Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

Never fear!  Your offspring will be well cared for.  The modern education given by our government (public) education system will insure they are “taught” enough to function at a survival level and the government will provide everything else they need to know.   

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Wasting time today I discovered a Sub reddit called "feminine boys". 

11K members.  They all like to  feel feminine, not necessarily look like a woman.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/feminineboys/search?q=heels&restrict_sr=1

Did a search for hhplace.org, but no links appeared through the reddit search engine.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I took a look at the link and concluded I would be wasting my time there. The web design looks puzzling and some of the questions posed suggest a real lack of experience. I know that's a reason why some may join a forum but the more I read the more convinced I became it may not a good site for those wanting to present a more feminine look. Crossdressers.com is a large site and it is has a lot of traffic. The expertise and knowledge of the members is remarkable. If one were so inclined. I don't know how many of our members know of it or may participate in it. HinH

9 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

p1ng74,

All these photos were taken at a hotel while you're on the road, right? You certainly are bringing your own sense of style to the office...and the hotel. :cheeky: HinH

Yes almost all are from business trips, and when I look back at the photos I feel like I have learned so much already!  

• Like 1

I came across this guy’s YouTube channel, which has a small following, but it’s interesting that spending a day in heels was one of the first topics he did:

One Day in High Heels

The first thing I noticed is that the heels he wore are actually too big for his feet.  In spite of that, I think he did well, though he might have more success in better fitting heels.  

He also did a video of One Day in a Skirt which seemed to go pretty well... 

I think its great that guys wear high heels. Everyone should know what high heels are really like, and its a personal thing so you need to try yourself.

At least this chap wasn't being silly about it - sure it was a little tongue in cheek, but it wasn't an outright fail effort. And he chose sensible shoes, mind you though its not the heel style that gets you its more just being used to the height and the toe shape.

I reckon he should have done the skirt with the heels ?

• Like 1

I agree - guys definitely should try heels. I suspect many, if not most, secretly want to anyway, just to see what it’s like. Stilettos especially, for the experience, the sheer fun of it and to gain a few insights on empowerment. 

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I agree - guys definitely should try heels. I suspect many, if not most, secretly want to anyway, just to see what it’s like. Stilettos especially, for the experience, the sheer fun of it and to gain a few insights on empowerment. 

Yes, indeed.   My wife is aware that I have some heels and have worn them for exactly the reason you suggest (quite apart from simply liking the look of stylish footwear which happens to be traditionally female) and considers it a perversion - and potential marriage-breaker.   

The YouTube video was a light-hearted but sensible and genuine experiment by a young man to try heels for himself.   He did well, but I agree that the fit of the shoes was not ideal and I wonder how he would have fared with, say, more pointed stilettos.   Incidentally, the location was the Isle of Wight. 

14 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I came across this guy’s YouTube channel, which has a small following, but it’s interesting that spending a day in heels was one of the first topics he did:

One Day in High Heels

The first thing I noticed is that the heels he wore are actually too big for his feet.  In spite of that, I think he did well, though he might have more success in better fitting heels.  

He also did a video of One Day in a Skirt which seemed to go pretty well... 

This young man did a great job in both videos, showing that a masculine young man can look great confidently wearing heels and a skirt

• Like 1

The shoes this guy chose are very nice looking, but they do seem to be too big for him.

I find it curious that whenever there is a video or article written about a guy wearing high heels the general theme is that the guy is homosexual or the high heels are the most painful, horrible things and poor women are forced to wear them to be in style.  My experience with heels has been quite the opposite.  I'm not homosexual, and when I wear high heels I don't find that heeling is torture.  I have quite a few pair of heels and while I would not want hike to the top of Mt Whitney or walk a marathon in them, I do find wearing heels is not the painful, horrible experience that it is touted to be by some.  

I can make the same argument for mens dress shoes.  I have had dress shoes that were so uncomfortable, read painful, that I would not walk more than from the car to the office and back - but hey, they looked nice.  To me that same apples to some styles of gals shoes, they may look nice, but are probably very painful to wear.  For me, my heels look nice, are comfortable and a pleasure to wear.  

My wife is of the same opinion, she has some heels that she wears all the time and finds very comfy, others styles are for "looks," short walks to dinner or church, since that particular style just is not comfortable.   

Have fun in your heels, it's fun....   Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah...      sf

Edited by SF
typeo
  • Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

12 hours ago, Shyheels said:

The whole idea of wearing heels being some sort of perversion is rather bizarre. What we are talking about here is a detail of styling on something that is worn by everybody, footwear.  

Well, my wife would certainly not agree with you on that!   She is by no means an uncaring or intolerant person but anyone whose conduct deviates from what she considers to be normal and acceptable is in line for a big rocket and potential excommunication.  And that certainly includes the idea of a man wearing 'high heels', whether femme or not, or other allegedly effeminate garments.   If it were within her power, she would doubtless have Eddie Izzard (for example) burnt at the stake.

Just now, Puffer said:

Well, my wife would certainly not agree with you on that!   She is by no means an uncaring or intolerant person but anyone whose conduct deviates from what she considers to be normal and acceptable is in line for a big rocket and potential excommunication.  And that certainly includes the idea of a man wearing 'high heels', whether femme or not, or other allegedly effeminate garments.   If it were within her power, she would doubtless have Eddie Izzard (for example) burnt at the stake.

Anyone who ran 40 plus consecutive marathons with no training and an ice cream van as support vehicle like Eddie Izzard did would probably survive being burned at the stake.

