Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

On 5/24/2019 at 1:00 AM, HappyinHeels said:

I'll keep wearing what I like and maybe I'll run into another dude wearing wedges just like me. :fine: HinH

I have seen a woman wearing the same heels as I have on at the time, It makes my chuckle inside.

12 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Last year I made a point that Social Media content that promotes men in heels would drive heels for men awareness and buying behavior.  I got a lot of push back from people who didn't believe in Gen-Z, Millennials, or Social Media as driving consumer buying behavior.

Today's IPO of Revolve (RVLV) is another example of how social media influences purchasing behavior.  How influencer marketing is a legitimate influencer of consumer buying behavior.

CEO of Revolve, "We've created this global fan base and it's been through influencer marketing."

https://fashionista.com/2019/06/revolve-clothing-ipo-marketing-strategy

The concept and power of influencers in marketing is a fairly classic marketing phenomena.  Social media, being a digital tool, just offers some new capabilities in management, insight, and scale of this overall approach.  

9 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

The concept and power of influencers in marketing is a fairly classic marketing phenomena.  Social media, being a digital tool, just offers some new capabilities in management, insight, and scale of this overall approach.  

Exactly.  Doris Day, Ty Cobb, and Hitchcock marketing photos are cases in point.   Some will argue social media statistics lie.  Yet the risks of lies aren't great enough to stop companies from investing more and more into digital influencer marketing.

My point is that social media =  increased awareness = increased inflluence over consuming buying behavior = increase opportunity for more men to wear heels.

RoadRollerDorisDay.jpg

Ty Cobb Tobacco Tin.jpg

WesternUnionHitchcock.jpg

Edited by kneehighs

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

2 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Some will argue social media statistics lie.  Yet the risks of lies aren't great enough to stop companies from investing more and more into digital influencer marketing.

My point is that social media =  increased awareness = increased inflluence over consuming buying behavior = increase opportunity for more men to wear heels.

In my job I work with companies to use social media in the other direction - to gain insight and awareness of customer sentiment and experiences.  The companies that are truly connected to customers will pick up on a consumer trend towards men wearing heels.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Exactly.  Doris Day, Ty Cobb, and Hitchcock marketing photos are cases in point.   Some will argue social media statistics lie.  Yet the risks of lies aren't great enough to stop companies from investing more and more into digital influencer marketing.

Let's make this thing happen.  Where can I find an agent that will find me money for wearing a client high heels? I wear a lot of Steve Madden heels already.

• Haha 1

Since social media was brought up, I picked a somewhat edgy photo of my heels and posted it up on r/malefashion to see what would happen:

I think I stirred the pot.  I’ll keep posting and see what happens...

• Like 5

1114902824951918596Jeremy Pope wearing a very modest heel at today's Tony Awards.   See attached.

And this tweet from Jordan Roth back in April to celebrate the end of Kinky Boots Broadway Shows

1114902824951918596https://twitter.com/Jordan_Roth/status/1114902824951918596

pope.jpg

2 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Since social media was brought up, I picked a somewhat edgy photo of my heels and posted it up on r/malefashion to see what would happen:

Hahaha!! Had to laugh out loud at the first comment, "looking like the secretary the wife is worried about."

Lots of great feedback there! Good job.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Pretty darn impressive! Great job, my friend!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

It was fun to stir the pot, but I dialed it back on my next post to r/malefashion.  Blocky Cuban heels seem to be a bit less shocking to the larger crowd, and there are already many on the sub who are getting into the trend of heels as male fashion.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

It was fun to stir the pot, but I dialed it back on my next post to r/malefashion.  Blocky Cuban heels seem to be a bit less shocking to the larger crowd, and there are already many on the sub who are getting into the trend of heels as male fashion.

You're getting a lot of open minded feedback there.  Presumably from men.  Seems like the biggest complaint is the photography.  Great job!

• Like 1

Hi P1NG74  ireally like your first pic , for me thats the way a man can look absolutle fabo in askirt and heels and really still looking masculine 

congatulations  , i think the ladies will like this look on a guy a  swell       malinheels

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, malinheels said:

Hi P1NG74  ireally like your first pic , for me thats the way a man can look absolutle fabo in askirt and heels and really still looking masculine 

congatulations  , i think the ladies will like this look on a guy a  swell       malinheels

The funny thing is, I am not wearing a skirt.  Perhaps the silhouette and heels are a little deceptive :)

5DC3B385-EA95-4AA0-8BAA-3FBE2719F87C.thumb.jpeg.ad07a28866040303a7341cbc3cd308aa.jpeg

• Like 4

My favourite bootmaker Fernando Berlin is advertising more and more for men this year.

