004, I too was around then as well and remember both TheFashionSpot.com and the Elle thread you started. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fashionablefun said:

It does beat 2004, I too was around then as well and remember both TheFashionSpot.com and the Elle thread you started. 

OMG, I didn't mean to leave you out of the names I referenced.  Apologies!

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 4:59 AM, mlroseplant said:

Those Rick Owens Kiss platforms came up again in r/malefashion today in my unrelated submission that generated quite a bit of dialogue.  I remembered that almost all of Rick’s models walked the runway this year in those platforms, and interestingly the heels felt more like a string of continuity rather than a direct shout out to heels.  There is a significance to the way the Kiss platforms interact specifically with the rest of the pieces in Rick’s outfits, and I think some of that may be lost when looking at the shoes the way the Marc Jacobs wears them.  

In short, I feel like platforms, when done in a way that looks good on men, are rock star shoes.  The rest of the look would have to support that rock star aesthetic and personality.  The role that the Kiss platforms play in our high heeled adventures is somewhat tangential, but the original spirit of them does not work against us I think.  Many of us do have heels in a more appropriate style, and use them as a string of continuity in our overall style, rather than shouting for attention towards them...

Edited by p1ng74
Typo

11 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Many of us do have heels in a more appropriate style, and use them as a string of continuity in our overall style, rather than shouting for attention towards them.

Shorts shorts and knee high boots might be an exception. But shorts and heels of any type might also be an exception.

On 11/1/2019 at 12:46 AM, p1ng74 said:

In short, I feel like platforms, when done in a way that looks good on men, are rock star shoes.  The rest of the look would have to support that rock star aesthetic and personality.  The role that the Kiss platforms play in our high heeled adventures is somewhat tangential, but the original spirit of them does not work against us I think.  Many of us do have heels in a more appropriate style, and use them as a string of continuity in our overall style, rather than shouting for attention towards them...

I guess my thoughts on that are, yeah, you're right, but yeah, huge flatforms like that just look terrible on the harsh daylight of the street, off of the stage.

17 hours ago, Cali said:

Shorts shorts and knee high boots might be an exception. But shorts and heels of any type might also be an exception.

I do not think that short shorts necessarily exist to show off your shoes alone. I have figured out that wearing shorter shorts with high sandals makes my legs seem like they're actually long and nice looking. That's a calculation that goes beyond just the shoes themselves. Boots and shorts? You may be right, because a high boot will cut your legs right in half, eliminating any elongating effect of the shorts. I would never wear such a combination for that reason alone. If a person already has naturally long legs, he might get by with it and look OK.

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I guess my thoughts on that are, yeah, you're right, but yeah, huge flatforms like that just look terrible on the harsh daylight of the street, off of the stage.

It depends on what the thought is in the overall outfit.  r/malefashion is nuts over fits like this:

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I do not think that short shorts necessarily exist to show off your shoes alone. I have figured out that wearing shorter shorts with high sandals makes my legs seem like they're actually long and nice looking. That's a calculation that goes beyond just the shoes themselves. Boots and shorts? You may be right, because a high boot will cut your legs right in half, eliminating any elongating effect of the shorts. I would never wear such a combination for that reason alone. If a person already has naturally long legs, he might get by with it and look OK.

Agree, John Wayne was not showcasing his sandals when he wore this:

https://imgur.com/gallery/CpAEjaD

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SF said:

Smokin’ too....  Looks cool.....    sf

Yeah, looks like JW was letting his sexy side out, very cool...

1 hour ago, p1ng74 said:

It depends on what the thought is in the overall outfit.  r/malefashion is nuts over fits like this:

Agree, John Wayne was not showcasing his sandals when he wore this:

https://imgur.com/gallery/CpAEjaD

Well, this guy has a look/build that would look great in most any outfit.  But, truthfully, I am not a fan of those crazy looking flared jeans with the platforms, sure hope he will try some other combinations...

11 minutes ago, Cali said:

I love the "retro chunky heel look". I have several heels in this style...these looks like my Freebird Cantis. I wear mine without socks and pants with thinner legs.

I'm sure they look great with normal pants/jeans,  I hope you are safe in Ca....

