Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

Men have never had that collective courage, and our fashion drivers remain firmly rooted in the 18th century - uniformity, sobriety, practicality, dark shades, simple colours. Theatricality in dress is not allowed. It is seen as unsound. Does not belong with the herd. 

How that changes, I do not know - unless the collective boredom simply becomes too much. 

It changes when you have the courage as a man to lead the herd.  Maybe, I have it easier because of where I live, maybe because I have been outside (ahead of) the herd and on the cutting edge of things. 

I like the concept but I don't find their styles attractive. I don't like tie shoes. I'm sure many do, so I wish them well. Their prices are too high for me. I've never spent that much on shoes and don't intend to.

Steve

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Shyheels said:

And do you see lots of men following your example? The herd looking up from their bunch grass and trotting along behind?

No I don't see lots of men following my example, yet. But I do see more and more asking me about it. 

I'm starting to see more and more men wearing what look like leggings.

Look at the "man bun".

• Like 1

I don't know what a 'man bun' is. It doesn't sound nice...

As to the questions from the guy on the street - I am not too surprised there could be latent interest or desire. I suspect, as Thoreau said, the mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation...

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am following this guy on lookbook. Just found his Youtube Channel. Look at 1:11 on the following video he has got a nice pair of high heel boots and I like his pirate outfit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtnzVPWhcFY

http://lookbook.nu/user/5796755-Ken-N

He also did a video with Ari Fitz there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzmSHiBJJsU

• Like 1

I had a very interesting time on Saturday, out for the day at a business meeting with three ladies. One of them took her car so we converged on her house to get a lift. When I arrived, they said, You're the odd one out - we're all wearing skirts! I said it's a real shame I didn't know the dress code before I arrived! I was wearing my usual 4.5 inch block heels, but no comment was made, although I'm sure they know I wear them. I've known two of them for over three years. Even then, could you really sit next to someone in the back seat of the car for over an hour without that other person seeing what you're wearing? Anyway, the four of us are going to another business training on 14 April and we've decided our clothes will match for colour (blue) and our tops will have pictures of birds on. I'm now just waiting for a few prompts, as we're on a separate FB chat group. I would absolutely love the opportunity to wear something more daring in the way of shoes - some blue stilettos, perhaps? It will be a 'safe' environment - the company's head office - with moral support from three others. However, I don't want to force the issue, obviously. Perhaps I should get my blue heels in anticipation... One of them might even provide a skirt! I shouldn't get my hopes up too far, but it certainly made for a very interesting conversation.

• Like 1

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

1 hour ago, Tacchi Alti said:

I had a very interesting time on Saturday, out for the day at a business meeting with three ladies. One of them took her car so we converged on her house to get a lift. When I arrived, they said, You're the odd one out - we're all wearing skirts! I said it's a real shame I didn't know the dress code before I arrived! I was wearing my usual 4.5 inch block heels, but no comment was made, although I'm sure they know I wear them. I've known two of them for over three years. Even then, could you really sit next to someone in the back seat of the car for over an hour without that other person seeing what you're wearing? Anyway, the four of us are going to another business training on 14 April and we've decided our clothes will match for colour (blue) and our tops will have pictures of birds on. I'm now just waiting for a few prompts, as we're on a separate FB chat group. I would absolutely love the opportunity to wear something more daring in the way of shoes - some blue stilettos, perhaps? It will be a 'safe' environment - the company's head office - with moral support from three others. However, I don't want to force the issue, obviously. Perhaps I should get my blue heels in anticipation... One of them might even provide a skirt! I shouldn't get my hopes up too far, but it certainly made for a very interesting conversation.

Sounds like an interesting opportunity. If the skirt interests you - go for it, sounds like the door was opened already :cheeky:

• Like 1

I'm not particularly interested in wearing a skirt but as part of an overall good time and coming out properly in heels it would take a lot of beating, and if my heels were on show I'm sure I'd get some comments, including how well I can walk in them, etc. Everyone says I have great legs (modest...) so there might even be a bit of light-hearted bitching there.

• Like 1

John Milton

The thing that concerns me is I think you said this is a business trip/outing.  Generally speaking, it is usually best to keep your work and personal lives separate.  But, I am not you, and I know nothing about your work environment.  Nonetheless, I would give it some thought before jumping into the skirt. 

On the other hand, you have worn block heeled shoes/boots with your coworkers before, so no one will be "surprised". 

I would certainly bring the skirt/gear on the trip though, just in case you decide the occasion is right. 

You mentioned the wife also I think, so certainly make sure she is OK with it before going on the trip...

Have fun!  I'm envious for sure....

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:21 AM, Gudulitooo said:

I am following this guy on lookbook. Just found his Youtube Channel. Look at 1:11 on the following video he has got a nice pair of high heel boots and I like his pirate outfit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtnzVPWhcFY

http://lookbook.nu/user/5796755-Ken-N

He also did a video with Ari Fitz there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzmSHiBJJsU

These guys look great.  The combination of feminine and masculine gear screams confidence, would love to be able to achieve this look for sure

22 hours ago, pebblesf said:

The thing that concerns me is I think you said this is a business trip/outing.  Generally speaking, it is usually best to keep your work and personal lives separate.  But, I am not you, and I know nothing about your work environment.  Nonetheless, I would give it some thought before jumping into the skirt. 