Addicted to the click

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

I hear what you're saying,

I meet a lot of people of similar mind-set, but once you speak to them and are blatant about what you're doing I find they get it. I'm not niave enough to think that they are honest to my face, but I can tell a lot certainly change their perspective when you spend some time to talk with them, and in environments that are busy there is a lot of support for a guy in high heels. Or at least that's what I have  learnt.

We are all a sum of our experiences, in terms of what we see around us and what we do ourselves. We moderate our own perceptions based on those around us and what our fellow humans are doing and reacting, the more I am out the more I realise that once a few strangers get what I am about, then it spreads, and it can nget to the point where the majority of strangers don't individually have such adverse reactions because they've seen it before, or because others don't share their reaction. We are all watching how we fit in to our social groups too.

Its one of the complicated things about how we are social animals, doesn't mean we are a bad egg, but we do behave based on how we believe we should be behaving, which is based on how we fit in to the herd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

I'm sorry that you have to live by such standards. She would probably want to burn me at the stake too.  High heels most of the time, nail polish (fingers and toes), and over half of what I wear was bought from the woman's side. I don't believe clothes have genders, that's an artificial projection we as a society put on them.

Question: what does she think about woman with tattoos?

• Sad 1

Interesting point. There is a double standard there that goes almost entirely unnoticed because it is so widely expected and blithely assumed. Were women suddenly discouraged from wearing or adopting men’s styles to anything like the degree men are discouraged from wearing heels there would be massive outrage. It just wouldn’t happen. And yet the women who would be most outraged are often the very ones who most vigorously “enforce” the proscriptions for men.

Most woman i come across is do what say, but don't do what i do, or should i say, wear.

Woman want exclusivity of there conventional style, colouring  hair, at salons, manicures, pedicures, eyebrows plucked, makeup, and yes feminine clothes and shoes. Once a man walks that line of feminine style  woman never dream or actually think any male would do just that unless your trans, crossdresser or troubled. Feel woman believe there are certainly freaks in both genders but they never expect observing males like us  in there work environment, community, neighbourhood would walk around in feminine garb. 

Funny how female psyche beliefs when they see a man if he isn't interested in her your either married, in a relationship or gay.  Sometimes woman's ego gets in the way going through life never seeing a male in heels or wearing female attire.  They get upset not that there jealous but feel they only can look sexy and attractive. While male boundaries is to look traditionally manly until they try to slowly feminize him to there tastes.

As for those woman that get outraged male wearing certain feminine attire i praise those like nzfreestyler able to talk openly with those kind of females. My reactions to these woman is to simply say little as possible ignoring them from my life. Difficult to do in the workplace but i try not to look at them or stay clear like a foul odour even sneer at the sound of there voice..  Some want to be noticed then smile saying hello walking passed but  her  greeting meant  upon someone other then me. Making me feel rejected and confused while i know it was deliberate on the females part. Yet i stand amused feeling relieved knowing there going out of there way to ignore me because of my feminine outfit. People like that show their true colours and character and easier for me to forget them, cheering inside that they don't want to be friendly. Who needs people that are narrow minded, traditional in their beliefs, yet don't respect others because they don't align with them. 

Edited by MackyHeels

7 hours ago, Cali said:

I'm sorry that you have to live by such standards. She would probably want to burn me at the stake too.  High heels most of the time, nail polish (fingers and toes), and over half of what I wear was bought from the woman's side. I don't believe clothes have genders, that's an artificial projection we as a society put on them.

Question: what does she think about woman with tattoos?

You are a prime example of what my wife would consider a pervert or deviant, Cali - so I hope you never meet! :shocked:  (My apologies - I don't share that opinion.)

As to tattoos (and piercings), she considers anything other than normally pierced ears (on a woman) and perhaps a modest 'traditional' forearm tattoo (on a sailor, for example) as ugly and disfiguring - and I have to agree with her on that.   We see so many men and women whose appearance is marred by such 'adornments' as well as by shapeless, ugly and unflattering clothes - and that without considering how they speak and behave.   Yes, we are being judgmental and critical, but we both have views on the 'look' that we like, or otherwise, on people in general or each other (as do most folk if they are honest).   The problem is that her views often do not coincide with mine, particularly about what I (or men in general) should wear.

Thanks to the others who have commented.   I try to keep my head down and my 'activity' is very limited and discreet - but I walk on eggshells (difficult in heels!).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Interesting point. There is a double standard there that goes almost entirely unnoticed because it is so widely expected and blithely assumed. Were women suddenly discouraged from wearing or adopting men’s styles to anything like the degree men are discouraged from wearing heels there would be massive outrage. It just wouldn’t happen. And yet the women who would be most outraged are often the very ones who most vigorously “enforce” the proscriptions for men.

History has it the other way round. Women were heavily discouraged from wearing men's styles of clothing. It took many years for trousers to become an accepted item of women's clothing.

Women might have been discouraged from wearing trousers but they were  able to adopt the style - partly due to their own willingness to be bold and cop the slings and arrows and partly because changes in the world at large lowered the barriers of resistance. 

It has never worked the other way. Once an item of clothing or element of style has gone to the feminine side of the shop, it stays there as far as men are concerned. They do not try to retrieve it. Women are able to take from the men’s aisle, but never the other way around. 

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

It has never worked the other way. Once an item of clothing or element of style has gone to the feminine side of the shop, it stays there as far as men are concerned. They do not try to retrieve it. Women are able to take from the men’s aisle, but never the other way around. 

Not 100% true. In the late 1960s/early 1970s high heels, especially platforms, were often worn by men as well as women. But generally I think you're right, I can only think of the single counterexample.