Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

22 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Not convinced at all it could serve our cause 

I think the real cause is the cause we have to control our own thoughts, feelings, and actions. 

We learned to stand as toddlers by holding onto a couch arm, or having someone else hold our hand.  We wobbled when we took our first steps.  But with our first steps, the world took on a different look and felt different.  The same way we learned to walk as toddlers applies to wearing heels. 

We have as much control over our steps in life now as we did then.  It just boils down to controlling our own thoughts, feelings, and actions.

IMHO, that's the real cause.

• Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

15 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Not convinced at all it could serve our cause 

Didn't think it would, but there are some minor trends that would compliment what we do. 

• Like 2

I think it is a significant trend.  There are countless people on r/malefashion who like the look of men in heels and respond with “I wish I had the confidence to wear them”.  It’s bigger than just our community here.  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I think it is a significant trend.  There are countless people on r/malefashion who like the look of men in heels and respond with “I wish I had the confidence to wear them”.  It’s bigger than just our community here.  

link please - - 

Did both Google and hhplace.org search for this article by Lauren Valenti. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I couldn't find it linked anywhere here.

The History of Man Heels: From Louis XIV to Yeezy (MarieClaire.com, 2015)

She does a great job summarizing the history, with what appears to be a special emphasis on celebrities wearing heels (her POV).

I'd like to find out WHY she wrote the article.  If it was out of personal interest or if she was told to write it by her editors.  If MIH is a personal interest of hers, I'd be tempted to reach out to her.

Below are a few photos Lauren was tagged in.  First is her dressed as David Bowie (man who wore heels).  Second is her posing (suggests open minded creativity).  Third is her just looking good in a satin dress (good fashion sense).  

• Like 1

Well, not certain what if anything this post has to with with anything else, but since there hasn't been lot of activity here lately, I thought I would comment.  It's summertime which to me is sandal time!!  I mostly wear sandals almost exclusively gals, both with heels and flat.  This summer I have been out as much as possible in sandals, heels mostly, and have had absolutely no reaction at all - and that's a good thing - to me at least, except a compliment would be nice.  

The past few days I have been out in my favorite pair of VanEli kitten heeled sandals that I have had for a few years.  I love these shoes, they look nice and are relatively comfortable.  No reactions, maybe a few second looks but thats it.  Maybe more folks ARE getting acclimated to seeing a guy in heels?  Or just more accepting in general?  Or just not noticing and/or not caring?  I wore these sandals when me and Steve met in LA last November.  Both he and his wife liked them...  

Tonight the wife and I are off to the Greek Theater in LA to see Weird Al in concert.  I have seen him before, he's hilarious!  Gonna wear heels, just not sure which pair....  

Have fun all......   sf   

thumbnail.jpg

• Like 3

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

12 hours ago, SF said:

Well, not certain what if anything this post has to with with anything else, but since there hasn't been lot of activity here lately, I thought I would comment.  It's summertime which to me is sandal time!!  I mostly wear sandals almost exclusively gals, both with heels and flat.  This summer I have been out as much as possible in sandals, heels mostly, and have had absolutely no reaction at all - and that's a good thing - to me at least, except a compliment would be nice.  

The past few days I have been out in my favorite pair of VanEli kitten heeled sandals that I have had for a few years.  I love these shoes, they look nice and are relatively comfortable.  No reactions, maybe a few second looks but thats it.  Maybe more folks ARE getting acclimated to seeing a guy in heels?  Or just more accepting in general?  Or just not noticing and/or not caring?  I wore these sandals when me and Steve met in LA last November.  Both he and his wife liked them...  

Tonight the wife and I are off to the Greek Theater in LA to see Weird Al in concert.  I have seen him before, he's hilarious!  Gonna wear heels, just not sure which pair....  

Have fun all......   sf  

You got to see Weird Al? Cool! So there are at least two Weird Al fans on this site. By now, you made your decision about which shoes to wear, but if I'd have had a chance to vote, you already know which pair I'd choose. I always say, "Why wear shoes if you have the chance to wear sandals?"