On the other hand, you have worn block heeled shoes/boots with your coworkers before, so no one will be "surprised". 

I would certainly bring the skirt/gear on the trip though, just in case you decide the occasion is right. 

You mentioned the wife also I think, so certainly make sure she is OK with it before going on the trip...

Have fun!  I'm envious for sure....

These guys look great.  The combination of feminine and masculine gear screams confidence, would love to be able to achieve this look for sure

I wouldn't bring the skirt myself. I'd say that if they wanted me in one they should bring it. That will put the onus on them, and a get-out for me. I doubt this will get beyond fantasy, but we can always dream. I sent one of them a FB message just saying my male brain was trying to process the signals they gave out, from the initial remark to the detailed discussion about clothes, and ascertaining how serious they were, as I didn't have the female seventh sense. She thought my message was hilarious and said the bit about the matching colours was serious, as was the bird pattern - an extra touch by one of them. I didn't mention anything else specifically. Anyway, it's sown the seed. It's obvious they regard me as 'one of them'. The one I contacted had already said in a group message that they should call me Charlie, and they were the three angels. I saw her and another of them at a business presentation last evening and I greeted them loudly as 'my angels', much to everyone's amusement, and there were hugs and kisses. That's not unusual in this business, BTW. These aren't giggly teenagers - the youngest is in her thirties and the other two are in their forties and fifties.

I wouldn't tell my wife! She'd see the new shirt, of course, but that wouldn't cause any problems. Any footwear other than my usual heels would have to be smuggled into the car. I have some black suede stilettos with round toes and heels just over 4 inches. I could take those and test the temperature - even just to wear in usual man mode.

John Milton

Tacchi Alti,

You may be reading too much into it. I don't know what kind of company this is so I cannot begin to know what their corporate culture is. This may not be the best venue to stretch your freestyling envelope. If you wore a skirt and if your wife was okay with it and if the other women actually wear what they said they would then it may all work out. Notice the three "ifs" in the last sentence? When there is this much uncertainty the above comments of Shyheels and Steve63130 may prove prophetic indeed. Perhaps save your skirt and alternative heels for home time or a time and place outside your local area. Only you can best gauge what is in your best interest. Thanks nevertheless for throwing the topic up for discussion at the virtual bar with virtual beers all around. :cheeky:  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

I had a interesting talk with a young sales associate last week.

I stopped in a women's shoe boutique that I look into every once in a while.  I asked young sales associate if they had any 4 inch or higher heels. She pointed to the center table and one wall and told me "how about these wedges."  The strange thing was there wasn't any wedges on the center table or the wall, all block heels.  I then asked her if she knew what "wedges" were.  She fumbled with the description of a wedge.  At that point I took off one of my Steve Madden wedge mules and told her. "This is a wedge." "Oh!"

She then ask me not to tell her boss that she didn't know what wedge were, which I didn't.  But (1) Why you you take a job selling women's shoes if you have no clue about women's shoes?  (2) Who is this boss that hire such an employee?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cali said:

I stopped in a women's shoe boutique that I look into every once in a while.  I asked young sales associate if they had any 4 inch or higher heels. She pointed to the center table and one wall and told me "how about these wedges."  The strange thing was there wasn't any wedges on the center table or the wall, all block heels.  I then asked her if she knew what "wedges" were.  She fumbled with the description of a wedge.  At that point I took off one of my Steve Madden wedge mules and told her. "This is a wedge." "Oh!"

She then ask me not to tell her boss that she didn't know what wedge were, which I didn't.  But (1) Why you you take a job selling women's shoes if you have no clue about women's shoes?  (2) Who is this boss that hire such an employee?

She's learning on the job... I don't see an issue with that. Many of us did that! 

• Like 1

Believe it or not, some women don't put much thought into their shoes, just like there are men that do so.  They just wear what aligns with what everyone else wears. 

Sure, a majority of women really like shoes and will certainly know what a wedge is, but there are actually women out there where shoes are of very low importance to them, they are purely a comfort thing and they might try to emulate what everyone else is wearing, but beyond that, no thought about the shoes is involved. 

She is probably doing this job because its a paying (minimum wage) job and they hired her because she is a willing, capable worker, not because she loves them or knows everything about them.

• Like 1

Come to think of it, I have very little idea of the different types of men's shoes because I don't wear men's shoes...but then I also don't work at a men's shoe store.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

On 29/03/2018 at 7:36 AM, Cali said:

But (1) Why you you take a job selling women's shoes if you have no clue about women's shoes?  (2) Who is this boss that hire such an employee?

Selling things don't really require to know what you sell ... :cheeky:

Yesterday, I met a real estate agent that didn't know about the technical obligations of the seller. Also most of the ones I have met knew almost nothing about a house, except where is the kitchen, the rooms, etc. What they really know is how much they earn when the deal is closed !

On 29/03/2018 at 2:43 PM, Cali said:

What amazed me was this twenty-something year old woman had no idea what a wedge was. How many other 20-something women have no idea what are wedges?

More than you think.