Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

Shyheels

You spend to much time looking at individual words. The word "was" was used to refer to the time earlier in the tread where I talked about man buns. It was in the past after all.

Edited by Cali

22 hours ago, Gudulitooo said:

In fact my problem with this way of separating generation is where (when) you put the limits depends on what you want to show. So this looks like a flexible support to any hypothesis.

I mean, real generations are overlapping. Each year there is a new generation which have an exact one-year-delay with the former.

I respect your opinion. Trouble is, trillions of dollars in the economy are moving based on this Millennial/GenZ metric.  What are you realistically going to do?   

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

On 3/29/2018 at 1:36 AM, Cali said:

I had a interesting talk with a young sales associate last week.

I stopped in a women's shoe boutique that I look into every once in a while.  I asked young sales associate if they had any 4 inch or higher heels. She pointed to the center table and one wall and told me "how about these wedges."  The strange thing was there wasn't any wedges on the center table or the wall, all block heels.  I then asked her if she knew what "wedges" were.  She fumbled with the description of a wedge.  At that point I took off one of my Steve Madden wedge mules and told her. "This is a wedge." "Oh!"

She then ask me not to tell her boss that she didn't know what wedge were, which I didn't.  But (1) Why you you take a job selling women's shoes if you have no clue about women's shoes?  (2) Who is this boss that hire such an employee?

Who is the boss that trains (or didn't train) the employees?

Guys in heels and skirts exiting the Thom Browne show at Paris Men's Fashion Week.  (Can't wait to read the negative opinions from here)
Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 2

Why would you expect negative opinions from members here?  After all, most members share a similar philosophy, don’t they?  And that is If you are comfortable dressing in a certain manner, and can suffer the social consequences of appearing in public dressed as you like,  why should we care.  Case in point, I’ve worn out more than one pair of pumps with 6” heels over the years I have been wearing heels in public and count on the fingers of one hand how many times I have gotten negative reaction, vocal or otherwise, I received.

Obviously, he feels completely comfortable with the way he is dressed and, other than not liking the particular style of his shoes, I don’t see anything wrong with what he’s wearing either.  

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

B/C if a style doesn't match the exact style a critic here (an hhplace.org member) would wear, it's just worth a cheap negative opinion.  

It's a common pattern here. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kneehighs said:
Guys in heels and skirts exiting the Thom Browne show at Paris Men's Fashion Week.  (Can't wait to read the negative opinions from here)

Socks with heels? YUCK! Just kidding! He looks cool!  :cool:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

12 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Capture.thumb.JPG.7840bf9db50274bf395b6aca4456beb0.JPG*

As I quoted, high heels on men are not specifically a feminine accessory. I am more thinking this is very manly (too much) and reminds me on a lonesome character leaving in the sunset singing.

With the picture from Tom Browne I see his funny ennemis. (Though they should be 4 and they are missing a striped costume).

Eg for block high heels, you can wear them manly

https://weilspasst.tumblr.com/post/175047768317/koreanmodel-kim-sang-woo-park-hyeong-seop-by-zo

Or womanly

https://weilspasst.tumblr.com/post/175079980252

Both in an attractive way for opposite gender I suppose

Edited by Gudulitooo
Created actual links

On 6/25/2018 at 5:22 PM, kneehighs said:

Good exopsure I guess.  Not really my cup of tea though.

Remember the context of this tremendous trio; they were exiting the Paris Fashion Show. Paris specifically, and France generally, does not get worked up by trivial things like guys in skirts and heels. Their joie de vivre is the tonic for just about everything. Besides what one sees in the urban confines of Paris or NYC does not portend well for man heel watching in northern Ohio, SE Wisconsin, or anywhere else far from the urban vibe. More power to them. HappyinHeels

I agree! But that is not true anywhere in Paris. I often wear my Cuban 5" Oxford in the Paris streets.Sometimes,I can hear:'watch that guy,he is wearing heels!' It never comes from women, always from guys.And I would say mostly from guys I wouldn't  have a drink with. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sears Catalog

The words "high heel" and "pumps" were even used in the ads.  