I think the article just points out a trend in runway circles and there is still an air of "ooh, look at me, I'm gay and I have lots of money." Precious little of this fare will be seen on your local streets. The biggest point so far are things that SF and kneehighs talked about.

SF pointed out how he had worn heels all summer and got no reaction at all. That is certainly one indication of what we all would want to see when we wear heels.

Kneehighs states "we have to control our thoughts, feelings, and actions." Those first steps taken as toddlers turn into continuous strides as one builds confidence to move forward. The human brain is the most advanced computer ever devised and yet we only use a fraction (10-15%) of its capacity. The development of confidence in doing anything is one way to unlock more of that capacity. It turns toddler into walker, non-swimmer into swimmer, etc. HinH

• Like 1

Well I wimped out on wearing heels.  I had never been to the Greek Theater and found out that most of the parking lots are dirt, with a long walk to boot.  I don't mind the walk, but get my nice hh sandals dirty?  No way.  

I opted instead for a pair of older flat "Clarks" gals thongs that I like.  Comfortable walking sandals and still showing off my pedicure.  The wife has a matching pair that she wore as well.  

Had fun at the concert, Weird Al is the best.  Lots of older songs and some new ones as well.  Was accompanied by a 45 piece orchestra, in addition to his own band.  Made for a nice sound.  Hard to pick a fav song, but one of his best is "The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota" which he did flawlessly!!  Coincidentally, we were at the twine ball just one week ago!!  

Yes Mlrose, there are at least two Weird Al fans on the site.  ha ha  Love it.  

While there I had an interesting sighting of a guy in a pair of flat gals (or very unisex) asymmetrical thongs.  The straps were spaghetti thin and there was a "cute" bow tie on the top.  I wanted to ask him where he got the shoes but with large crowd he dispperaerd quickly.  He looked like a regular guy and was with a cute gal wearing Birkenstocks (ugg)....  So maybe I'm not the only guy in SoCal wearing gals shoes in public.  Refreshing...

Was a fun evening.....   Take care all...   sf

"Another One Rides the Bus".......

We watched the movie: Welcome to Marwen last night. Although they did not show it in the previews, the story is about a person who was severely beaten because he admitted to wearing high heels It was a pretty good movie in the end. It failed pretty bad at the box office. A pity though, if it had done really well, a lot of people would have seen a positive look at a man who like to wear high heel shoes…

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TXGuy said:

We watched the movie: Welcome to Marwen last night. Although they did not show it in the previews, the story is about a person who was severely beaten because he admitted to wearing high heels It was a pretty good movie in the end. It failed pretty bad at the box office. A pity though, if it had done really well, a lot of people would have seen a positive look at a man who like to wear high heel shoes…

Wow! I remember talking about this back in 2011

Interesting article on details of Mark Hogancamp:

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/07/garden/07marwencol.html

He was reborn months later, after he awoke from a nine-day coma, his memory wiped nearly clean of the details of his life...

(When Mr. Hogancamp returned home after the beating, he discovered a closet full of women’s pumps and boots. “Do I have a girlfriend?” he asked a friend. “They’re yours,” the friend replied. “You collect them and you wear them.” Mr. Hogancamp then learned that the men who beat him did so after he told them he was a cross-dresser.)”

If you are into Weird Al and his "weirdness," go see him.  He sure puts on a good show....  Especially when wearing high heels - me not him...  Last comment to keep in pace with the hhplace site...  ha ha

sf 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, SF said:

If you are into Weird Al and his "weirdness," go see him.  He sure puts on a good show....  Especially when wearing high heels - me not him...  Last comment to keep in pace with the hhplace site...  ha ha

sf 

Huge fan since day !!  Seen him live twice.  Great shows both times.  Not only that, he is a suprisingly good singer too!

• 2 weeks later...

The Las Vegas Trip....  