• Like 1

I have water on three sides, ocean and two lagoons so I'm not in an at-risk area. My eyes can feel the smoke from the wine country fire.

I have friends who survived the Paradise (in Paradise during the fire) and other friends in the wine country who have been evacuated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Yeah, looks like JW was letting his sexy side out, very cool...

Well, this guy has a look/build that would look great in most any outfit.  But, truthfully, I am not a fan of those crazy looking flared jeans with the platforms, sure hope he will try some other combinations...

Found him on reddit, this photo is not one of his best for sure....But, I give him credit for trying different styles.  Sure wish I could achieve his look, oh well...

23 minutes ago, Cali said:

I have water on three sides, ocean and two lagoons so I'm not in an at-risk area. My eyes can feel the smoke from the wine country fire.

I have friends who survived the Paradise (in Paradise during the fire) and other friends in the wine country who have been evacuated. 

My partners relatives were all evacuated from sonoma county, I think most of them are back now though....

And sadly JW succumbed to lung cancer....   Looking cool only goes so far.....  If smoking wasn’t so bad for ya, I would smoke all the time...   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

1 minute ago, SF said:

And sadly JW succumbed to lung cancer....   Looking cool only goes so far.....  If smoking wasn’t so bad for ya, I would smoke all the time...   sf

I had given it up years ago, now back to allowing myself to have one or two a day, especially when out and about in my boots

19 hours ago, Cali said:

I love the "retro chunky heel look". I have several heels in this style...these looks like my Freebird Cantis. I wear mine without socks and pants with thinner legs.

See, I'm just the opposite. I just cannot abide that style. In fact, I bought a pair of sandals last year that were in that same genre, and I just don't like the way they look on me. If you wore size 8 1/2, I'd just mail them to you. I think you'd totally dig them.

I am two weeks late, but a men in heels thread on r/MFA received some pretty good response!  

Seems there continues to be more guys even outside of HHP that want to wear heels.  Here is an interesting thought:

Just a few years ago, men wearing skinny jeans or showing bare ankle was seen as “gay” or whatever, and those connotations are completely gone now. Why do you think that happened, and do you see that happening in the future with high heels?”

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

If you wore size 8 1/2, I'd just mail them to you. I think you'd totally dig them.

Thanks, I'm a size 10, too bad.  These Freebird Canti heels are among my favorites, have them in two colors. Their sound on hard surfaces is a reverberating sound that resonates. They announce your arrival.

RetrobHsmall.jpg

I was still working in the leather, so I had so padding in above. One of the reasons I like them so much is they have a working adjustable strap in the front.  I was able to add an additional hole and they now work for me.  Here's the other color I have.

STEVEMADDEN-FREEBIRD_FB-CANTI_TAN.jpg

• Like 2

United Nude promotes men in heels.  Not sure their revenue, but probably around 5 million/year.  Smaller company.  Trinidad James, the rapper has worn United Nude heels, among other brands.

And Sam Smith also has worn United Nude.  

"Hey, I like your heels".......

I can't see starting a new thread, thought this may suffice.  I wear heels a lot and it has been a few years since I got my last compliment or mention of my shoes (maybe that's a good sign?). Today I was at McDonalds getting my morning coffee, and as I left the restaurant, a guy who had been in line behind me said, "Hey, I like your heels."  I was wearing one of my fav pair of sandals, a slip on pair of VanEli kitten heels - picture attached.  

The guy said they look "really cool."  I told him that I have had these shoes for several years (just bought a second pair last week - still available) and really like wearing them.  I said that it may look weird to see a man in high heels, and the guys said that I looked just fine.  

He again said that the shoes looked really nice, we then made some non shoe small talk and then went our separate ways.   

In all my high heeling years, this was only the second time a guy had complimented my choice of high heels (the other time was years ago - I was wearing the same pair, so they must look nice - ha ha).  

The encounter was pleasant and positive, a nice way to start Veterans Day!!  And as an aside, a pleasant Veterans Day to all veterans out there, thank you.....  

Continue to have fun....   sf

IMG_6518.jpg

• Like 4

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Veterans Day?  Ironic.  Some here might think it takes more courage to wear heels in public than to face an enemy in combat.  Fear is really about ridicule more than anything else.  

• Like 2

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.