There's even a modern day "mary jane" on the 2d ad called a "military heel".

2d9b1e3a937c36f73c0acc1edf30dcba.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-10-17-at-2.11.00-PM.png

1912-Sears-mens-shoes-309.jpeg

• Like 1

Very interesting! I am surprised to see that heels for men's shoes were still reasonably high as recently as Edwardian days. 

And you know what else, in those days (circa 1912 and right up into the 1920s) pink was most definitely a boy's colour - an advertised as such in all the department stores. Blue, with its association with the Virgin Mary, was considered the girls colour.

Pink and it’s shifting gender connotations is quite an interesting story, driven much by both fad and shrewd department store marketing during the early years of the 20th century. My grandmother (born 1904) certainly bought into the pink-is-for-girls thing. She was aghast when she heard I had a pink shirt when I went off to university back in the 1970s. 

In all those years I have never had the least issue with wearing pink. Not the slightest, I’ve two pink shirts and a pink cycling jersey in my closet right now and, with the exception of discussions such as this, truly never give a thought to any perceived connotations. 

I find it rather amazing that there are people, and young people too, who buy into that sort of mindset.

Edited by Shyheels

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

Pink and it’s shifting gender connotations is quite an interesting story, driven much by both fad and shrewd department store marketing during the early years of the 20th century. My grandmother (born 1904) certainly bought into the pink-is-for-girls thing. She was aghast when she heard I had a pink shirt when I went off to university back in the 1970s. 

In all those years I have never had the least issue with wearing pink. Not the slightest, I’ve two pink shirts and a pink cycling jersey in my closet right now and, with the exception of discussions such as this, truly never give a thought to any perceived connotations. 

I find it rather amazing that there are people, and young people too, who buy into that sort of mindset.

For experimental purposes I decided a while back to wear pink workout SS tight top from famous yoga brand which I often seen in different colours.

Observed woman’s reactions to my new workout colours in the gym. These woman seen me before wearing same style gear but not pink. Once wearing different hues of pink i noticed belly laughs as they passed by or intensive giggling even there friends told them enough already. 

While I still wear various colours of pink to the gym. Woman still can’t stop noticing the colour staring upon me longer then usual or sudden initial shock reaction. Some might even get angry writing me off ignoring me in huff. 

Often I wear pink for dissanonce reactions while other females enjoy wearing pink as a colour for the gym. Proof is when certain brand of new gym yoga clothes come out with pink colour often is sold out faster then anything they sell. 

Some Woman feel they have exclusive right to wear pink. While a man can only highlight there appearance with tie, shirt or handkerchief. Yet if man tries to wear a main colour pink he is looked upon funny. Or is assumed that he doesn’t enjoy woman only men. Go figure...

My belief about people’s assumed stereotypes with likes of pink colours. Just ignoring them is my reaction. Why chat with ignorant narrow minded bigoted individuals who assume they are always right categorizing putting me in a box. 

Nobody can stop me wearing colours I enjoy. Reactions I see from few woman sometimes is perceived to me as envy and jealousy. Which often know it’s not they like what I wear looks good on me. But colour I wear would look good on them thus there gazing upon me in the gym. 

Wore gym outfit as pic shown. Long time female gym rat looked me over initially once noticing me arrive. Mubbling something to herself about what I was wearing. Later she walks next to me talking  to herself, chuckling in smirking manner, he will wearing almost anything. Dont know if her reaction is from all the new outfits I wear she seen me in or the colour choice I choose looking to feminine for her tastes. 

FF14A4F6-10D7-4A17-A03F-0E5E0BC9B237.jpeg

7F9E0173-B9D7-4755-87E8-E3972B77EE6A.jpeg

Funny story of the hating woman is she seen me in a new outfit. Couple woman also so they bought it wearing it to the gym. We all were wearing exact same colour style. Then they lay down next to me stretching at the gym. Many people walked by noticing with smirks on there faces. See pic below. 

