Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

On 3/29/2018 at 5:44 AM, HappyinHeels said:

Tacchi Alti,

You may be reading too much into it. I don't know what kind of company this is so I cannot begin to know what their corporate culture is. This may not be the best venue to stretch your freestyling envelope. If you wore a skirt and if your wife was okay with it and if the other women actually wear what they said they would then it may all work out. Notice the three "ifs" in the last sentence? When there is this much uncertainty the above comments of Shyheels and Steve63130 may prove prophetic indeed. Perhaps save your skirt and alternative heels for home time or a time and place outside your local area. Only you can best gauge what is in your best interest. Thanks nevertheless for throwing the topic up for discussion at the virtual bar with virtual beers all around. :cheeky:  HappyinHeels

Thanks. I appreciate everyone's concern and wise advice. I won't get sacked, as I'm self-employed, and something actually written into the company's mission statement is the word 'fun', so it would be taken in good part by everyone if (that word again!) I get the support and contribution of the ladies in question. I always wear heels to company events anyway, so that wouldn't be new. Perhaps stilettos would be new... I'll just wait and see what happens. I'll wear my block heel boots and possibly put a pair of stilettos in the car.

• Like 1

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

That's right; Double check that car's checklist of necessary equipment.  Tire jack and iron :fine: Road flares or safety triangles :fine: Extra water if you're in the Americas or Australia :fine:  extra pair of stiletto heels :cheeky:. HappyinHeels

20 hours ago, Cali said:

Can you get the women in your car to bring their stilettos?  Make it part of your car's uniform.

A lovely idea but although one used to wear stilettos a lot she now often wears flats. I think her joints are getting painful. The other one I know well just doesn't wear heels at all. I've only met the third one recently so I don't know. Perhaps I could get that idea going for the next big company conference in July, as people tend to dress up for that. Anyway, this day should prove interesting, if only to clarify the goalposts.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

• 3 weeks later...

I came across this person, Paul Duane, who is a talk show personality from Utah.  He calls himself a “crossdressing Mormon anarchist”.  I don’t know too much about him, but seems he loves to wear heels and pantyhose.  Does anyone know anything about him?

31754E7F-58B1-42C8-9016-940EAEE5A03B.jpeg

E57D387F-D731-433C-B30F-328D2581F8E3.jpeg

DBA08C96-6DA7-4FD5-B00F-F3E524CE86EF.jpeg

• Like 3

Hmm! Interesting! This is the first time I've heard of this gentleman. I must say Mr. Duane certainly has nice legs.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

As you say, an interesting read. It is a pity that all these types of stories conflate gender fluidity with wearing heels which does not exactly assist with the narrative that straight men can wear heels as a fashion choice.

I am also always perplexed why the men in these stories are always photographed wearing scarlet pumps. What is the point of wearing that, other than to call attention to yourself and display your bad taste? I don’t get it. 

Edited by Shyheels

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:19 AM, Gudulitooo said:

We already talked about Syro.

I thought they were targetting flamboyant customers, people wanting to display their gender fluidity, etc. but it seems they are now interested in normal people.

http://sirstyle.tumblr.com/image/173283830390

tumblr_p7q851UyvI1w7efwgo1_1280.jpg

That guy looks masculine and confident in those powerful heels....

• Like 1

Shyheels I think you missed the last line.  This was his story that he pitched to HuffPost.

Do you have a personal story you’d like to see published on HuffPost? Find out what we’re looking for here and send us a pitch!

If you want a story about straight men wearing high heels as just regular everyday people then you need to pitch the story line to HuffPost.  I might even pitch it myself.

I did see that line. My point was that this was just another story about a gender fluid man in heels, and that it does not do anything to assist the narrative of straight men wearing heels, which it doesn’t. It doesn’t matter whose idea it was. 

Stories such as this just seem to confirm in the minds of some that any guy who wears high heels is automatically homosexual.  A shame. 

Straight, gay, who cares?  I wear heels because I like to.....   Take care all.....    sf

• Like 3

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

23 minutes ago, SF said:

Stories such as this just seem to confirm in the minds of some that any guy who wears high heels is automatically homosexual.  A shame. 

Straight, gay, who cares?  I wear heels because I like to.....   Take care all.....    sf

I agree   It’s ridiculous that that straight guys in heels are viewed that way.  I have only been asked 1 time if I was gay,,,, by a guy who told me he was gay.   When I assured him I wasn’t he said “ I’m sorry to hear that you are not gay, us gay guys know how to have a good time, have a nice evening” and he went on his way.    

• Like 2

Yes it's a breathtaking assumption. Imagine if you went up to a woman who was wearing five-inch stilettos and asked her if she was a hooker? Or asked a woman in work boots if she was a dyke? 

Nobody cares if straight guy wears heels as a topic of interest. Often people want to know why if you do wear heels just for curiosity sake. If your gay then it all comes to focus as stereotype and accepted. While straight male is disturbing to think he would wear heels many trying answer how come he wears heels, questioning your mental health. Yet many just assume without asking  your gay because no straight male would dare wear such clothes, colours, shoes etc..  

When some assume i'm gay because i wear feminine outfits they are confused or shocked with disbelief that i'm straight. Often are stubborn to believe it laughing not agreeing or accepting i'm straight. Then when they try to stare upon me with different eyes often i'm laughed upon looking silly. While before assuming i was gay they didn't laugh only accepted my style with little bemused smile.