Got back yesterday from a long weekend in Vegas with the wife.  Took all gals sandals, flats and heels.  It was really hot in town (it is summer) 105 - 110 degrees, so stayed at the hotel most of the time - Caesars Palace - nice place.  The two pair of heels I brought were both VanEli sandals, one pair I have had for a while, the other pair recently purchased.  Before the trip I painted my toenails a light blue to contrast with the wife's aqua color.  Got two compliments on the pedicure which was nice.  Wore the heels most part of two days while gaming, shopping, dining and just walking around.  Got a few stares and double looks but no one said anything, which was nice but I was hoping for some kind of compliment - ha ha.  

It was quite enjoyable to be out in heels and having a good time with the wife.  Enjoying yourself and your surroundings, to me that's what it is all about....   

Here is a pic of the heels that I wore...   Both very comfortable....    have fun...   sf

IMG_5777.jpg

VanEli Maysa.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 11:54 AM, kneehighs said:

Christian Allaire is the freelance author of two pro heels for men articles that ran in Vogue US:

Men In Heels? I Put the Tricky Trend to the Test Feb. 26th 2019

Sam Smith Has Found the Perfect Brand for Men Who Rock Heels June 19th, 2019

Christian Allaire again coming through with another Pro-Men In Heels article for US Vogue.

Marc Jacobs’s Love for Wearing Heels Just Got More Extreme

"Marc Jacobs has been leading the men in heels charge. The designer has sported heeled footwear on multiple occasions; most recently, he accepted the Fashion Trailblazer Award at the MTV VMAs last month in sparkly ruby-red pumps that screamed Wizard of Oz. “Following that brick road always,” as he remarked on Instagram."

• Like 2

It's up to brave/confident guys like us to promote the heels fashion trend by wearing our heels confidently and constantly.   I laugh at the thought of old me being "fashion forward"....I usually don't get onboard with a particular fashion until it is out of fashion....

28 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

It's up to brave/confident guys like us to promote the heels fashion trend by wearing our heels confidently and constantly.   I laugh at the thought of old me being "fashion forward"....I usually don't get onboard with a particular fashion until it is out of fashion....

I think true fashion expression starts with wearing what you like and reflecting who you are.  From there, others may be inspired and you may become part of a trend, but I think the initial expression is the most satisfying, regardless of what happens in the broader trend.  It's fashion for the sake of expression, not fashion for the sake of being forward.  Though genuine expressions do tend to be progressive in nature.  

• Like 4

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:13 PM, TXGuy said:

Did you see this at the theatre, or on TV?  Would love to take my better half to a movie like this...

8 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

I think true fashion expression starts with wearing what you like and reflecting who you are.  From there, others may be inspired and you may become part of a trend, but I think the initial expression is the most satisfying, regardless of what happens in the broader trend.  It's fashion for the sake of expression, not fashion for the sake of being forward.  Though genuine expressions do tend to be progressive in nature.  

I probably misused the term "fashion forward"....Generally speaking, I'm not in tune with the latest fashion trends...And yes, wearing boots is certainly me expressing "who I am"... 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

I think true fashion expression starts with wearing what you like and reflecting who you are.  From there, others may be inspired and you may become part of a trend, but I think the initial expression is the most satisfying, regardless of what happens in the broader trend.  It's fashion for the sake of expression, not fashion for the sake of being forward...

Agreed. 100%

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 4:18 PM, pebblesf said:

Did you see this at the theatre, or on TV?  Would love to take my better half to a movie like this...

We saw it at home. My Wife is great at getting the latest releases from the library. But, now I’m wondering if it should be on Netflix soon...

• Like 1

This is an older article that I dont know if it has been posted here before or not, but it's the first article I've found that says straight men where heels and that you dont have to be gay (or whatever other nonsense people call themselves these day)

So even though it's an old article its nice to see someone writing about straight men in heels!

https://hubpages.com/style/High-Heels-for-Men-Latest-Fashion-Craze

• Like 1

I believe this article has been referred to in the past, but nonetheless I also find the content - that straight guys can wear heels - refreshing.....   Thanks for the memories....   sf

• Like 1

Several men in patent high heel boots at the SS20 Margiela Show.  John Galliano is the designer.  It is a "co-ed" collection.

For more visit: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2020-ready-to-wear/maison-martin-margiela/slideshow/collection#3

• Like 2
  • Sad 1