FAB4DA90-C457-4059-82B1-97B93CF4F13A.jpeg

There’s no denying it the hating woman wanted a conversation with me. Buying exact same outfit unusual colour for her to be wearing. She wanted me to make eye contact but I ignored her. Keeping to my beliefs I stated above. Not to associate with narrow minded, bigoted females no matter how attracted they are to me.  If she is shy to talk to me so be it, yet has the notion to belittle what I wear to the gym pink in particular. 

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

I have a pink - I call it “coral” dress shirt, OK it’s pink - that I wear to work quite often. I like the shirt as do others, since I get many compliments!!  Nothing wrong with wearing coral !!  

Have  fun....  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Well, not only do have have utterly no concern about wearing pink nobody, other than my long deceased grandmother, has ever said anything about my wearing the colour. I know there are people who apparently are wound up too tightly and fret about such things, but I've not met any. Wearing pink is a total non event in my world... 

4 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

Woman still can’t stop noticing the colour staring upon me longer then usual or sudden initial shock reaction. Some might even get angry writing me off ignoring me in huff. 

Interesting.  Are you sure you're not just projecting onto them?  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Interesting.  Are you sure you're not just projecting onto them?  

No projection from me. Overheard many conversations about me from some others asking what you think of him... When i hear woman bad mouth me saying, love his taste in clothes even willing to admit i'm jealous, but find it weird, or wrong for him wearing them.

Also you get better understanding observing some females over and over again with there styles and colour choices they wear. When i see tall blondie driving up in her Audi convertible in tight  black mid length dress and flats then change into her gym outfit always in pink sneakers and tank top . While i wear different darker colours such as blue, grey etc.. I'm virtually invisible to this lovely pink wearing blondie. Until i wear something pink her head turns often find she is gazing upon me until i look in her direction. While other woman smirk seeing me wear a hot pink top as finding it funny or that she has observed me in every colour of the rainbow included pink is just to bold for a woman to wear let alone a man.

While i notice what others woman wear to the gym particular styles colours that they are fond of. When i purchase something new in similar colour but more updated hue or tone. They stare subtly some more obvious then others while i know that my choice i wear is something they may indeed want to wear themselves. One asian female often wears purplish pink tank top with black leggings to the gym or lighter pink tank. When i bought similar coloured top  if not better tone wearing it in the gym seen her initial reaction. The expression i seen on her face was open mouth jaw drop other then the colour i had on the style and fit of my gym wear was same she seen for long time before. Only can conclude she admired if not loved the colour i was wearing. Even the other day in the gym she was sitting on piece of equipment leg press machine eyeballing me for what seemed forever before i noticed she was slightly hidden away from me. When she stood up i noticed her just staring at my smoked mulberry leggings and pink plush tank top complimenting the outfit with pink grey female nike metcons. This is from female seen me before arrive at the receptionist desk to enter the gym wearing my skinny jeans and heel booties., Seen her initial wide eyed stare upon me closely seemingly stoic expression  that outfit and heel booties I had on shouldn’t be that surprising  compared to what she seen me wear on the gym floor.  While seen her with her  boyfriend Caucasian male not to flashy ordinary styled manner and appearance. 

Edited by MackyHeels

Mackyheels,

IF you are ignoring the people who are staring and smirking then how are you able to provide such vivid recollections of their reactions? While I do not think you are "projecting yourself" onto them I am nevertheless convinced you derive tangible satisfaction in messing with their heads. The sheer amount of detail in your posts tells me you are not ignoring them rather observing them the way a prudent journalist would observe the world and document what was seen and heard. I mean if you really thought someone were laughing at you then I would be inclined to give them the Joe Pesci treatment. "Am I funny to you? Am I a fu.....ing clown here to amuse you?" Now that will reset the table for sure. Maybe not your cup of tea. But at least you would know and the would-be detractor would know exactly where you stand. Life is really short and is best enjoyed when people respect each other. If not then you bulldoze them out of your way either by actually ignoring them or engaging them. They might never smirk at anyone else again. You either enable the bully or educate the bully. If pink is the color and the gym is the venue then all who see you should know you belong there as much as anyone else. Don't ever forget that. HappyinHeels

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2018 at 6:56 PM, Shyheels said:

Maybe you need to find another gym.

