Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

17 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Several men in patent high heel boots at the SS20 Margiela Show.  John Galliano is the designer.  It is a "co-ed" collection.

I can't help but wonder how much those jeans cost, probably a month's pay for me. Heck, I could buy a pair of cheap Levi's from K-Mart, take a box cutter to them and fake that look like a pro!  :giggle:

• Like 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

I can't help but wonder how much those jeans cost, probably a month's pay for me. Heck, I could buy a pair of cheap Levi's from K-Mart, take a box cutter to them and fake that look like a pro!  :giggle:

You still have a Kmart?

I wouldn't wonder too much Jeff as these runway models live in an exclusive bubble far away from the unwashed masses having to shop at Kmart or other budget stores. We'll never run into them, know how much their clothes cost, or have a conversation with them. The images of heels on men are the only interesting thing here. HinH

5 hours ago, JeffB said:

...Heck, I could buy a pair of cheap Levi's from K-Mart, take a box cutter to them and fake that look like a pro!  :giggle:

Why not!  (or go to the dark net...:cool:)

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

You still have a Kmart?

NYC still has one in Astor Place (Greenwich Village)

13 minutes ago, HappyinHeels said:

I wouldn't wonder too much Jeff as these runway models live in an exclusive bubble far away from the unwashed masses having to shop at Kmart or other budget stores. We'll never run into them, know how much their clothes cost, or have a conversation with them. The images of heels on men are the only interesting thing here. HinH

I'd venture the buyer of the runway model's clothes is more the socio-economic strata you're referring to (top 1%).  The model himself probably doesn't even get paid to walk the Margiela show.  Margiela probably tells model agents the prestige, status, and circulation is the compensation (lol, lol, lol).  

Edited by kneehighs

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

9 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

You still have a Kmart?

As a matter of fact, there is one some two or three miles west of me.

18 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

As Somebody who's modeled in the past, I can say with conviction that models rarely make enough to live on. It's a pretty weird world, and the clothes-hangers who wear the clothes don't profit from it, unless at the highest echelon. 

• Like 2

The thought occurred to me of a new definition for the word chasm. That would be the difference between the retail price of the garments displayed and the cost of their manufacture in the country of origin.I would bet the models struggle to live on the wage they're paid whilst the designer is bathing in money. Same old song! HinH

Our Blue Chip Media, freestyle fashion supporter, Christian Allaire pens another freestyle supportive article for Vogue.com.  It's about the outfit Ezra Miller wore to the Saint Laurent show at Paris Fashion Week.

https://www.vogue.com/vogueworld/article/ezra-miller-saint-laurent-show-paris-fashion-week?utm_social-type=owned&mbid=social_twitter&utm_brand=vogue&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

1177962914235465731?s=20

GettyImages-1176864604.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 4:12 AM, bambam said:

As Somebody who's modeled in the past, I can say with conviction that models rarely make enough to live on. It's a pretty weird world, and the clothes-hangers who wear the clothes don't profit from it, unless at the highest echelon. 

You were a model, very cool indeed...I'm sure you have some stories to tell.  And yes, I can only imagine that the modeling profession is a cut throat industry. 

11 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Our Blue Chip Media, freestyle fashion supporter, Christian Allaire pens another freestyle supportive article for Vogue.com.  It's about the outfit Ezra Miller wore to the Saint Laurent show at Paris Fashion Week.

https://www.vogue.com/vogueworld/article/ezra-miller-saint-laurent-show-paris-fashion-week?utm_social-type=owned&mbid=social_twitter&utm_brand=vogue&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

1177962914235465731?s=20

My, my! This young man certainly loves to stand out! Pretty cool!

On 9/28/2019 at 8:24 AM, kneehighs said:

1177962914235465731?s=20

Not a fan of the face-decoration, gives the wrong impression... Otherwise, way to go!

6 hours ago, hiddenheels said:

Not a fan of the face-decoration, gives the wrong impression... Otherwise, way to go!

Prince wore "face-decoration" yet was admired and desired by millions (of women).

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed most hiking boots have heels of an inch or just over - mine certainly do. Sturdy Vibram soles. But such is the remarkable sensitivity to any leanings towards perceived femininity in men's wear - especially as regards to heels, one of the great taboos - that any increasing in height, however small, is seen as rather daring.    

Edited by Shyheels

14 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Indeed most hiking boots have heels of an inch or just over - mine certainly do. Sturdy Vibram soles. But such is the remarkable sensitivity to any leanings towards perceived femininity in men's wear - especially as regards to heels, one of the great taboos - that any increasing in height, however small, is seen as rather daring.    

In my industry, one of the "manliest" boots you can wear are logging boots, and those always have at least a 2" heel on them. Obviously, they are a lot more rugged looking and heavier than those Gucci loafers, but still.  .  .

I guess we should be thankful to have a mainstream article which mentions men wearing heels, and the subject of whom is not wearing outlandish garb along with his heels, low though they may be.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2019 at 6:15 AM, mlroseplant said:

In my industry, one of the "manliest" boots you can wear are logging boots, and those always have at least a 2" heel on them. Obviously, they are a lot more rugged looking and heavier than those Gucci loafers, but still.  .  .

I guess we should be thankful to have a mainstream article which mentions men wearing heels, and the subject of whom is not wearing outlandish garb along with his heels, low though they may be.

Funny you should mention Logger's - The ones I usually see barely make 1-1/2"s but I did get notice that a steel mill has recently banned those from the mill.

Those heels look expensive.  Not for me, I'm a sandal guy.  But it is nice to see high heels that are for guys openly marketed.  Maybe there is some hope for us guys who like to wear high heels.  Maybe...   have fun...  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

From what I've heard, Fernando Berlin make very good quality boots, including sizes for most men. They're expenisve but probably no more so than Jean Gaborit.

Not sure how often you'd see women wearing heels like that, very rarely in the steet. OTK, high heel and platform is a very strong statement that some might misinterpret on a woman.

On 10/12/2019 at 8:28 PM, Heelster said:

Funny you should mention Logger's - The ones I usually see barely make 1-1/2"s but I did get notice that a steel mill has recently banned those from the mill.

As well they should! Those are horrible, horrible boots for a place like a steel mill, and it has nothing to do with the heels--it's the gigantic, aggressively lugged sole, just waiting to trip you up on steel grating. Don't ask me how I know this. I have limited my purchase of logging boots to exactly the one time.

On 10/17/2019 at 6:26 AM, Rockpup said:

Have you guys covered Fernando Berlin? He’s got guys modeling high heel boots. 

Well now, that's certainly interesting. I already own thigh boots, but it's cool to see them marketed in such a manner.

7 hours ago, maninboots said:

Yeah definitely mate, why wouldn’t you?

See below:

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

They are more fetish than fashion, I’d say

You have your answer - but I would respect (and admire) your choice if you did.