At work buddy of mine were talking i told him about female lesbien co-worker that introduced me to her partner. The female co-worker thought i was gay opening up to me thinking  we shared the same community or plight in society thus her introduction to her mate. When i told my buddy at work of the news he thought it made sense that she was a dyke because of her overweight physique. I sort of laughed at his stereotype labeling as making sense of her sexual preference from his stand point.. 

People feel it is insensitive to ask someone personal question of there lifestyle so they assume how you appear or way you style yourself then make judgement of you. Asking someone if there black or what gender they are when sometimes you can't clearly tell. Androgynous or skin colour can make people shy in asking who are you what background do come from etc... Only after they get clear answers they feel comfortable around them. While seeing straight male in female outfit or very least heels, confusing people asking themselves what motivates him to wear heels, skinny jeans, leggings  in order accepting our style choices.

New young beautiful voluptuous curvy black Woman trainer asked  me after observing for few months with an the aching question. She asked, "Seen you wear a lot of different outfits in the gym, are you some kind of cyclist? I smiled fully aware what she was eluding towards. If i'm a cyclist my staple yoga legging wardrobe makes sense to be worn when exercising. If not she will assume i'm feminine to the point of being gay thus wearing  what i do without shame. So my answer was a quick "no" to her, although i do cycle from time to time and understand the style serious road bike enthusiasts wear. Waited for her to follow up with a comment but she just answered "oh!" to my amusement. Almost wanted to add, i'm just a freak and crazy to wear woman yoga attire in public don't  you think?.. Then watch her expression... Either way she will assume what her upbringing taught her. Now she just leaves me alone not observing me at all. Like to say i do the same towards her distracted by her wonderful body in wrapped leggings what a sight to admire. 

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 1:00 PM, canadianbeaver17 said:

I came across this person, Paul Duane, who is a talk show personality from Utah.  He calls himself a “crossdressing Mormon anarchist”.  I don’t know too much about him, but seems he loves to wear heels and pantyhose.  Does anyone know anything about him?

I've been aware of Paul Duane for a few years.  I wonder if he wears heels while Off Stage too, or if the heels are just part of his stage presence persona.

On 5/3/2018 at 4:19 AM, Gudulitooo said:

We already talked about Syro.

I thought they were targetting flamboyant customers, people wanting to display their gender fluidity, etc. but it seems they are now interested in normal people.

http://sirstyle.tumblr.com/image/173283830390

This guys looks great.   Some additional amazing imagery of men in heels can be seen at the http://sirstyle.tumblr.com/ page too.

23 hours ago, Cl0setheels said:

Bumped into this and found it to be an interesting read:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/high-heels-military-training_us_5ae730cae4b02baed1bcb5c5

Great read.  Regardless of how the article was marketed from a "gender queer" angle, the guy is remarkably honest with his feelings. 

Most relevant to the readers here, "And then I do it ― I’m in the heels, out and visible. Again.  And then again. And the moment I start connecting with people, all of those fears fall away again ― and it’s consistently confirmed that I’m being and doing exactly who and what I’m meant to in this life. Some people around me experience something new and challenging; others say they are inspired. Cognitive dissonance is palpable. Conversations happen."  

His conclusion pretty much sums up what people have been saying here for literally the last 17 years.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 3

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

On 5/4/2018 at 9:03 PM, Sydheel said:

@Shyheels

you say scarlet, i say red

But to me they are my ruby slippers from OZ.

They create a little magic when wearing them

Enjoy the day

Yes, but you close that colour because you like it and because, as you say, it imparts some magic to you. That's great. 

The red pumps that invariably appear in these articles are deliberate  clichés and what's more one gets a sense that the vivid red is being used as a sort of protective colouring - creating or emphasising a sense of outlandishness so the writer can scoff it off as obviously not really him, a bit of a laugh, and thus preserve his man-card.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Yes, but you close that colour because you like it and because, as you say, it imparts some magic to you. That's great. 

The red pumps that invariably appear in these articles are deliberate  clichés and what's more one gets a sense that the vivid red is being used as a sort of protective colouring - creating or emphasising a sense of outlandishness so the writer can scoff it off as obviously not really him, a bit of a laugh, and thus preserve his man-card.   

Hi @Shyheels

Whilst a pair of bright or colourfull shoes are away from the norm, so is the very act of us guys wearing heels. The ruby slippers dont have to be red in colour, but theyre our favourite pair of heels be they high or low, red or black, that imparts that little bit of magic into each one of us.

But seeing how I am on the ruby slippers theme....

SIREN shoes here in AUS have just released their POSSE ankle boots in (drum roll please) ruby red colour, I stopped in and tried them on last Friday, just need to find some $$ to afford them. Ruby Red patent leather, contrasting black shiny heel. I think I will have to get a pair for my upcoming jaunt to Melbourne.

posse_ruby_s.thumb.jpg.01598f569f739601315ddbc656577617.jpg

Regards

James

On 5/5/2018 at 12:20 AM, SF said:

I was just at an event with 160 gay males, and I was the only one who spent any time wearing heels. 

• Like 1

(formerly known as "JimC")

12 hours ago, Rockpup said:

I was just at an event with 160 gay males, and I was the only one who spent any time wearing heels. 

And i'd venture to guess, most didn't dress as some would expect a gay group too. That's what I find hilarious. All the gay men I know, and I know quite a few, don't dress any different than straight men. I find they dress a bit better, but not different.

• Like 1