Has your therapist suggested this?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

On 7/12/2018 at 3:10 AM, HappyinHeels said:

Mackyheels,

IF you are ignoring the people who are staring and smirking then how are you able to provide such vivid recollections of their reactions? While I do not think you are "projecting yourself" onto them I am nevertheless convinced you derive tangible satisfaction in messing with their heads. The sheer amount of detail in your posts tells me you are not ignoring them rather observing them the way a prudent journalist would observe the world and document what was seen and heard. I mean if you really thought someone were laughing at you then I would be inclined to give them the Joe Pesci treatment. "Am I funny to you? Am I a fu.....ing clown here to amuse you?" Now that will reset the table for sure. Maybe not your cup of tea. But at least you would know and the would-be detractor would know exactly where you stand. Life is really short and is best enjoyed when people respect each other. If not then you bulldoze them out of your way either by actually ignoring them or engaging them. They might never smirk at anyone else again. You either enable the bully or educate the bully. If pink is the color and the gym is the venue then all who see you should know you belong there as much as anyone else. Don't ever forget that. HappyinHeels

Sometimes i focus on my workout having tunnel vision looking upon the ground. While majority of the time i look subtly with the gym mirrors observing others without them knowing it. So in fact i seemingly ignore others to there knowledge but secretly recognize my surrounding and people in it. Added to the fact i'm regular gym rat i often see the same faces time after time. Observing there reactions or chatter with others and clothes they like to wear. 

As for deriving tangible satisfaction in messing with there heads... If woman are so narrow minded or bigoted then they do it onto themselves with my treatment towards them. Never do i believe you can win people over by confronting them. 

Life appears to be a series of social issues strung out to cause discomfort amongst unlike minded individuals, all of which requires their expressing their disapproval/disputation in the most expressive and easily interpreted ways.

So i just do my thing in the gym if some woman who is self conscious of her body which many are decide to look me over. Later feel despondent wishing to have legs such as mine comparing themselves to me in the mirror as i workout next to them isn't my problem. If that messes up there minds so be it.

Seen today the fat quad leg asian gal who i described in earlier post that glazed her eyes on me while she sat later stood at leg press machine. At the time i thought she was observing my leggings or pink tank top. In fact i learned today from her stare down onto me again. She was observing my curved physique outline  buttocks legs in my leggings i was wearing. As of today seen her finishing up some stretching noticed me then began to turn facing as i walked passing her. She gave me the full look over, mostly seen her focus on my backside and legs. Suppose she was fixated onto my buttocks like the  other day as many woman are working out there legs comparing themselves to others. 

Just like i seen today at the gym asian couple walked in with me all of us dressed in street clothes. never seen them before. Later in the gym the woman was wearing pink tank top and black leggings. I noticed her across the gym but she was busy working out with her boyfriend. Until she paused to rest looked upon across the gym noticing me. She had this confused brow expression, hands on hips, as if she was thinking, what the heck is he wearing... As her boyfriend took her away from staring upon me, heard him laugh to her saying, ever see someone look like that before?.. She said, you mean what he is wearing..? His response, yah with snorting giggle. She mumbled something never in my life...incoherent words........

Later as i got closer to her working out she seemed stoic minding her business only observed me closely as i initially walked by setting up my next exercise. She then stared straight ahead virtually ignoring me then abruptly left the gym floor with her boyfriend. Observed her body as she went to get a drink of water unnoticed i seen her backside in leggings. For many woman it would feel awkward to be wearing leggings with flat buttocks as she was showing.