Picture on home/landing page (maybe you'll have to wait a bit to appear):
https://www.fernandoberlinboots.com/

Photoshoot of his current collection (several styles, watch the whole video):

Edited by flavio
  • Like 3

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

6 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

Yes, I noticed that Fernando is really making a great showing of men in boots.   There are several new videos, but they won't be out for awhile....

Sure, and his products are top quality and goes up to EU 47 (around US 15), my model 113 boots are 47.

Only problem (I'd say barrier) it's the price tag. But you get what you pay for, everything is real leather, inside-out and made in Portugal. And they love their male customers.

31 minutes ago, flavio said:

My favourite bootmaker Fernando Berlin is advertising more and more for men this year.

Some nice styles, for men. I wonder if they are any different to the woman's versions, or rather exactly the same? 

1 hour ago, flavio said:

Thanks for sharing.  I could use some new boots for the coming winter.  I regularly wear Over The Knee or Knee High too.  So price per wear spread out over a 2-3 year lifespan (minimum) would be reasonable.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 3:42 PM, jeremy1986 said:

Some nice styles, for men. I wonder if they are any different to the woman's versions, or rather exactly the same? 

They're all the same.

Can be custom made (100 € extra fee) by sending all measures of feet and several parts of the leg. In my case that's what I did and they fit just perfectly, having tried a ready to wear pair before, but my legs are more to the gigantic side, they should fit most people.

• Like 1

This photo shows both people wearing boots.  I find non binary attractiveness to the opposite sex when wearing pumps, boots, or heels most intriguing for me.  So when a girl is attracted to my height, longer legs, more artistic walk, better posture, and cutting edge footwear it's exciting. That sexual attraction I feel for a girl in heels is often something women also feel for me. 

Fernando Berlin.jpg

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 2

Hey fellow heelers, just wanted to say that i've noticed on ebay here in Australia in the high heels section(womens shoes) that there are now lots of advertisments from shoe manufacturers

headlining thier addvert with MENS HIGH HEELS , this for me is solid proof that us guys are such an untapped well of business for shoe manufactures / sellers that they now recognise the

fact lots of us love those styles originally only for women , and why not for guys ,  because shoes with a raised rear section , made from materials off a roll of PU or leather and crafted into a

shape does not give the item a gender they are able to be worn by any person male or female or transgender  .   

It's this simple if you like them , YOU LIKE THEM  . I went to a Psycologist long ago thinking i was a freak for wanting to wear womens shoes , the Psyc told me my like / love for high heels

could be summed up with   IT IS MUCH LIKE YOUR FAVORITE COLOUR , YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW WHY IT IS , IT JUST IS .    High heels for me are the same  i really love them , much like

the variations of the colour green

happy heeling guys     Malinheels  :angel:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

Well put, i am the same. I simply must wear heels and so i do.

Same for me...I have wasted too many hours wondering how my love of boots got its start.  Am I hard wired this way, or is this something I learned.  Have finally matured to the point of not worrying about it, just enjoying it....But, it is surely a strong desire, not one I could just put aside, even though society has tried to force me to do just that...

• Like 1

I always loved heels but never wore them. Then I found out that women's size 10 fit better than any men's shoe I had ever worn, so I started to wear women's shoes with 2-2.5 inch heels. Just got my nerve up and bought a pair, then another, and another.... Then one day I had to wear 4 inch heels, after 5 months I noticed a big difference in my pain. I wear 4 inch heels about 85% of the time now. The more the better for me.

For those that feel the need to purge, just store them away for 6 months and then see if still want to purge.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cali said:

A woman told me about this show at the NY Met. Anybody seen it?

WorldPride at The Met

https://www.metmuseum.org/blogs/now-at-the-met/2019/worldpride-met-camp-pose

Haven't had time to visit yet.  Met Gala exhibition there too.

With that said, the BODE menswear show had multiple looks of men wearing ballet flats.  

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2020-menswear/bode/slideshow/collection#15

Looking around r/malefashion I discovered that Saint Laurent makes 60mm heels available on their Wyatt boots, and people are warming up to them:

https://www.ysl.com/es/shop-product/men/shoes-boots-classic-wyatt-60-harness-boot-in-black-leather_cod11059817cc.html

Platform heels, were a big part of the Rick Owens show in Paris today:  

https://nowfashion.com/rick-owens-menswear-spring-summer-2020-paris-27804/shots/1340994

MDMyNjA1LmpwZw.thumb.jpg.e2e390d0a8e1e7b4e7ab99366b9c9325.jpg

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 3