Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

No, never saw anything like that collar in the 70s, I'm sure I wouldn't have forgotten it. The nearest thing was a Ben Sherman brand shirt that came with either. A pointed collar, button down or a rounded collar but standard size.

Addicted to the click

The entire look illustrated in that advert is hideous and rather reminiscent of something worn in a sci-fi film (or Pluto's ears in the case of the collar).   Some may mourn the passing of men's shoes like that with 'high' heels and platform soles but imho they are just plain ugly.   Into the dustbin of history, please ...

• Like 1

Yep, we are dating ourselves. Then again there was a certain simplicity and beauty to growing up in the 1970's as you and I have opined. Calls within the USA were simpler then with entire states in a single area code in some cases. International calls were quite expensive though. I remember calls to South America were around $3 a minute as I had friends in Brazil and my folks used to call me when I lived in Venezuela as as an exchange student. That was when it was a very democratic and pleasant country. I'll bet they are longing for prosperous and peaceful days of the 1970's! HappyinHeels

Edited by HappyinHeels
misspelling

Good swimmer. Experienced in an Olympic pool or in 17000feet/5500m of water in the Indian Ocean. Capable heeler. Very experienced at walking in a variety of styles and always at heights of 5"/12cm o higher. Have never mixed heels and water. It would impede your mechanics and ruin your shoes. HinH

• Like 1

I know I can fit the foot of a ballet boot into a dive fin, but I’ve yet to try scuba diving with them.

Always have High Tide Heels ;)

4A6C275F-E03C-40ED-A528-9EE8CF4707AB.jpeg

Edited by Rockpup
Photo didn’t upload
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

(formerly known as "JimC")

32 minutes ago, Rockpup said:

I know I can fit the foot of a ballet boot into a dive fin, but I’ve yet to try scuba diving with them.

Always have High Tide Heels ;)

4A6C275F-E03C-40ED-A528-9EE8CF4707AB.jpeg

As you normally walk backwards in fins and it would be on wet sand it could be quite a challenge.

• Like 1

Addicted to the click

Flipper heels.

Gotta-get-them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walking backwards the heel would just sink in the sand.  Trust me, I know; see my heels on the beach photos, beach-wedges.

I was out and about last night in a blazer, skinny jeans, and my Jessica Simpson stiletto platforms, and after bracing myself to get out of the car again and walk into the building, as I usually have to, I had a thought... ‘What the almighty hell am I doing???’. Any body ever get that? I have people who are very supportive, but still trying to understand why I do this to myself. Gotta be honest, I don’t know, but it keeps me going..

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bambam said:

I was out and about last night in a blazer, skinny jeans, and my Jessica Simpson stiletto platforms, and after bracing myself to get out of the car again and walk into the building, as I usually have to, I had a thought... ‘What the almighty hell am I doing???’. Any body ever get that? I have people who are very supportive, but still trying to understand why I do this to myself. Gotta be honest, I don’t know, but it keeps me going..

Creativity is both a gift and a curse

I think I had those thoughts years ago.  Not anymore.  I look forward to getting out in a skirt and heels.  When I do I don’t ever think that.   Confidence is the key.  If you act normal there is no issue.  When I was out s couple weeks ago I had fantastic service at Express Macy’s and Nordstrom’s.  Funny thing was I was with my GF and  was trying on men’s suits!  Lol.  There were a few puzzled looks but again fantastic service.  Ended up buying an awesome men’s suit at Macy’s and went back to Express for a tie.   Great outing 

2 hours ago, bambam said:

We all feel this way at some point or another....Did you feel better after the outing?  I'm sure you liked the way you looked, even though it involved some initiative and courage....Any compliments?